March 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 10/28

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 10/28

• @kailanae, your boys are adorable.

@silverhope, welcome to team pink!
  • Random thoughr of the day: I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the boy/girl poll change over the last couple months!
    @silverhope welcome to team pink! I too thought for sure I was having a boy but was overwhelmed with tears when we found out it was a girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all! I have been MIA this week because work has been insane. Grades were due and between that and all the Halloween stuff with DD I just haven’t had time to check in. Love the exciting news from anatomy scans! Fingers crossed this coming week is less crazy so I can catch up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So! My family is throwing a baby shower for me in Michigan. I live in Colorado with my boyfriend who is from New York. His family lives in NY. My mom and sisters only invited people from my family who lived in Michigan to the shower. Was it wrong not to send invites to boyfriend’s family even if they’re not likely going to fly out to the shower?
  • @stac4056 Thank you <3 I feel like October was a terrible month for me, overall.  But I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel... 

@kagesstarshroom Oh that article makes me mad too!  People really do associate pregnancy with suffering and are totally fine with the idea that pregnant women should be uncomfortable, no matter what.  It's so frustrating! It was one of the reasons I didn't want to take Zoloft because everything I read was so anti-medication and fear-mongering.  Infuriating. 

@hmjensen Aw Disney sounds exciting!  I hate packing and traveling, too, so I usually put it off til last minute.  But I hope the trip is wonderful and you have so much fun.  :) 

@kailanae Your announcement is SO cute!! <3 We *finally* announced on social media yesterday.  I was so anxious about it, oddly.  But the news was pretty well-received. I'll share my announcement on here in a minute!

@silverhope Awwwwwww a baby girl!!!  So exciting! <3 As @treetop19 said, welcome to Team Pink!!

@babyfox320 Oh you just reminded me that I should go change my answer in the poll!  Lol I had originally put boy for me because of the Sneak Peek results, but as it turns out, I'm having a girl.  Although now that I'm back in that thread, I can't see anywhere for me to change my vote....... ruh-roh!

@varimama I got the Amazon box a month or two ago, but I can't even remember what all was in it.  There was some bottles and lotion samples and a swaddle blanket, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I'll check when I'm home today for lunch! :)  I never got a Target registry welcome bag though, and that's where we are registered for most of our stuff.  Hmm...

@AAAG13 I feel you.  I've been pretty absent this entire month because of life shenanigans but now I'm baaack and trying to play catch-up, lol.
  • @cheraec I don't think it was wrong to not invite his family, honestly, especially if they weren't going to be able to attend anyway.  I've seen a lot of couples have two baby showers, one with the mom's side and one with the dad's side.  I've also seen couples not have any baby showers at all!  It's all up to you guys.  If you want his family included, you could always just extend the invite by word of mouth and say that you didn't send actual invitations because of the location, but if they want to fly out, they're welcome?
  • @cheraec if you aren't having two showers, you could have the invitations sent to his side... but maybe just his immediate family? My MIL made sure to invite my mom & aunt so they didn't feel left out even though only my mom will be making the long trip. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @Malidocious Super cute! In love with the cross stitch piece!
    We announced on social media last night too :) I forget how many "Facebook friends" we have who didn't know yet. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @Malidocious looove your announcement  <3 you are so talented with the cross stitching.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kagesstarshroom I am so relieved for you! Glad you know you'll have work etc! Yay! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @Malidocious That's a super cute announcement!

• @Malidocious your announcement is SO cute!! Glad for you that you can finally be “official,” too 🤗 we were really anxious as well but it’s been nice to have so much support now too. 
  • @Malidocious so cute! I love it so so much!! 

@silverhope so happy for you! That’s so exciting!!
  • @varimama I got the amazon box and it had tons of really useful stuff in it! Definitely go for it. I mean it’s free anyways so totally worthwhile! 

@Malidocious I love your cross stitch announcement! Super cute ❤️ 
  • kantobeankantobean member
    edited November 2019
    @Malidocious that’s adorable! Did you make it yourself? That’s some talent!

no announcement yet here. Not sure why, I just don’t feel like telling the internet I guess. 
  • @chichiphin HAVE FUNNNNNN! And don't feel weird, ppl might be worried otherwise. ^_~* 
  •  I got the amazon welcome box. Came with a onsie, baby sweatshirt, swaddle, pacifiers, bottle, breast pads, shampoo sample and an aqua pho’s sample.
  • silverhopesilverhope member
    edited November 2019
    @miss.sally no :(  ETA: also @stassischroeder has been absent a few days (second sadface)

@chichiphin sooo sooo sooo jealous. have the best time. Where in France?

• @chichiphin bon voyage! Have the greatest time!
  • @cheraec I have an amazon registry--am I missing how to get the box sent? AFM, when I went to get mine from Target, they gave me two bags! Basically w/ the same stuff, though a slight variation--and the reusable bags are cute, too!

Yall we've had temps in the 40s in the mornings and highs only in the 60s and I am FREEEEZING. Our walls are made of sugar cane & we have no insulation/nothing under our floor, so our house holds the cold in--this is great in the summer, but a bummer in the fall/winter. We had this hellishly hot summer where it was 90s-100s temps for 5 months and--I don't miss that but usually I feel like it's in the 70s for longer & the 40s are like--not so soon/as much? 
  • @kagesstarshroom your amazon box will be sent automatically once a $10 purchase is made from your registry 😊
  • Awww @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I’m sorry for all the sick. But I’m glad you’re here! I got really worried for you all of a sudden! 
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I'm glad you're ok too!! I also got really worried when @miss.sally mentioned that you've been MIA. 
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese sorry you and your DD have been sick but glad you’re ok! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @kagesstarshroom a ten dollar purchase needs to be made. Then, I clicked to order. You add to cart and it’s $0.00.  Mine said it would be backordered past 11/8 too, but ordered before Halloween and got 10/30. Maybe it’s a local availability thing.
  • @chichiphin Have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Ugh I hope DD gets better! I can't believe we are already entering the time of year where it is back to back to back illnesses. BLAH! At least we don't have newborns to stress about right now! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 ugh right?! It's too early for the daycare crud to take its hold. NooooooO! We're actually headed to the pediatrician this morning, signs point to ear infection.
  • @malidocious, love the cross stitch announcement!
    @cheraec, I definitely think it would be wise to at least send out invitations to both sides of the family if only 1 shower is being held. then even if they can't come at least they wont' feel left out. who knows though, they could be planning a surprise shower for you so you'll end up with two.  :)
    @kagesstarshroom, glad your work situation worked out.
    @workingonmynightcheese, hope your DD gets better.
  • Thanks for all the love on my announcement, guys!  :)  @kantobean I did make it myself!  :)  I love cross-stitching.  I want to do one of our ultrasound photo soon but it will have to be after I'm done with my Christmas cross-stitches.

@chichiphin HAVE SO MUCH FUN ON YOUR TRIP!!

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese Yay I'm so glad everything is okay!  Sorry for all the sickness though!
  • @stassischroeder oof no/spotty wifi is the worst. Hope your son is better soon! HFM was running around here last summer. Ouch. 

• @silverhope thanks! He was pretty unhappy for a couple days when he was running a fever, but luckily he didn't seem too uncomfortable after that despite having spots on his face, hands, legs, butt, and legs. Thank god MIL was able to watch him for the days I was at the conference (even though she drives me nuts). 
    And yeah, you'd think a 1300 person conference put on by the state department of commerce would be able to get their wi-fi game together!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20