Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 10/21

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 10/21

• EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd / 9+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tot

Upcoming appointments: possible US tomorrow... if not, first OB appt on Halloween

How are you feeling? Still pretty sick and just so incredibly exhausted

Raves/Rants: yesterday, DH, I, and DD all took a 2+ hour nap. Very necessary since DH is sick, I’m exhausted, and DD was a piece of work!

Questions:  how many people have used their doppler already with success?

I love crime podcasts and I recently listened to To Live and Die in LA. I enjoyed it!
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24/ 9+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherries :)

Upcoming appointments: U/S and first OB (not RE!) appt on Halloween! Very grateful it's first thing in the morning, I know I can't function with afternoon appointments. Too stressful.

How are you feeling? Pretty okay. Still nauseous. Working hard on controlling it today because...

Raves/Rants: ... We're on our way to Hawaii! I did well on the first flight, a little queasy but eating lots of small snacks and drinking water and it seems to be working. I'm really excited to have a relaxing week with DH.

Questions: What exactly does a non-stress test entail? I've read up some but they're all a little vague - hooked up to monitors for x amount of time, watches baby, but... Do they do anything else? Are they trying to cause stress and see response, or is it strictly watching? I just like knowing what I'm going into.

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I've just been binging Big Mouth. It's so awkward but so true 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited October 2019
    Haven't been around for a bit...

EDD/weeks+days: 9w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out. Hopefully with NIPT but I need to find out cost

Baby is the size of a(n): inch

Upcoming appointments: two weeks, I think?

How are you feeling? Meh. Feeling a little better, especially in the mornings, but still getting nauseous and retching. Threw up bile this morning which is always fun. 

Raves/Rants: I hope I can get excited about this pregnancy soon. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I'm watching Jane the Virgin these days. It's fine. Evergreen shows: The Wire, The West Wing, Parks & Rec, The Office. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mokay19 I know it's not this pregnancy but at 9-weeks with DD they couldn't get the HB (they said it's because I have a tilted uterus). This time I had an US at 9-weeks. My next appt I'll be 13 so I'm hoping we'll be able to get the HB on a doppler to reassure me.

@louessbee Enjoy Hawaii! I had a non-stress test with DD when I was 41+5. They hooked me up to something that measured her HB. I just layed there. They had me switch sides and drink ice water and one point cause she was snoozing and they wanted an awake reading. Not sure how it goes when they're smaller.

@catem07 Hope you feel better soon!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 10+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: 11/11 

How are you feeling? I am slowly getting a bit more energy (my coworker who knows even said I seem more energetic today). I still sleep 10+ hours a night. Nausea needs snacks to be kept at bay still but it is a little better. Food aversions are strong still.

Raves/Rants: DH made eggs yesterday and filled the house with a terrible nauseating smell. In his defense we didn't know eggs set my nausea off. Bleh!

Questions: None.

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I'll I'm doing is rewatching old stuff because I can't make it through an episode of anything without falling asleep!!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9W5D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: I had my first appointment today! And next is scheduled for 11/8!

How are you feeling? I’m feeling great! Still exhausted but no other symptom

Raves/Rants: we have open house today so I’ll be at work until 9pm which just stinks. 

Shows: just finished the righteous gemstones (HBO) and it’s hilarious! 
    Podcast: My Favorite Murder, Last Podcast on the Left, and Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend are my favorite right now!
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 18/10 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry or guitar pick (or as DD calls it, a pickle)

Upcoming appointments: NT scan on November 7

How are you feeling? Not bad today, but I have a crazy week ahead and I always feel gross the morning after a late night or busy previous day

Raves/Rants: At our marching band competition on Saturday, a bunch of my leadership kids decided to leave the school we were at (after our performance) and walk at least a mile off campus to get boba. They didn't ask my permission or any other adult, and they were gone for an hour and a half. I read them all the riot act when we got back to our school later that evening, and since then I've been getting apology letters and emails from all of them. I'm happy with how I handled the situation, but the fact that it happened at all is still getting my blood boiling.

Questions: None

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I'm currently binge watching The Office for like the 29752th time, so I'm not the right person to ask.
  • edited October 2019
    I think I forgot to post last week...

EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd / 9+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry / soda can tab

Upcoming appointments: First OB appointment 10/28. Had my ultrasound on 10/11 and it was amazing, definitely gave me some much needed reassurance

How are you feeling?: Nausea seems to be getting better, but still having a lot of food aversions and exhaustion. 

Raves/Rants: I feel so out of breath when walking. Every time I walk my dog (1.5-2 miles) I feel like I've run the same distance. Is this normal? Also noticed this week I've been getting hiccups a lot

Questions: Has anyone been good with working out? If so, how do you find the motivation with all the exhaustion? At time point I'm hoping my energy will pick up in a couple weeks so I'm able to do anything

If you like history there's a really good podcast called the History Chicks where they talk exclusively about women in history - highly recommend! 
  • edited October 2019
    ETA: totally posted this in the wrong group - sorry, all!

EDD/weeks+days: May 12th, 11 weeks + 0

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: next Monday for NT scan and hopefully cell-free fetal DNA

How are you feeling? Still some food aversions, new boob pains, still exhausted in the evenings. Swear I am feeling the baby move, but I may be delusional. (As a STM, feel like I kind of know what it feels like..but also really may just be too early...) 

Raves/Rants: still nervous about telling my employer. Lots going on right now that is changing roles, so it’s not a good time. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I enjoy the Sporkful, Planet Money, and back episodes of The Longest Shortest Time 
  • @chewie5990 I hope your appointment went well!

@aneggnamedalex I have been told the shortness of breath is normal and related to increased blood volume. I'm definitely in the same boat.
  • @louessbee thanks! It went great! we saw the little gummy bear wiggling around and a lot of anxiety was lifted. I do have a small bleed though, so pelvic rest for 2 weeks and then another ultrasound at 12W to make sure everything still looks good - my OB wasn't overly concerned about, so I'm trying to stay positive. 
  • @chewie5990 hello fellow murderino!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/21/10+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday my actual first appointment since the last one confirmed and was to get the IUD out so I have to get caught up on bloodwork and everything.

How are you feeling? Honestly, really good. I had HG with my first so not throwing up multiple times a day is amazing. I am however annoyed at my nipples and how sensitive they are already. 

Raves/Rants: I think I am still in shock, it has been a crazy week. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? I am rewatching Friends before it goes off Netflix so not really haha. Although I do love anything on Investigation Discovery and Criminal Minds. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9+6/ May24 (it moved 1 day) 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green!

Baby is the size of a(n): I think raspberry?

Upcoming appointments: Not until Nov 15

How are you feeling? pretty crappy most of the time. 

Raves/Rants: Rants is that I’ve been traveling for work so much my house is a complete mess. But the kids are alive and solo parenting is hard, so I can’t be too fed up with DH. 

Rave- we got family pictures back and I actually really like them! 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: Do you have any recommended shows/movies/podcasts? Dead to me (Netflix) I thought was really good. 

I’ve been totally MIA the last week because I was traveling! Hope everyone is doing well. 

• @aneggnamedalex yes definitely out of breath! It’s from additional blood volume, and super common. I’m struggling getting back into a workout routine because of the exhaustion/nausea. I’ve decided to give myself a break and restart when I hit 2nd trimester... it’s been helpful to not feel guilty about it. 

@louessbee have fun in Hawaii!! I’m jealous. 

@mokay19 I don’t have an at home Doppler. Do you? I’m afraid I would become obsessive with one.