May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 10/21

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: PGAL Check-In 10/21

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10+4/May 14th/TTM and FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 MMC's, 3 CP's.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Feeling pretty good. I can get one baby's HB on the doppler, which is SO reassuring. I wish I could get both, but that will come. Going off progesterone was nerve wracking, but HB sounds good, so I'm starting to slowlyyyyyy relax.

4. Any appointment updates? Nothing for four weeks. Last Thursday's appt. was great.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My multiples book finally came, which was highly recommended for me. It was a bit of a reality check. I need to consume like 3000k calories a day. 😳

6. Any milestones coming up?  Nope, passed them all!
  • Options
    @ruby696 sorry stopping the progesterone was nerve wracking. My RE has me taking mine until 12 weeks, I wonder what makes them decide 10 vs 12 weeks. And that's super exciting that you can hear the heartbeat on the doppler!

10+4, 5/15, 1DS

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    MC 12/25/16, CP 07/13/18

Physically much better. Most of my symptoms are letting up, however on the flip side, that's making my emotions a little wonky. Symptoms=baby. I realize symptoms go away at some point, but I'm still a little anxious right now.

Wednesday OB appointment.

Rant: My "work wife" (as my H calls her) was out all last week and this week too helping her mom after surgery and I miss her! I get along with my other coworkers just fine, but I miss my girl!

Rave: DS said a new word! I'm so stinking proud of him. All weekend he walked around saying why, but all long and drawn out like "whyyyyyyyyyyyyy" lol. 

Just passed. I've officially made it farther than my 1st loss. It's helping ease some of the crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splashmountain Congrats on passing your milestone! Re: progesterone, I've read the placenta starts producing it between 8-10 weeks. So I imagine taking it until 12 weeks is for peace of mind and "just in case." I've read that many doctors have you go until 12 weeks. My RE is not really a peace of mind doctor, so I assume she just felt 10 weeks was sufficient. I probably would have preferred 12, emotionally. But it is nice not to be using suppositories now.
  • Options
    11 weeks, due May 11, FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    04/2017 CP, 07/2019 BO

I slept last night, so today is a good day.  Snowboard season starting up this month and not being part of it is an emotional blow however and I'm struggling to figure out what to do with myself.

First official OB appointment with full workup tomorrow.  I am a little nervous because two different women very close to me found out they were experiencing a loss at their 11 week appointments.  I know I am not them, but the fact that loss is still possible as I get further along in pregnancy is still in the back of my head.

I'm pretty sure lack of sleep can actually kill a person. 

I have one dose left of progesterone to take today, then one last dose Wednesday evening, then I am done! 

• Options

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 11/May11/ 2DS’s

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 CP, 1 MMC

I’ve had a pretty crap weekend. I had a hard time keeping food down, sleeping, and I’ve had a migraine that nothing could kill. Made me worry about inside baby because I was having to take rescue meds to try to feel better. I kind of want to go get checked out but I have an appointment on 10/30 and I’m wondering if I should just relax and wait until then. Wwyd? OB is an hour away. I know it’s just a migraine but I usually don’t get them when I’m pregnant like I do when I’m not. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next appt 10/30

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - house hunting is really difficult this to around. Harder than it’s ever been for us. We just want to get out of my IL’s house and there seems to be a thousand impediments to success. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I’m just hoping come 2nd tri will be able to relax some. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista   migraines suck, there's no way around it.  I've never found anything in my life that actually makes them go away and makes me feel better and the doctors always just say yup, sounds like a typical migraine.  If you are concerned I'd call your doctor's office or nurse line or whatever they've given you and speak to someone prior to your appointment and see whether or not they want you to come in early.

Also I tend to think that if I can survive migraines I can survive childbirth.  I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I tend to think if I can survive that pain I can survive any pain.  Nothing in my life has come close.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I compare every pain to migraine in my head and ask myself “would you rather do this or have a migraine?” I never got past heavy contractions to pushing, but 10/10 would rather be in labor or have a kidney stone that an awful migraine. At least with labor it’s productive and off and on while migraine is just heavy suffering for no reason. My mental health just deteriorates the longer they last. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for that @Austenista   I did have a kidney infection once, which was horrible, and as I lay at the doctor's office hooked to an IV in pain, I still think it was preferable to a migraine as well.  I think you are right about the head game.  With labor/delivery, there will be a baby at the end and the pain should subside.  Migraines are pointless and seem to have no end in sight and definitely no reward when they are over!  I hope you are doing better today at least and past the worst of it.
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll FX your scan on Friday is perfect. My poor husband hasn't been able to go to a single US. I told him his presence is required at the AS! Have you thought about (or do you have) a doppler? They really help with peace of mind.
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll When setting up the appointment I asked my doctor if they would be doing a scan, mostly because I needed to know what to tell the girl at the front desk who handles the scheduling, and he said sure, but had I not asked, I don't think there would have been a scan set for this appointment.  I was really just inquiring, not insisting, but I'll take it!
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10w1d/ May 17th/ Twice

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 MC

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Absolutely exhausted, and still so much morning sickness. Also kind of nervous, apparently at my 8 week scan they found a SCH that they didn't tell me about till it posted to my online chart on Friday. After 2 previous losses, it makes me really nervous. 

4. Any appointment updates? I had my blood drawn this morning for my NIPT, so I should hear back in 7-10 days. Then I have my next appointment at 12 weeks, after which, if everything is good, we will officially announce. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Apparently other teachers have been going behind my back to each other talking about how they think I'm pregnant. Just mind your own business. 
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 I'm in the same boat with a small SCH after 2 losses.  If it helps any, my OB told me they often don't say anything about it because more recent studies are showing no increase in risk of MC for a small SCH.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    I also had a small SCH.  They measured it.  The doctors were not concerned so I tried not to be concerned.  At the next ultrasound (2 weeks later), it was no bigger.  I think that they are pretty common and don't necessarily mean anything bad, just something to keep an eye on.
  • Options
    **TW for someone else's possible loss.  Ugh, you guys.  My coworker, who is the absolute best and I adore him, told me his wife is expecting in mid-late May.  He is one of the few who knows about my loss history, and he told me before he knew I was also expecting in May (which he now knows even though not many IRL people do).  He and his wife are super young (like 26, I think) and got pregnant right away, so they were considered low risk and she didn't have her first OB appointment until today.  He was out from 9-11:30 or so, and then came back to work, and so I assumed everything was all good and cheerfully walked up to him and asked him how it went.  They weren't supposed to have an ultrasound today, but apparently they checked with the portable in the OB office and didn't see what they were expecting at this stage (9-10 weeks).  So they're going back for a formal ultrasound this afternoon.  F*ck.  They're just so sweet and I really hope it was a false alarm and she just had her dating wrong or they couldn't get a good look with the portable.  I told him to give his wife my number in case she needs someone to talk to.  My heart hurts for them.  :heartbreak:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll This makes my heart hurt. I'll never forget just being completely blindsided when my first loss happened. How terrible. I hope this afternoon's US goes better. ❤❤
  • Options
    @ruby696 It's giving me a little bit of PTSD because it's right about when I found out about my MMC as well.  He told me it's good news if I see him back this afternoon and bad news if I don't.  I hope so hard that I see him.  He's such a sweet guy and his wife is so nice.  I hope it was a false alarm.  I was also really excited to have a friend nearby with a kid close in age to mine!  :'(
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    I hope they get a solid answer either way today and don't have to be in that horrible state of limbo waiting for a repeat ultrasound in another week to see how things have progressed, or not.
  • Options
    Bad news.  They lost it.  I'm so heartbroken for them.  :heartbreak:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    I am so sorry for your coworker and his wife. It is always devastating.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9w1d//may 25/1 DD

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 MMC~9 weeks 2015, CP DEC 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Nauseated, tired, somewhat anxious, this was the week of my previous losses, but I am going to wait until next week for my NIPT and another U/S.

4. Any appointment updates? Another scan (3rd) at 10w next week and blood draw for NIPT. Nuchal Scan on week 12

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Even though this is my most feared week, I feel surprisingly good about it. The symptoms are kicking my ass, and it is most welcomed! FX it all continues well and we have good news next week and then good NIPT results. Also still debating internally whether I want to know the sex for the NIPT...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I am sorry for your coworker and his wife.  :'(  I'm glad you had a good vacation!

@ruby696 I'm glad you can get one HB on the doppler, it must be so reassuring. That is a lot of calories! I am assuming they recommend upping fat and protein to reach it?

@splashmountain I feel the same about the symptoms going away.

@pirateduck We have been selling all of our snowboard stuff. It has been since before DD, so 2014, that we have gone. I'm hoping when the kiddos get older we will get back into it.

@Austenista I hope you have better luck on the house hunting!

@heatherlynn321 I'm sorry about people whispering behind your back. I hope your SCH is no big deal and goes away! Most stories with SCH are good and they typically go away on their own. Unfortunately I have a friend who had a not so good SCH story, but she was in the minority!

I'm glad so many of us are passing or past our milestones! I know it still doesn't completely ease the anxiety though.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10+5 / 1 DD

2. Previous loss(es)? BO/MMC in 2015

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling pretty good physically. Just tired lately. Mentally I am feeling down and blah. I don't know if its because I've had so many days of being a single parent (DH work shifts) and my only interactions being with DD lately, or the weather being crummy, or maybe my thyroid issues coming back up. Or even a combination of all of it.

4. Any appointment updates? My next appointment is in a week on October 29. I have repeat thyroid labs next week too, but I'm thinking about asking to get them this week.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing here today.

6. Any milestones coming up? I am technically past it since I don't have a BO this time around. But I am coming up on the actual calendar dates of when I found out and when I miscarried in the next 2 weeks.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I'm sorry you're not feeling your best emotionally. Hoping you see more of YH soon. Also, protein, dairy, and complex carbs are my new best friends. And healthy fats.

@shamrocandroll I am so sorry for your coworker and his wife. That's just heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I especially hate that I'm going to probably be a trigger for him for the rest of my pregnancy now and there's nothing I can really do about that because we work closely together. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Also decided to try the centering pregnancy appointments.  My doctor said I could go either way.  So I’m gonna give it a shot and if I don’t like it I can switch to traditional appointments at any time.
  • Options
    Okay. Sorry. Catching up. It’s been a week. How is it only Tuesday?!

@ruby696 I saw you mention your water intake too... do you drink water at night? I actually drink 40-60 oz overnight plus what I drink during the day. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m already up to pee all the time anyway. 

@splashmountain my oldest sister is trying so hard to teach both of my kids to use “why” all the time. She’d be super impressed with your DS. 😂

@pirateduck I am so glad you got some sleep. I know you said you’ve been having some trouble. Lack of sleep is absolutely the worst. And it’s so scary what it does to your brain. I hope you sleep tonight too!

@austenista I seriously think you are amazing for living with your ILs. I hope you find something soon—I cannot live with mine. Not even to save money. 😝

@shamrocandroll I feel your pain. Cheese is suddenly on the aversion list and I miss pizza. So much. 😭 Yay for the Harmony and another scan. And I’m thinking of your coworker and his wife. ♥️

@heatherlynn321 I am still so mad for you about your coworkers. Why are people so childish?? I know it’s hard not to worry, but most times a SCH resolves without a problem. I had one with my first. Everything turned out okay.

@queenklau It is wonderful that you feel good this week. I hope everything goes well next week—and my completely unrelated opinion? You should find out. 🤣

@m6agua I’m sorry for the blahs. And for the milestones still coming up. They count too. Big hugs. Your appointment is the day after mine so I’ll look forward to hearing about it. 

10+3 / 16 May / 2 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    MC / 2 CP

I’m okay. I have caught a weather changing cold, which is just insulting since today the temperatures went back up into the 80’s. 😝 I’m tired. The littlest one seems to have one night of decent sleep and then three nights of “wth is going on”? The nausea is under control but I’m still getting sick every couple of days. The progesterone side effects seem to have calmed down so I am in an internal debate of whether I should go get labs drawn to check my levels or that my body is getting used to it. 

Next week, 28 October

After a tense few days, things were smoothed over with my sister and my parents and our Disney trip in two weeks is back on track. We had small group tonight but I decided to skip and send MH and the boys without me thanks to this cold. My rant—MH made pulled pork BBQ and the whole house absolutely reeks of it. Pregnancy nose sucks. 

Question: Just if anyone else had less side effects from the progesterone the longer they took it? Should I get my levels checked?

No. 
  • Options
    My RE checked my progesterone levels before starting, then at 6 weeks then at 8 weeks.  If you haven’t had them checked since starting it would be good to know that your dosage is working adequately and does not need adjustment
  • Options
    @pirateduck I had them checked 1-2 times a week until last week. It’ll be 10 days from my last check to my next appointment. She said if I wanted to come in and have them checked I could but as long as I continued taking the pills the same ((morning vaginally, evening orally)) it should stay the same. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick it was kind of a worst case scenario/making the best of things decision. My husband took a job out of state and we'd been living there for years. Over the summer, he was laid off and we made the decision for him to job-search back in our home state. That necessitated a move and without a job there's no possibility of finding a home. That's how we ended up in IL-hades. Well, fast forward to now, he found the job and we've obviously got this third baby on the way. We need to find a house like yesterday. Unfortunately, it's just taking time to find something in our price range that is realistic for his commute. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I wouldn’t worry since you’ve had it checked recently.  Our bodies are constantly changing and adapting in pregnancy!

@Austenista you gotta do what you gotta do.  Consider it extra motivation to get your own house soon.  We were in a crappy living situation for 6 months while house hunting too.  Living out of the car and a storage unit because we were under contract to buy a house and then the deal fell through and had to find something else.  It was a disaster.  People would say annoying things to try and put a positive spin on it “think of the stories you will have to tell your children some day!  Haha!”  No, there is nothing glamorous Or funny about being homeless and having to show up at work each morning with a fake smile pretending life is normal.  BUT you get through it.  Your sacrifices now will help you save money and drastically improve your living situation in the foreseeable future.  Hang in there.
  • Options
    Hey ladies, do we think maybe we should start a new “Bump in the Night” thread?? I don’t want whatsbumpingpumpkin to get keep getting notifications? Thoughts?

@pirateduck thanks. You are right. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick Good catch, I think that's a great idea.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick Great idea.  It definitely sucked to continue getting notifications from a BMB I was no longer a part of.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @mdfarmchick I haven't been posting to Bump in the Night even though I never sleep because in my attempts to sleep I keep all electronics off.  Apparently my insomnia and crazy dreams have reached a new level as last night my husband said one of the last things we "talked" about was that I started taking a blanket or pillow from him and he asked what I was doing and I very coherently explained to him that I was just checking to make sure there wasn't any food under there... So yeah...  I'm doing things in my weird "sleep" stages now.  When he mentioned it this morning I have vague recollections.  I was totally convinced that there was a bag of potato chips in the bed between us or something and I wanted to get rid of it before going to sleep for the night so I wouldn't crunch them all into the bed.  In reality this was not at all the case as we don't even eat in the bedroom ever really, nor do we have any kinds of chips in the house.  I guess I'd already been sleeping and dreaming and was totally confused.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I was actually just thinking the same thing the other day about that thread!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I’ll put a new one up. Hopefully people will stop posting in that one. Or should I say something in the new one? I mean when I had my loss, I lurked their board until everyone had babies so I don’t want to hurt her feelings at all. 
  • Options
    We had quite the bumpy road last night...yesterday we got an elective ultrasound because we’re going to visit family today and I wanted to be sure everything looked kosher before getting on the plane. Everything looks great so far and we got a couple pics to show DD. She was so happy when we showed her and told her that he looked healthy so far. A couple hours later, she bursts into tears and all DH and I could get from her is that she hates the new baby because he is not her “real brother” and that she misses the baby who passed away. She was inconsolable all night and finally fell asleep around 3 am. Any one else have any kind of experience with this? We already looped in her school guidance counselor but this is over my head. 
  • Options
    @ieles2531 Oh wow.  That is heavy stuff.  Remind me how old she is?  I definitely think that's something in need of some child psychology expertise.  I'm sorry!  :(
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19