Extreme sickness help — The Bump
1st Trimester

Extreme sickness help

Ive had the worst time with this. Please be kind its my first post. The morning sickness has doubled to where nothing is working...unisom...b6...crackers..ginger nothing and i can barely keep water down. I throw up for extended periods of time ans in biggee amounts im pretty weak and if it starts im barely functional. Help! I know this shouldn't be normal what should i do?

Re: Extreme sickness help

• Ive had the worst time with this. Please be kind its my first post. The morning sickness has doubled to where nothing is working...unisom...b6...crackers..ginger nothing and i can barely keep water down. I throw up for extended periods of time ans in biggee amounts im pretty weak and if it starts im barely functional. Help! I know this shouldn't be normal what should i do?
    Call your doctor's office! Though it's the weekend they will put you to the on call doctor - they will tell you what to do.  You may need IV if it's that bad.  This is a MD question, not one for 8nternets strangers. 
    knottie00f72e91b560d440dpchickensleksiLdaffodil_shoe
  • Thank you! I appreciate it  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask you doctor to see if you are suffering from hyperemisis gravidarum. Don’t hesitate to go to the ER if you have not been able to keep down fluids. 
    knottie00f72e91b560d440
  • Yes but i called midwife and she states " normal" . im here miserable anf ijust KNOw its not good but everyone thinks its normal. Im pretty sick im also angry at her because its not .
  • Yes but i called midwife and she states " normal" . im here miserable anf ijust KNOw its not good but everyone thinks its normal. Im pretty sick im also angry at her because its not .
    Then, I would go to the ER, tell them what's going on, that you can not keep down liquids, throwing up constantly. See what they say or do.
    2. Fire the midwife and get an OB/GYN that will actually listen to you.

What you are describing is true, and you can not even keep liquids down, you need to get looked at, evaluated and find a doctor (or if you insist, midwife) that will actually take your concerns SERIOUSLY!
    knottie00f72e91b560d440dpchickensleksiLMalidocious
  • Not being able to keep liquids down is NOT normal. I agree with harpseal135, find someone who has treated women with HG, it is serious and can be devastating to you and your baby’s health if not on correct treatment. This is my 3rd HG pregnancy, ginger ale and saltine crackers dont do shit, get an OB who can help you. 
    Also if you go to the ER, make sure they look at your potassium, it’s a common issue with women who have constant vomiting. 
    knottie00f72e91b560d440leksiLMalidocious
  • I have to speak up for midwives here. Yours sounds terrible and you should find someone new. All of the midwives I've encountered have been quick to listen, help me make choices, and act with appropriate medical interventions. My practice is a nice mix of OBs and CNMs. 
    knottie00f72e91b560d440Malidociouslovesclimbingdaffodil_shoe
  • Thank you all for the adviceim going to see if i can changemidwives or find a doctor. My father in law is a nurse practitioner and it took my husband to call someone to help me because i had severe blood sugar crash due to no eating for 3 to 4 days excwpt two meals. I finally am having relief. Thank you so much everyone! I know i shouldn't be asking unless its a proffesional but i got desperate. Ive been hungry and thirsty and now have meds that gave me some relief. Thank you so much i appreciate all of you 
    leksiLMalidociousjrouge12