May 2020 Moms

What my pregnant self is dreaming

I don't know how to gif especially on mobile s ... Just lay them out there. 

Re: What my pregnant self is dreaming

• In last night's dream I was at work, had to run to the trash can to throw up (which thankfully hasn't happened in real life yet, let me not jinx myself), and then dragged my coworker around campus looking for a crispy chicken wrap to eat.

I had a craving for chicken strips last week soooo I guess this carried over into my dreams this week.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • I had a dream I was at my childhood home. My ex and his family were overnight guests (not unusual) & I have an intense craving for "breakfast Ramen" which is essentially noodles in broth with an egg on top and bacon on the side. To not be rude and make it just for myself I over his family some too and they all want some as well. Which made my mom really mad because she was making a pot roast that would be done in 8 hours and I was ruining everyone's appetite. 

My husband was missing from that entire dream 🙈
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Loading the player...
  • @heyybritt did you find the chicken strips lol?
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
  • @tj_2 nope 😂 I remember being so frustrated that I couldn't find the exact wrap I wanted. So funny we both had food related dreams!
    FTM
  • Sadly, my dreams have always been extremely random and vivid so I haven’t noticed much of a change. My DH on the other hand... has started to have some of his own pregnancy dreams. 

TW 

The other night he had back to back nightmares. In the first one, his dad and I died, leaving him as a single dad. In the second one, both the baby and I died. It’s really disturbing, and my DH was freaked out. 

It may be the hormones, and call me crazy, but I also think it’s kind of sweet that he’s already having anxiety dreams. The worry means he really cares right 🤷🏾‍♀️
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Um we almost missed our plane because my sister wanted to tour the in airport koi pond/gift shop ((multiple stories)) and then I couldn’t find MH and kids, so l I just left $60 in cash because we couldn’t stand in line to pay behind all the Asian tourists and make our flight. 
  • A couple nights ago I had a hyper realistic dream that my brother died.  I had to text him in the middle of the night to see if he was ok. It was just a dream thank goodness! 

• A few nights ago I had a dream that I told my dad I was pregnant and he responded, "Really. Well, I'm sure you'll take lots of pictures." This is not at all indicative of my dad's personality or our relationship, lol.
  • @soprano19 omg that made me lol

I have had at least 2 dreams about ex boyfriends. In both dreams I remember thinking, "This guy is the worst. I miss [DH]. I'm such an idiot for not staying with [DH]." 

One night I dreamed a coworker drove me and another coworker through a flood. Everything was muddy and cars kept driving off these mud cliffs. We almost made it to the cabin we were headed for, but the driveway was made of narrow tree branches, and we drove over the side and ended up upside down in a tree.
  • Dreamt last night that I have birth to a small puppy. And that wasn't the upsetting part of the dream, the upsetting part is MH wouldn't let me see it and kept it in a dog crate because he didn't want it to need me as much as dd does and wanted it to need him more. In my dream, having a puppy instead of a baby was normal. 
  • I had a dream last night I was having an affair (while hugely pregnant) with an ex convict. Of course, the guy was huge, bald, and had tattoos everywhere. And MH was Ross from friends? It was totally off the wall and I feel a mixture of shame, guilt, and amusement this morning. MH is in law enforcement (and definitely nothing like Ross), so I'm not sure what that was about.
  • Anyone else having a spike in sex dreams or is that just me (all with DH)? 
    FTM
  • @drkoyya YES! I've have sex dreams almost every night the past week or so. What's funny is that I don't exactly have the desire once I wake up and have the opportunity to actually have sex. Lol

I think it has something to do with all the surging hormones and extra blood to the vagina. 
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
  • I had a dream last night that I was walking home with a bag of food from Taco Bell and I was looking forward to eating it. It was an elaborate walk home. Then just as I got home and it was finally time to have my TB, I woke up. I’m still mad about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tj_2 @caponey I've been having a lot of (non-sexual) dreams about my long-time highschool/college boyfriend, too.

@drkoyya Yes, I've been having TONS of sex dreams about MH.  At least my dream self is getting some action right now...
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Last night's dream: my friend and I took our dogs to the dog park. The dogs were playing together totally fine and then all of a sudden her australian shepherd swallowed my mini daschund whole. We both started feaking out but then he threw my dog back up as we were trying to get to the vet hospital. When I woke up I immediately checked on my dog and then started laughing because it was so ridiculous 😂 I really do not know where this stuff comes from sometimes.
    FTM
  • Well I just woke up at 3 am because in my dream someone ran the light and slammed into my car on a left turn arrow. I’m shaking. Guess my subconscious decided to pick up the accident that almost happened yesterday and put it in my dream. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • I’ve had dreams 3 times this past week that consistent of me having wings. It would be SO COOL if it were true!
  • @jhysmath that's a hilarious dream
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
  • I’d like to relive this thread. I’m having some crazy dreams and I could use a good laugh at other crazy dreams. 

1. I woke up crying because I dreamt that Hilary Clinton and Bryan Cranston (from Breaking Bad) had to get a divorce over cancer medications

2. I dreamt that I had to pee so I peed on some grapes. It obviously wasn’t working so I went to the bathroom, where I placed the grapes over the toilet to pee
    FTM
  • @drkoyya 😂🤣 grapes!! I feel like I probably have a lot of pee dreams because I now have a full bladder at least nightly but don’t recall those. 
    I did recently have a dream where there was a tree-being who was being taken over by a bad spirit and I was trying to tell the tree not to let the spirit take over...turns out I was yelling in my sleep and MH woke me up to see if I was okay. That was fun. Pregnancy is weird.
  • I have a feeling I’m going to keep reviving this thread because I keep having crazy dreams. 

Last night I dreamt that I gave birth to my cat ... 🤨
    FTM
  • @drkoyya that is a new one 🤣
    FTM
  • Dreamt last night that I was getting dressed for pj day and took mh's robe because it matched push pants and found a condom stuck to it. I yelled at him told him to make sure he doesn't leave his condom around, then remembered we haven't used one in I don't know how long 4 years? And that he must now be cheating on me. I woke up so angry at him. 
  • @jhysmath when I tell MH he was in a dream he's always afraid he did something wrong in the dream and I'm mad at him 😂

Had a dream last night I had to go back to work 2 days after I gave birth. I walked to my niece's house to pick up the baby and we had a conversation about how I was nervous about getting a good latch for breastfeeding. I went to pick up the baby and it was a girl with the cutest curly hair. I then told my niece I was worried about taking care of her hair.

We don't know what we're having yet (find out on the 27th!) but this is the third dream I've had that it's a girl...so we'll see if my subconscious is right.
    FTM