May 2020 Moms

Weekend Plans and Randoms

What’s everyone doing for the weekend??

Re: Weekend Plans and Randoms

• We’ve got a Trunk or Treat in the neighborhood tonight so we are all going to that I think. And I want to get out of the house so I think we are doing groceries, Target and Hobby Lobby. Maybe somewhere else. Ha. But I want to paint pumpkins this afternoon with the boys. I’m doing Mickey and Minnie Mouse pumpkins. And we put tortilla soup on to have later with tacos or quesadillas. Or maybe taco quesadillas. Mmm. 
  • We saw Jesus Christ Superstar last night with my brother and his fiancee. It was never one of my favorites until last year, when I conducted it at school and now I know the entire show inside and out and I can’t get enough of it. It was a great production. We also told my brother/fiancée about this baby, which was fun.

Right now I’m on lunch break at marching band rehearsal. My mom kept DD overnight so we could see the show last night and then come to band this morning, so we’re going to tell her when we go to pick up DD this afternoon. Tomorrow is my dad’s birthday and I think we’re going apple picking with him and his wife and probably telling them as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mdfarmchick mm tortilla soup sounds great. Since we moved into our new house, we haven’t been doing much cooking. But think we might break out the Instant Pot this weekend...cooking a stew or soup feels so fall. 

@soprano19 exciting for this to be the weekend when you are telling lots of folks. Enjoy!

Had a friend over from out of town this morning. Our new house is a disaster of boxes and stuff everywhere and I felt kind of embarrassed about that. Unpacking when you have a toddler and full time jobs and a pregnant person who is exhausted every weekend (and tons of dishes to do since something is wrong with the dishwasher and it smells like something died in it) is tough. Friend’s Halloween party this afternoon. Possibly seeing some friends in the neighborhood tomorrow. Feels like we should just say in and try to get things in order, but it’s hard not to go out and do something... Also, we need to rake leaves! Houses!
  • We had a 4 year old birthday party this morning and now DS is napping and I’m trying to get the house clean, but really just watching Grey’s Anatomy. My parents have been in Italy for the past 2.5 weeks and we are picking them up from the airport tonight and plan to tell them the news! It’s supposed to start snowing tonight and snow all day tomorrow, so we will probably be cooped up inside. 
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited October 2019
    @adventuresawait2
    I’m with you on the household duties. DH and I did yard work this morning. I forgot that I was pregnant and followed his lead, started doing work before eating breakfast. Regrets. I was just in charge of sweeping leaves but it was so exhausting. I still have to fix some furniture and do laundry. 

No other exciting weekend plans beside getting some work work done. Oh, and binge watching on Netflix 💁🏾‍♀️

Side note: I’m jealous you all have cooler weather. LA is going through a heat wave, it’s been between 90-100 for the past several days. I though that I was going to avoid being hot and pregnant 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • We're stuck in the house, trying to avoid wildfire smoke. Power will go off in a few hours and we have a bag packed in case we need to evacuate in the middle of the night. I feel so awful for those already under mandatory evacuation orders north of us. Happy 7th anniversary to us! 🙄
  • @ruby696 Ugh, I feel so bad for everyone out there dealing with this. I hope you don't have to evacuate. And hopefully you can enjoy your anniversary at least a little bit. 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @ruby696 we’re supposed to lose power later today too. I hope you don’t have to evacuate!
  • We did a trick or treating event at Target today. Then I did stuff around the house. Tomorrow H has off of work and it will be the last nice weekend so we are going to a pumpkin patch!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @soprano19 I hope your power isn't out too long! FX this epic windstorm isn't as bad as they're predicting. 
  • @drkoyya aw leaf raking solidarity! Definitely hear you on regretting not eating breakfast. I don’t do anything without a meal or snack these days! Otherwise I feel so ill. 

@ruby696 hope you don’t have to evacuate, but glad you are prepared! @soprano19 hope you don’t lose power!
  • We took DD to Baby Shark Live this afternoon.  She enjoyed some of it and threw a fit through some of it (didn't get a nap today...). But overall I think it was a success.  Hoping we can take it easy tomorrow.
  • @ruby696 @soprano19 thinking of you guys this weekend. I hope this is over quickly. 😐
  • Welp, we lost power at 9:15 last night. The advisory is currently supposed to last through Monday at noon and then they will start restoring power. H is going to try to set up our generator this afternoon so we can at least run our fridge and maybe a couple of small appliances.
  • @austenista good luck! I hope you get the house!