January 2020 Moms

Weekly check-in Groups 1&2 (jan1-16) w/o 28/10

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants?

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions ? 

Re: Weekly check-in Groups 1&2 (jan1-16) w/o 28/10

• EDD/Weeks + days: 29+5 / 8th Jan 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Purple

Babies are the size of a(n): coat hanger / a barbie convertible

Upcoming appointments: nothing this week

How are you feeling? i came over all woozy & weak on my drive to work this morning. i thought it might have been low blood sugar but when i checked, i was actually over target for pre breakfast with no explanation for it.

Raves/Rants? DD has had a high temp (varying between 38-40) since last thursday. DH has checked her lungs/heart/throat etc and can find no obvious reason for it. He's been trying to get a urine sample from her to check for UTIs but has been unsuccessful so far. She has been in good form and is still drinking plenty but not really eating. Her nursery (daycare) won't take her with her temp not being under control. So my mil has come to look after her for the next day or 2 as i had a pretty major event in one of my projects taking place today so couldnt take time out. Whilst im really grateful that she can do this for us, i also hate that she will be there this evening when i get home from work & i'll have to make dinner and entertain when all i want to do is get into my pjs and have a nap.

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions ? I have a stockpile of mini bags of skittles, haribo starmix, other trashy chewy sweets & fun size chocolate bars to give to trick or treaters. I wont dress up this year but will prob wear minnie mouse ears which i have from a disney trip years ago to jazz up my clothes when answering the door. DD is going to be spiderman. I tried my best to get her to choose something else but that's the only thing she wanted. The city im from has the largest halloween celebrations in europe & i love going home to participate in all the activities they have on but it being a weekday makes it difficult since i now live 1.5 hours away. DH & i met on halloween night in my home city 10 years ago this week! I was dressed as a (somewhat slutty) pirate & he was robin from batman and robin!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 30w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  green

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: Nov 5th with midwife

How are you feeling? I'm feeling big now, like walking getting up from sitting etc is all becoming challenging haha. Heartburn is mild but soon as I eat I feel pretty full so I have to stagger

Raves/Rants? we did a Halloween event this weekend with DD and she loved it, she is still to young to actually want any of the candy (only lolly's haha). My midwife practice is saying that they need to only see me every 2-3 weeks? anyone else have this?  I'm going to push for every 2 weeks

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions ? I would go all out but we live in the country and from house to house is such a long distance we pretty much get no trick or treat'ers which is so disappointing. You'll get the odd parent who take's their kids on an ATV or by car to go house to house since they can't walk it for sure. We end up going to my brother's neighborhood since he live's in a suburb with the house's really close together so DD and her cousin's can run around and that neighborhood everyone give's a really good effort
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + days:  29 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Midwife appointment next Tuesday

How are you feeling? Feel good for the most part.  Having a hard time getting DS to accept that Mommy can't get up and down off the floor like I used to for diaper changes and bedtime...lol

Raves/Rants? None really at this time.

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions ? Our neighborhood doesn't get a lot of trick or treaters, but I have a bowl of mini snickers, milky way, and 3 musketeers ready for my husband to pass out while I take DS to the High School for trunk or treat.  If I dress up, I think I'll just tape some jack-o-lantern cutouts on my orange shirt that I plan on wearing Thursday, but It may be too cold for anyone to even see.  In terms of traditions, we take DS to the zoo Night Eyes event for a practice trick-or-treat session.  He was really into the animals and the candy this year...lol!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 8th/29w5d today

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday morning, had my 3 hour glucose test on Saturday morning and passed! 🎉🎉

How are you feeling?  Some days like shit, some days not so bad.  Lots of fatigue lately, but that may be in combination with the job change.  Heartburn has some really bad days/nights where as others are manageable.  This "broken vagina" still isn't getting any better, I don't understand why it's the worst at night when I'm sleeping. 

Raves/Rants? Had family fall/maternity photos yesterday and the one sneak peek we got is so stinkin adorable I teared up!  Can't wait to see the rest!

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions ? 
    We live on the outskirts of our town, so we're kind of rural and don't get trick or treaters.  I've actually never lived anywhere where we've had trick or treaters.  We take Harper trick or treating at an event in my hometown called "Halloween in the Park" that's basically a trunk or treat sponsored by the schools, local businesses, & churches.  The police & fire department come out to interact with the kids, play games, let them check out the emergency vehicles, pass out candy, etc.  My sister and her kids come too, so Harper gets to spend time with her cousins and our parents will come hang out too.  We went this past weekend and the weather was shit, it rained the entire time but the kids had fun.  We'll also go trick or treating Halloween night.
  • @valerie4786 so cute! I was thinking about doing family/maternity holiday photos, but I am too lazy to plan anything right now. I might just wait to do lifestyle newborn/family pics after the baby is born. 

EDD/Weeks + days: January 6th. 30 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow for 30 week appointment. Can't believe that we are already at biweekly!

How are you feeling? Horrible. I came down with a cold this weekend and it's really kicking my butt. I cant barely sleep but I am so tired.
    Otherwise, the aches and pains are starting, its been hard to get down on the floor with DD. 
    @breweber2010 I think that DD wants me to hold her, pick her up, and get down on the floor even more now that she see's that I can't do it as much. I try to explain that I will still giver her hugs and kisses and play, but that I can't do some things as much right now. 

Raves/Rants? Just this darn cold!

I dont think I am dressing up as anything. DD is a princess fairy. We go trick or treating on this one street in our town that goes all out for Halloween and is a ton a fun. It is supposed to rain this year though, so not sure how that will turn out. We usually leave a bucket of mixed candy for trick or treaters, which probably means that one person takes the whole thing. 
  • @valerie4786 I want to do pictures too, but I'm just an awkward human being in front of a camera :tongue:

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I've been switch to 2 weeks now. Definitely ask.

EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 1st / 30+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini and wrighs the same as a movie theatre soda?

Upcoming appointments: nov 6th at the OB

How are you feeling? 
    Still mostly comfortable, some back pain on and off. I have an infected ingrown toenail, so I am on antibiotics this week. Developped my first hemorrhoid (aww cute! right?)

Raves/Rants? I got 3d ultrasound and baby didn't want to cooperate. The tech spent 10 extra minutes with us so that we could leave with SOMETHING. It was definitely worth it for me. Seeing him yawn melted my heart.

Jolly ranchers, Reese's , Twix, Mars, oh Henry, etc. I'm going as either winnie the pooh or the kool aid man. Gonna watch either halloween town or hocus pocus.
  • @jaceru We're also waiting to do family pictures until after the baby is born.  The timing is kind of perfect then because I'll be able to send out a joint holiday/birth announcement card!  My son is having grandma pictures taken at thanksgiving, which is when we usually get a family picture, but I hate to get one done just to replace it a few months later.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @valerie4786 congratulations on passing the glucose test!
    @breweber2010 I like the idea of the joint holiday/ birth announcement. I have my photo's scheduled for the end of Nov and then newborn shoot for a week after baby comes :)
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 29 +2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple

Upcoming appointments: sometime this month, just routine

How are you feeling? I've been getting random stretching pain. 

Raves/Rants?  DD is sleeping some of the time in her own bed...much better than none. 

Nothing, our neighborhood is rather economically depressed so we do not get trick or treaters.

We are dressing up as the family from Kiki's Delivery Service and going trick or treating in a historic part of town. My DD is also going to trick or treat at a retirement community during the day. 

@breweber2010 The trick or treating thing at the zoo sounds like a lot of fun!  Our city does it, but we have never gone because it is way too crowded. 

• @leprechaunlady I hope you find out what is wrong with DD. I totally understand just wanting some alone time to get a little rest as well! This to shall pass, hopefully soon!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I am going every 2 week now too, I think it is too soon for that. My last doctor didn't start doing that until 36 weeks, so starting at 30 weeks seems early. 

What a good idea about doing holiday/birth announcement at the same time. I wish the timing was better for us to do that but I think end of January is a little late for holiday cards. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 29 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Fanny Pack

Upcoming appointments: None. I ended up in the hospital on Friday because might have been leaking amniotic fluid, turns out I am not. Followed up with my DR on Monday and I don't have to go in next week. He has me coming every 2 weeks now. Also took my Glucose test Monday so I hope I passed that.

How are you feeling? Tired and fat. So normal pregnant.

Raves/Rants? I have been putting in extra hours at work. Last week I was the only one in town, this week the other employee has something going on and called out today and might call out tomorrow. I have to learn to say no more often. I am also annoyed that my husband is working late tomorrow and I was hoping to be the one to hand out candy while he walked around with DD. Looks like my friend, who is bring her kids over to trick or treat in our neighborhood will be handing out my candy for me and I will be walking around. 

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions? We are giving out all kinds of candy. Last year we had so many kids that I had to "borrow" candy from my child to have enough. This year I bought almost 500 pieces and it is suppose to rain. I hope that we will have a hour or two to go out/hand out candy.
  • @leprechaunlady Sorry DD has been under the weather. I hope she feels better soon!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k My OB practice has me coming every 2 weeks now. I think that’s the duration I almost always hear starting at 28 weeks (until you start going weekly, of course...was that at 36 weeks?)

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/15; 29 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming appointments: Nov. 7

How are you feeling? In need of a massage! Stairs are getting difficult, too. 3rd trimester exhaustion has set in big time. 

Raves/Rants? There simply is not enough time in the day for me to be productive at work and feel like a good mom, and the homestretch of pregnancy isn’t helping. I had every intention of setting aside time to make DD’s cat costume special, and I’m down to basically tomorrow afternoon to throw everything together. Feeling like a failure currently. 

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions? I picked up several bags of mini chocolate bars, etc. since our neighborhood is packed with kiddos. I may wear cat or bunny ears but will mostly be focused on staying warm given the snow in the forecast. Our neighbors do a Halloween party every year the weekend before Halloween, and this year I dressed as Elliot in the bike scene from E.T. with my belly as E.T.  It was a hit!
  • @leprechaunlady that’s so funny! My DH and I met 10 yrs ago Halloween week too!  He was a baseball fury from the Warriors and I was a devil in a blue dress. He had all this make up on his face and was wearing a wig; what he actually looked like was fuzzy until we met up again a few weeks later! Lucky me he turned out to be a cutie!

EDD : Jan 1, 31 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Waiting to find out 

babe is the size of Asparagus 

upcoming appointments: just had one yesterday, also on the 2 week schedule now; somehow we’re off a week tho. Everything is looking good tho! 

How are you feeling? Insomnia has me feeling tired early in the day, and feeling some backaches.. but not too bad.. I gotta keep my meals in check, otherwise I eat too quickly and I’m stuffed and uncomfortable for hours!

Rants/Raves: i know i've been off the boards lately but I've been trying to keep up and stay current on the convo. I was out of town a few weekends but no real reason otherwise.  FTM jitters starting to hit with all the things we need to get and organize. there's so much good feedback on these boards so I just want everyone to know that even if I'm silient, its been so helpful to me! 

GTKY: what are you giving out for Halloween this year? Are you dressing up? Any other traditions? My MIL usually puts up a huge display so we go there and hand out treats, but Chicago decided to dress up as Winter this year so she wasnt up for it so we just stayed in and watched scary movies.  
  • @mama_stef happy first meeting anniversary! My sister met her husband at a halloween party the night before I met mine too!