May 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight: Car Seats

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Car Seats

• DD rides in a Britax marathon in my car and a Chicco nextfit in H’s car. DS uses an evenfli symphony on H’s car, and a Diono Radian in my car. We have a Graco for the infant seat that we will likely use again, but it expires in January. Rather than get a new vehicle, at this time, it makes more financial sense for us to purchase a few more Radians, as their narrow profile allows them to fit 3 across. I wish I could find a comparable air in something a little less expensive, but I think that’s where we will end up. 

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @shamrocandroll I have the Graco 4Ever too. It's great, really my only issue with it is that the straps (for the harness and for the latch) are really difficult for me to tighten. My Chicco Keyfit was so much smoother and easier, so I was thinking maybe the Chicco convertible would be easier to tighten.

@michaelad3 I think I saw somewhere that Diono is having some sort of really great Black Friday deal.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • @m6agua our Graco 4ever straps get difficult to tighten every once in awhile. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling helps, when it gets to the point where you can barely pull on them. 
  • Does anyone have any thoughts on the Clek Liing infant car seat? 
  • @jess09lynn my SIl has the Clek convertible seat - not the infant one. She LOVES it! The only downside is that the convertible one takes up a ton of space when it’s rear facing she pretty much had the passenger seat moved all the way up - not sure if it’s the same for the infant one but if you have a smaller car. One positive I know is that it’s  super super easy to install - we move it from her car to mine pretty frequently and it’s way quicker/easier than our gracco convertible 
  • @chewie5990 that's a good point about size. I have a smaller car. I'll have to find a place that sells it and check it out. I looked up reviews and one thing that said is that it's very easy to install and it's easy to move so you can get the right angle. I also like that they have a version made out of Marino wool so it would be better for temperature control. 
  • For an infant seat I have the uppababy Mesa. Great seat. 

For the convertible seat kid 1 had britax Boulevard clicktight. Also great. 

Both seats are super easy to install correctly by myself. 

Kid 2 needs to move into a convertible so now I’m looking at the clek fllo because it’s narrow and we might need to cram three car seats in the back of my sedan when baby 3 comes. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the keyfit. My sister had a britax for her two kids and then borrowed our keyfit and decided to borrow it permanently / keep it because it’s narrower and lighter, and seems to fit the kiddo better.