Group 1 weekly check in (June 1-7 due dates) week of 10/28

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? 

Re: Group 1 weekly check in (June 1-7 due dates) week of 10/28

• EDD: 6/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: 11/4

How are you feeling? Ok over all. Other than tired and boob pain I feel decent. Crabby. Nervous to hear the heart beat again because I'm feeling so OK. 

Raves/Rants: I wish I could sleep as easily as dh. I hate how fast he falls asleep and how I lay there for an hour. 

Questions: no

GTKY: I like vacuuming for some odd reason. Emptying the strainer after doing the dishes is the worst thing ever. Like worse than cleaning toilets. 
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, no shame in my game admitting that I'm hoping for team pink! Should find out in about a month...

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry I think?

Upcoming appointments: November 21 

How are you feeling? Today might be the day I actually get sick.  I have felt nauseous for the past month but haven't spilled my cookies, so to speak.  It's feeling pretty bad today though.

Raves/Rants: I'm just ready for the first trimester to be over.  This is the worst.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite and least favorite chores? I like folding laundry and pretty much hate everything else, including putting said laundry away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: 6/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out (also hoping for team pink, @diagonalley !)

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow! Original appointment was supposed to be last Friday, but the ultrasound tech was sick so we got rescheduled.

How are you feeling? So so tired. And nauseous. I'd avoided throwing up until yesterday, but the last two mornings, brushing my teeth has made me retch.

Raves/Rants: We're going to Epcot Food and Wine Festival at Disney World in a couple weeks and everyone's going to be drinking except me  :'(

Questions: 

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? I like cleaning the baseboards, which feels weird to say. And I hate washing the dishes.
  • edited October 2019
    EDD: 6/6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green. And for the first time, zero opinion on eventual sex. 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry maybe???

Upcoming appointments: Nov 18. 

How are you feeling? Tired of peeing, weirdly no longer nauseous...Pelvis already getting loose though, which makes me sore.

Raves/Rants: Stupid sinuses are driving me crazy. Day 11 of this cold, still very uncomfortable. Also, super glad I'm no longer feeling like puking all day. Hopefully it's not just the cold keeping that away.

Questions: Lol, third pregnancy in four years. I don't think I have questions left. 

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? Favorite-cleaning toilets, vacuuming hard floors, or folding diapers. The first two have great rewards immediately with very little time or effort. Diapers are cute and I watch TV while folding, which is pretty much the only TV I ever watch. Least favorite-dishes, or sweeping. Or windows. I don't do windows or sweeping. If vacuum doesn't get it, dogs should. 

eta @runwmusic My husband either loathes emptying food trap or is the biggest inconsiderate asshole. He literally won't do it, even after doing dishes, unless it's overflowing out of the entire recessed drain area. And right now my super smell can't handle anything being there, so it's unpleasant right now. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD: 6/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out. Mostly b.c husband wants to know. 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: Nov. 4th

How are you feeling? Tired. Mostly okay, just super tired.. 

Raves/Rants:  This food aversion and sensitivity to smell is annoying. So many things I want that my body is saying no to and most of the things I can pallet are carbs...

Questions: again, so many, dont know where to begin. I guess I'd love to hear from STM+ what are some items that you consider must have. Any insights into stroller? I've been freaking out about daycare since my husband and I both work FT.

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? I hate hand washing dishes. I looooove cleaning the bathroom. It is the most cathartic experience. And nothing is better than a sparkly clean bathroom.
  • @rabbitmama09 Muslin blankets-they're so thin they're great for everything. Prefold cloth diapers-they make the best spit up rags ever. Like, a thousand times better than the wimpy ones sold for that reason. Our glider chair still gets use several times per day. Baby bathtub, but I don't case which one. Just something. Our sink just doesn't get emptied frequently enough. Cheap crib-it's going to get chewed. I like that ours you can literally put mattress on floor though to keep kids from climbing out, and the rails go low enough it's still safe. Minimum 3 flat sheets and 3 waterproof mattress covers for crib. Put them on it layers, so you can rip a pair off, and drop baby back in middle of night without having to wrestle sheet on. Get a stroller in your budget that accepts a rumble seat if you want another baby within four years. Just do it. Our single stroller has a rumble seat and no shit will still get plenty of use for kid 3. A car seat with easily removable machine washable cover. Very important to me. We don't do infant bucket seats in our house much, they are too hard for me to carry, so we invested in a convertible seat that shrinks down to newborn size easily. We didn't bother getting a stroller to fit an infant seat, and remember, stroller will outlast an infant seat, so that doesn't need to be the most important factor. The lawn bottle drying rack is amazing. Finding a local baby wearing meeting to try out a carrier NOW with a weighted doll is amazing (before your bump is too big to have a good idea on how things will fit).

And, this is the most important thing I wish I knew. Chevy Cruze (and many other small to mid-size sedans, and some smaller SUVs too!) does not fit a rear facing convertible car seat well. It's not a width problem, but a front-to-back issue. In our Cruze (which we bought to be my mom car), we can't put an adult more than 5'3 comfortably in front of a rear facing seat. Most states insist on rear facing until 2, and recommendations is to go longer if you can. We HAD to buy another new car to fit our second kid. Luckily, we bought huge, so adding our third surprise is a total non-issue, even though both kids are forward facing now. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FigTreeMamaFigTreeMama member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 6/7 
    Baby is the size of a: kidney bean

Team: Finding out! With a slight bias for pink. I should know in a few weeks as a side benefit of NIPT. 

Upcoming appointments: First appointment is tomorrow, so thankful the wait is almost over! Can’t wait to hear a heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? Extremely tired, get out of breath easily, and have to pee constantly, but otherwise not too bad. The bloating comes and goes but at least is not as bad as two weeks ago where I needed to bust into my maternity wardrobe already!

Raves/Rants:  
    Rave - DH and I finally got to see Hamilton (in Philly) this weekend! It was so so amazing. We actually used songs from Hamilton in our wedding so it was extra special to me. 
    Rant - None right now! 
  • EDD:  June 6 2020 - confirmed by ultrasound. 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean

Upcoming appointments: 13 Nov 19 to monitor weight loss

How are you feeling? I feel like hot garbage every morning. 

Raves/Rants:  Rave - I lost the last 10 lbs I wanted to lose! Rant - DH sleeps through the night and I want to punch him for it.  My boobs hurt every time I stand up it’s like gravity is against me.  My food aversions are going to starve me!! Meat, Ice cream, soup are all now no no’s.  Peanut butter toast is what I’m currently living off.  

Questions:  Not at this moment.  

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores?  I hate doing laundry.  My favourite chore is vacuuming and dusting.  

• EDD: 6/5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Not finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: November 26th

How are you feeling? Exhausted. All. The. Time. I am pretty much a human potato at this point. I have been feeling constantly naseous for the last but 2 weeks but haven't actually thrown up yet, so I guess it could be worse. I can not wait to get some energy back.

Raves:I started telling family this weekend, which has been really fun. 

Rants: It's really hard to engage 7th graders while trying to stay awake and not throw up in front of them. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? I like the product, not the process. Though I would pick laundry over dishes.
  • @sunbeams123 I feel ya on the teaching front. I teach at an all-boys high school and I am way too exhausted to get them pumped about learning physics. Luckily they are old enough to be empathetic and have been behaving better than normal b.c they have noticed I have felt a bit under the weather. I would imagine 7th graders do not have that same awareness. I wish you luck and am sending positive vibes in your direction!
  • @FigTreeMama I love Hamilton! I got to see it a month after its Tony wins in NYC with about half of the original cast and then got to attend a talk back after. It was amazing and I am dying to see it again. I enter the Philly lottery every day but haven't won yet :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD: 6/3

Team: Finding Out 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry (and now I'm craving a big bowl of cherries...)

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound to check on my SCH tomorrow (10/31). Soooo nervous!!!

How are you feeling? I felt TERRIBLE over the weekend (migraine, vomitting, all smells were bad smells) and then--BAM!--all the sudden I felt nothing. First trimester is such a mind game...

Raves: I have my own office, and it has a futon. Not gonna lie, I usually lay down 1-2 times a day. I appreciate the sh*t out of it.

Questions: What is everyone reading right now? Baby-related or not.

GTKY: Favorite chores: Cleaning our carpet (with our carpet cleaner, not just a vacuum) is VERY satisfying. I also enjoy cleaning the walls/doors/baseboards with a Magic Eraser. Least favorite: I am terrible at putting away laundry. You can put money on the fact that on any given day, there will be a pile of clothes on our bedroom floor :(
  • EDD: 6/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! Doing the myriad (I think? They switched brands since my last pregnancy) at 10 weeks. I have 2 boys and would love to have a girl! But healthy is my main concern.

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Monday - looking forward to seeing that little heartbeat again.

How are you feeling? Like the laziest person alive. I am barely functioning. So exhausted, but thankful the headaches are starting to get better. Thankful for zero nausea this time around, though I go from starving to feeling like I’m going to pop in about 5 bites.

Raves/Rants: We moved 2 years ago to a rural town and I’m so happy we did, BUT I really miss our old neighborhood on Halloween. It was perfect for trick or treating. Doing so now would involve a couple hours in the car, so we went to our family’s houses down the road. Boys still had fun but they’re missing out! Trunk or treats not the same either 🤷‍♀️

Questions: none

GTKY: What is you favorite and least favorite chores? As I was cleaning earlier, I was wondering if there was anyone who truly enjoyed cleaning. I guess y’all answered my question! I wish I did! I don’t mind laundry or dishes much, but I ABHOR vacuuming and mopping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @diagonalley, I have actually known two people who have won the Hamilton lottery! Good luck! Do you live in the area?

My EDD changed to 6/4! I had my first appointment on Tuesday and it was such a relief to hear a strong heartbeat and see the baby in a nice big yolk sac, measuring as expected.
  • @FigTreeMama I do! I'm about an hour and 15 from Philly :)
    Pregnancy Ticker