May 2020 Moms
Options

Monday B*tchfest

Re: Monday B*tchfest

• Options
    Yeesss. My H. Love him, but he missed my US this morning because he and DD took AN HOUR to leave the house after I left. She was dressed and he was too, and he had eaten. I suggested maybe giving her yogurt and cereal on the go this one time, but he didn’t do that.  He said he didn’t keep a close enough eye on the clock and just didn’t think it would take them that long. I should have made them just leave with me. I know it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but for whatever reason I am just so pissed. He just basically had no reason other than that he just thought they would leave sooner and I guess didn’t really hurry? Argghhhhhh. 
  • Options
    @adventuresawait2 That would piss me off too. My H is so bad about managing his time in the morning. He always thinks it doesn't take him that long to get ready when realistically it takes him an hour +, while I get myself and DD and everything else ready. I have an appointment tomorrow where we will either get the doppler or a bedside ultrasound that he needs to go to. That means he will have to get up about an hour and a half earlier than he normally does and we have to bring DD to daycare early.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adventuresawait2 I would be infuriated.  MH couldn't make it to my US, but we knew that ahead of time.  I'd be so mad if I was expecting him to be there and he missed it.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    The first thing my husband said to me this morning was, "Honey! I've lost six pounds!" That's great, dude, but consider your audience. Later, when I was teasing him about it, I told him I'd lost 10 due to morning sickness. His response? "Well, luckily you still have some to spare." His intent was good (like, I shouldn't feel bad or like baby is in danger) but his delivery was just...ugh. 
  • Options
    We started telling close family we were expecting after our 7 week US including my MIL and SIL.  We weren't telling my FIL yet (MIL and FIL are divorced) because we are not close with him at all (he has seen DD maybe 5 times ever and she's 2...) and also we hate his wife.  SIL asked if we were telling him and we said no we are waiting until closer to 10-12 weeks to tell the rest of the family.  I found out over the weekend that she told FIL's wife (who obviously told FIL) and thinks that's ok because she didn't explicitly tell FIL and also she didn't "tell her" but rather she "guessed" when SIL said that me and DH "had a secret".  I.AM.SO.PISSED.  Like I don't really care that they know right now because DH tried calling FIL last week to tell him after our 11 week scan was all good but he didn't answer, and he hasn't tried again. But this is 100000% NOT HER PLACE.  She's literally the dumbest person so I shouldn't be suprised, but come on! So then I told her that she won't be finding out the sex when we do she can wait until I announce on FB (unless I block her before then) because I'm petty af and pissed.

Also - DD decided we were waking up at 4:30 today.  My alarm was set for 5:30, but I really needed that extra hour of sleep. Definitely slacking at work today...
  • Options
    @m6agua Hope all goes smoothly for you tomorrow and everyone gets out the door on time! 

@shamrocandroll Thanks! Would have been fine if he couldn’t make it, but just expecting it and not having him show up was tough. 

@thepretzelchick Ugh. Sometimes people just dig themselves into a hole. 

@bananapanda yargh, that is so frustrating. That’s not right. Definitely think it’s fair not to tell the sex given the track record!
  • Options
    @thepretzelchick I've got bail money if you need it haha
  • Options
    @thepretzelchick wow. 😒

@adventuresawait2 that’s just crappy of him. I’d be pissed.

@bananapanda also wow. I definitely wouldn’t tell them the sex. How rude. Does she need the flow chart of whether it’s your news to tell? 🤨
  • Options
    My computer at work decided to update so I’m sitting here waiting for it to get done, it’s been down about half an hour already, which is really not helping my motivation at all
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick the funniest part is that when she had a baby a couple years ago she was the one always posting reminders on facebook like "when the baby is here, please let us share the news and don't post anything until we have posted" and then she does this.  So she's aware that she shouldn't have done it, but she's just so dumb and rude and doesn't really care about anyone but herself. 
  • Options
    @bananapanda so unacceptable. 

My complaints just all center around the fact that we still live with my IL's and they have no concept of boundaries whatsoever. None. Still waiting to hear back from the house offer we made. Apparently the seller is older and the agent had to go to her house to go over it with her. I'm so impatient that stuff like this just makes me crazy because it's all I can think about. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MH got a new job in May with an hour commute each way - the pay is great though. We decided we would move closer to his new job making his commute about 30-40 min instead of an hour and my commute would stay the same (about 25 min). We have been looking for houses in that area and I've been reaching out to daycares/preschools (for DS) in that area. The area is about 30 min from my parents house which sucks because my mom helps A LOT with childcare, but I was finally coming to terms with it and feeling confident about the move. 
    Today, MH says he wants to start looking for a different job after the holidays. This was our first super snowy day and his commute brings him through an area that gets really bad snow/wind and he said he doesn't want to do the commute long term (even when we move - he would still have to drive through this stretch). I'm somewhat happy b/c it will make things easier..BUT I've spent the last 2 months doing tons of research and work trying to get us ready to move and now it's all for nothing! Also, I don't want to move before DH gets a job, because the location of his job will impact the area we want to live and since he isn't going to start looking until after the holidays who knows how long it will take. Which means delaying our move another few months (we were originally trying to at least find a house before December). I know everything will eventually work its self out, but I just want to be out of this limbo we have been in for so long! 
  • Options
    @Austenista good luck with the house! Know how nerve-wracking that can be. (Also tags are doing something weird on my phone.) 
  • Options
    I failed my glucose test. Wahhhhhh.
  • Options
    @linsbins Oh no! I am so sorry.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @Linsbins oh noooo!  The one hour or the three hour? I failed the one hour but passed the three hour (didn’t make the cutoff for the first hour but you have to miss two to “fail”). Although DD was 9 lbs, so, yeah...
  • Options
    @chewie5990 that’s so hard. We were looking for a house for 6 months and it felt like our life was on hold and it was hard to make future plans. But perhaps it will be less stressful to get through the holidays where you are now? Now that we are in our house the pace of life seems a little insane - a lot to get done!
  • Options
    It's not Monday, but I'm feeling particularly b*tchy today.

1. Our athletic director emailed me yesterday afternoon (while I was out on DD's class field trip) that, surprise, field hockey has their senior night tonight and we can't use the football field for marching band like we've had on the schedule the entire season. In fact, I moved this week's rehearsal to Wednesday to accommodate the field hockey schedule he sent me in April, which had games Tuesday and Thursday, but nothing on Wednesday. He gave me such short notice that I couldn't reschedule our practice for last night, and if I try to move it to tomorrow, I will have less than half my kids show up since it's Halloween. That was one salty email I sent this morning.

2. At the beginning of the school year everyone was placed on a committee for something or other. I was placed on the school climate and culture committee even though I had specifically expressed interest in other ones. The district wants us to implement this program called PBIS, which is basically about rewarding positive behavior and using specific language campus-wide to get everyone on the same page. I was the only one on my committee who had ever even heard of PBIS, so I got basically strong-armed into being the chair of this committee. Now I'm getting all these emails from someone at the district office about paperwork that is "due tomorrow," school walkthroughs that we are supposed to do, etc. Our committees meet literally once a month for an hour each time and everyone was forced on to whatever committee they are on. Also, PBIS is something that is supposed to come organically from a school site based on the site needs, not forced down from the district level. So that was another salty email I sent this morning.

3. Yesterday was a really rough parenting day and I had a mini meltdown to H about feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing as a parent. I know that's basically everyone, especially parents of toddlers, but it still sucks.
  • Options
    @soprano19 toddlers suck, there’s no way around it, I’m sure you’re doing great! Also I would be like sorry not sorry field hockey coach we are practicing right next to the field then 😂😂 but I get you don’t want to mean to the seniors.
  • Options
    @soprano19 Ugh, so sorry about all that suck.  But here to say that I too have no idea what I'm doing half the time with parenting a toddler, so solidarity there!  Hope your day turns around!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    Oh ladies...I feel you with these toddlers  :s
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @mamaj1220 @shamrocandroll @queenklau I'm sorry for your struggles but glad to know I'm not alone!
  • Options
    @soprano19 @mamaj1220 @shamrocandroll @queenklau echoing all that has been said about toddlers. It’s tough!
  • Options
    Plus 1 for toddler issues! I had a meltdown to H last night too. Our son is going through the "I refuse to wake up and get dressed" phase and being non verbal, his go to when angry is hitting. I told H I feel like I spend the morning getting screamed at and hit, then I come home from work, we have some play time and dinner, then he's tired and grumpy and I get screamed at and hit again. But, this will pass.