January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/21-10/27

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/21-10/27

• Options
    I have no motivation to be at work anymore and am ready for maternity leave. Or maybe I just am so consumed with thinking about the impending birth of these girls and everything I'm forgetting or not doing and work seems so much less important? Although maybe work is a good distraction to get my mind off of the worrying. wow- what a cycle 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady SAME! I needed Dh to help me out my socks on the other day 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    My bump appears to be shrinking, or I'm losing weight. Or, it's just dropping a little due to gravity. Whatever the case, while it's THERE, it's still not obvious. I'm getting a small kick out of the people eyeballing it wondering if I'm knocked up or fat.
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush Do you not weigh yourself between appointments either? I don’t because I’m weird and have an unhealthy relationship with scales, so I just find out my weight at appointments. 

My boss still hasn’t figured out or announced who is going to be covering me while I’m on maternity leave, and I feel like an idiot when clients ask me who’s going to be attending meetings/reviewing stuff while I’m out and I still have to say I’m waiting to hear for sure. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13, No, I don't. But I'm plus sized to begin with. I lost over 40lbs in 2018 and had kept it off. For whatever reason, I'm carrying this guy HIGH, so it took forever to show...about 24w...and now my bump is lower, but still not sticking out much.
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited October 2019
    @FyreFlyeRush yea, I've got the same issue. I really haven't gained any weight my whole pregnancy, though my stomach sticks out more. Except it's the classic plus sized pregnant "B belly" where I have a round top and round bottom and a crease in the middle rather than a perfectly round beach ball and I too get a little kick out of the side eyes "is she pregnant or getting fatter?" But, sometimes I wish I looked obviously pregnant because I want the special pregnant lady treatment lol

Edit: autocorrect
  • Options
    @peppyj9, yes! That's it exactly! Perfect way to describe it!!  I also have this jiggly bit at the bottom I call leftover DS1 because I had the perfect beach ball belly and things never went back to normal afterwards (I was 35 and ALL belly), so it looks like I could be about 5-6mos preggo...or have a beer belly stomach that's bigger than my already big chest. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I have a proper beach ball belly but also the leftover from dd pouch that hangs underneath which I hate so much!

@EmilyE13 my project sponsor & contractors keep asking me the same thing & i dont have an answer for them either! Im going to be off until sep/oct next year & even then I dont even know if im going to be going back to the same job as im only on secondment!
  • Options
    It's currently 0621. My boss and I work 0600-1500. She's no where to be found. I'm also at home, with my feet up, hydrating while teleworking ahead of my 0930 appt. Keeps the swelling down. Is that cheating?
  • Options
    @EmilyE13
    my supervisor also has no clue who is going to be covering me while I am out. I am a psychiatrist and I have to keep telling the therapists and my patients that I do not yet know the plan for my leave, so it makes me feel like an idiot. I think they are looking for locums temp coverage but there have not been any good applicants yet. 
  • Options
    @jaceru that's crazy they don't have you covered yet. Are you the only provider in the clinic?
  • Options
    @biolprof I work for a company with mutiple locations. I am the only physician at my location but there are other providers at the other locations in the area. For my outpatients, they could be covered by the other psychiatrists but they would have to travel to them. I also see patients in a PHP (partial hospitalization program) which still needs coverage. The medical director usually covers for vacation, but a my leave would be too long for him to cover the whole time.
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush definitely not cheating.

Today is going to be a long-ass day. work and then first birthing class from 7-9. I cooked dinner for tonight last night so luckily we can just crash when we get home. And then tomorrow is our daycare visit.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    I signed up for a breastfeeding class a while ago.... I also forgot about said class and apparently missed it by 3 days. Good thing it was free, but I still feel bad that I was a no-show... Woopsies!
  • Options
    @stashattack I love playing with all the new baby stuff when it comes in. I made Dh set up the new stroller right when it came in too haha.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 DH was like, you really wanna do this now!?!? He had a long day at work. He finally was able to give his presentation that he’s been working on since August to his lab so he was so done for the day 🤣 while I was still running off of my caffeine induced high. So I was totally down for some building. 

The only thing I didn’t touch was the pack n play that came too. It’s heavier and I didn’t want to have to break it back down last night after setting it up. That’s gonna be the weekend project. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    I've put delivery of all the stuff ive ordered like the pram etc to be mid november but seeing yours set up @stashattack is making me want it now! but i absolutely dont have room to have it set up before i need it so have to wait :(
  • Options
    I actually picked everything out and priced it! I'm not going to buy until the third tri, but I was proud of myself for actually preparing for Baby! I've been really delaying it.

At the BX with my mom and SO...
    Me: No, I don't think I need to pick anything up yet
    SO: *sigh* At some point, FFR, you've got to buy SOMETHING
    My mom (bewildered): When do you expect to get stuff for the baby?!?!?
    Me: 36w? 
    My mom: WHAT?! NO!
    Me: 28? 
  • Options
    I'm ready for this week to be over. It's been insanely busy at work, DH has been sick, and DD has been randomly waking up hungry, which isn't normal. Adding in that we have had a bunch of people in for cleaning carpets, servicing the furnace, I'm hosting book club tonight, etc and I'm exhausted. Looking forward to a nap Saturday!
  • Options
    @persnickity almost there!!!
  • Options

Blah... 
  • Options
    Dd woke up with a temp of 38.9 this morning. I dosed her up & sent her to nursery with the promise of collecting her at lunchtime as I had reports due to be issued to a project sponsor today that were already a week late & couldnt miss another deadline. she has a respiratory infection of some kind & I feel so sorry for her! Luckily were now off til monday so hopefully it will pass quickly!
  • Options
    We looked up ff it was a full moon because things have been so crazy at work. It's not.
    But I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • Options
    @jaceru I love that there’s actually a correlation to the full moon and how busy you get at the hospital. I find the full moon definitely effects me. 

@leprechaunlady hope DD recovers quickly over the weekend ! 
  • Options
    @jaceru @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we find more issues when Mercury is in retrograde than anything else.