Weekly Randoms 10/28 - 11/3 - Page 2 — The Bump
February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/28 - 11/3

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/28 - 11/3

• @daffodil_shoe I’m so sorry you are dealing with this. Hope everything is ok. 
    daffodil_shoe
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe I am so glad you have answers and will be praying that this does not cause anymore issues. 
    daffodil_shoe
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe thinking of you! hopefully you'll find out soon whether or not you'll be on full bedrest. 

daffodil_shoe
  • @daffodil_shoe I have been MIA all week and just read your update! Oh man, I am so sorry that you are in such a scary situation. I'm glad things are looking okay for the moment. Thinking about you 💙
    daffodil_shoe
  • Spent 3+ hours at the emergency vet clinic last night. My cat has been peeing in inappropriate places since last Christmas. Well, in one specific area of the family room. Nothing was ever found with blood work and urine testing. He only pees outside his litter box like 5% of the time. I don't know why he is doing it but he is 17+ y/o with arthritis and kidney issues. Anyway, we are installing brand new waterproof flooring next month and in the meantime, I put foil all over this area to prevent him from peeing there. When I came home from work last night, I saw that he peed on top of the foil and there was blood in it. Of course it was 5:45PM and all the vet clinics are closed or about to close. So off to the emergency clinic we went. $600+ later, we are waiting on test results to understand what is going on. His glucose levels in his urine were elevated so he needs to do a blood test to see if he has diabetes (didn't have it 6 months ago). As it turns out, is bi-annual physical is due next week.
    I love my grandpa kitty. I hope we find what is going on with him.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

malloryfrommnfallonpartyfor2ibabyloveb87leksiL
  • @rikiteacup I'm sorry your kitty might be sick.  Pets really become part of a family so it can be difficult when they aren't feeling well.  FX everything turns out well
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Yikes, poor kitty
  • @rikiteacup I am so sorry your sweet boy is showing some concerning symptoms! Ugh, thinking about our pets being sick is such a worry. Hoping for good news!
  • Oh no @rikiteacup. I hope you can find out what is wrong with him and he is ok. <3 
  • @rikiteacup I hope they can figure out what’s going on with him! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Aww @rikiteacup sorry to hear about kitty!
  • @sassypants2010 we got a lot less than usual but it was raining and SUPER windy - I think the news said the wind was up to 50 mph. We went out between 5-6 and my daughter had a great time, it was 70 degrees up here in CT! So we have candy but also the candy my 2 year old got (our immediate neighbors put a few handfuls in there - THANKS haha. Obviously we aren't giving her all that candy - luckily there is a final trunk or treat this weekend we can try to get rid of stuff there. Everyone else just brings it into work so there is a huge basket of candies 10' from my desk.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

brookert615mandk1233craftywitchbg122785
  • bg122785 said:
    @daffodil_shoe We are a small company and don't have an HR or anything like that. I have spoken to my manager about it and he has talked to her in the past but at this point we just all "know how she is" and most of the time it doesn't get to me but not yesterday. 
    I have a terrible boss too...sounds similar to yours. He always talks so condescendingly towards the people on our team and thinks he's the only person with good ideas (and he rarely ever even has ANY good ideas much less all of them). It's so demotivating :(  I hope your situation improves!  Mine got a little better when he put a new layer of management in below him, so now I report to someone who reports to him. But we still interact frequently.

@daffodil_shoe I've been MIA this week but so sorry to hear about your situation! So glad things are starting to look better now! Keep us updated...I'll be sending good vibes your way!
    daffodil_shoebrookert615bg122785
  • We got a little bit more than last year: 33 vs 27. Of course, we have way too much candy left and I let kids grab a handful if they wanted.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

brookert615craftywitchSwiftlet
  • @daffodil_shoe, yay for the good news. This baby also has marginal cord attachment. I will get ultrasounds every 4 weeks.
    daffodil_shoemandk1233malloryfrommnleksiL
  • @DDRRT1982 @jvk2012 yah the marginal cord insertion isn’t concerning to me. I know it’s not ideal, but I’ve seen perfectly healthy kiddos come from it. And considering DS1 was 8lb9oz...worst case scenario this kid might be 7 lb 😆
    DDRRT1982clee5711malloryfrommnbrookert615
  • Loving all the costumes, nice job everyone! We never get trick or treaters as we live in a more rural neighborhood and live at the stop of a long, dark, steep gravel driveway 😂 I always loved passing out candy at my parents place.

@daffodil_shoe so glad for the news! <3
    daffodil_shoemalloryfrommnbrookert615
  • @daffodil_shoe yay for good news! So glad they’ll keep monitoring. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
    daffodil_shoemalloryfrommn
  • @daffodil_shoe so happy to see your good news!

@DDRRT1982 so cute!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

daffodil_shoemalloryfrommnDDRRT1982
  • Guys, I need help! 

Tomorrow is my first baby shower. Long story short, last month I purchased the invites for both of my showers and they were both blue and silver themed. They were approved by my mom and MIL and they’re really cute.

Fast forward to this week when we flew in for our visit and shower. Found out that my MIL is throwing a fall themed, buffalo plaid shower. Super cute and I’m really thankful, but I packed for a blue themed shower per the invites I sent out. Nothing I packed goes with this theme at all and now I’m stressing. I literally have nothing to wear that will make me stand out and feel special. 

So, should I just wear whatever, or should I go to Walmart and try to find something that fits the theme more? I’m super thankful that she’s throwing this shower and I can tell it’s going to be adorable. It’s just frustrating that she didn’t tell me she chose a completely different theme before I came here so I could pack something cute 😩
    brookert615
  • @daffodil_shoe that’s great news!

@babyroma have a great time at your shower! Love the cupcakes and please share a picture of the cake!

@taylor2020 that is frustrating but I’m sure what you packed will look great! 
    tmk2021daffodil_shoe
  • @doodleoodle thanks for your perspective! I always imagined wearing something that matched and never really thought about it in that way. I totally get it. I think you’re right, I’m just overthinking. Pretty typical for me lol 
    clee5711leksiLbrookert615
  • @daffodil_shoe what a relief!! I've been thinking about you and hoping everything was okay 💙
    daffodil_shoe
  • noxacanthusnoxacanthus member
    edited November 2019
    @taylor2020 I just had my shower yesterday and I did not match my outfit to the shower theme (blue/green/purple dinosaurs) (tho I am fashion-impaired so YMMV). I think that you will feel special regardless of what you are wearing. I'm sure your blue and silver outfit is still cute, even if it doesn't match.

@daffodil_shoe Congrats on being off bed rest! Glad the baby will be ok.
    tmk2021daffodil_shoeleksiL
  • @taylor2020 it never occurred to me to match my outfit to my baby shower theme (I wore nice maternity jeans and a white lacy top for my Harry Potter baby shower). You can wear whatever you want 😊
    SwiftletleksiLbrookert615
  • @taylor2020 I’m also in the not-matching camp. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever been to a shower where the mom to be coordinated with the theme.

You’ll stand out no matter what you wear- everyone knows who you are and you’re presumably the most pregnant one too ;) I say wear what you planned and relax and enjoy the party :)
    leksiLbrookert615