Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 10/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 10/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 8/8

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Temping as always; OPKs starting this weekend prob, then DTD EOD (am I doing the acronyms right? I’m trying lmao); just bought Pre-Seed—haven’t tried that yet 🤷‍♀️

R/R: Starting to ride the TTC roller coaster back up—beginning to feel positive and excited for another chance. Just found out MH is taking two weeks off of work, well-deserved, and they should be coinciding with O, which is great. We have different work schedules, so most cycles he’s waking me up in the middle of the night when he gets home—not the happiest or most relaxing way to get it done lol. So I’m looking forward to sex this cycle feeling more natural and less scheduled (I mean, as natural as possible when you’re glued to a calendar and a thermometer and things to pee on...)
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I’m glad you had fun baking! I’m like you, I used to bake all the time but I can never seem to fit it in. I volunteered to make cookies for a friend’s wedding and I’m looking forward to doing it but I’m running out of time. I cant wait to hear how your cheesecake bars turned out. 

@kmalls I definitely stayed in bed for way too long, but it was amazing! I hope your day goes smoothly! 

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited October 2019
    @kmalls I made Oreo cheesecake brownie bars and a chocolate peanut butter dessert. I posted pics in the cooking/baking/craft thread. Hope this week isn't too bad for you jumping back into things.

@ssbl glad the timing works out and you'll be able to relax and enjoy less scheduled sex this cycle. FX for you!

@bows22 oooh cookies for the wedding sound like a fun baking project! And thanks! I'm excited to try the brownies this afternoon!

Edited for wording
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Tempdrop (BBT), OPK, PNV, Vit D, COQ10, limited caffeine and sugar

R/R: back to work today after one of the most relaxing weekends we’ve had in awhile. Heading into the work week feeling super organized, let’s hope it lasts! I have a dentist appointment today. I always book them for late afternoon so I can leave work early. No shame!

CS/Q: got a peak OPK yesterday morning so that was fun

• Options

@bows22 that's one of the reasons I bought a Temdrop (they're easier to purchase in Canada then an Ava bracelet and quite a bit cheaper with the exchange rate). I would stress out about waking up on time to temp, which would lead to a horrible sleep. Eventually DH and I had to sleep in separate bedrooms haha

@gingermama29 Those sound delicious! I also enjoy baking, but feel like I always forget or that I don't have enough time in my day. I should try to make more of an effort, even if it's easy recipes

@kmalls I'm also back to work today after a nice long weekend. Luckily it's been a quiet morning, and I'll leave an hour or so early for a dentist appointment

@ssbl enjoy the extra two weeks with your DH, it's so stressful when timing doesn't work out, so FX this will at least keep your stress levels down and have lots of fun!

• Options
    @feather_heather I hope that your doctor is able to get your medication approved. I will never understand why insurance companies deny everything first and then approve it once there is some push back.  Why even give the push back in the first place. I like to say that insurance companies, in general, are the biggest rip off sometimes. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @bows22 maybe this is your body's/mind's way of telling you that you needed a break from all of the tracking you do? We also haven't turned our heat on yet... but also I overheat at night while sleeping so I guess we don't really need to yet? It is cold when we wake up though and I HATE getting out of the shower on chilly/cold mornings.

@gingermama29 I LOVE baking!! Everything you baked looked amazing... I was seriously drooling and then seriously wishing I had a slice of both to cheer me up after yesterday's news (even though I had zero appetite)! I am so sorry your cycle is still going on, they are the worst!! I hope something happens for you soon.. any indication of AF at all?

@ssbl I really like using preseed - but I don't use it the way they direct you too, a little bit goes a long way so I can't imagine using a syringe to inject that much into myself!! We just use it like regular lube..again, a little goes a looooooooong way!

@kmalls Yes, at least it's not Monday!

@feather_heather that's so very frustrating!! How can they claim to "cover" something but not actually cover the stuff that's needed for it?! Ugh, I hope you get good news about it all, and stat!

@coffeeandcookies84 I usually schedule my dentist appointments for that time frame too so I can leave early!! hehe opps! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend that left you feeling refreshed!! Conquer today, girl!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @kpearse99 I would consider what you described to be CD1 and AF. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope your dr has solutions and you get your THB. Also, if I was on your shoes and tracking is causing anxiety I would stop tracking and trust the dr. Easier said than down, but it doesnt seem to help anything at that point. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @kpearse99 - I'm so bummed that you are back here with us. I would probably consider it CD1 if you're already onto a second tampon, although... I switched to a menstrual cup about 7 months ago, and I have super light and short periods, so I'm prob not the best person to give that advice. I stopped using OPKs once we started monitored IUI cycles. I still temped, but only because I have an AVA bracelet and it's easy. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather @coffeeandcookies84 I never think of the bracelets but that’s a good idea. If my forgetfulness keeps up I may give it a shot. 

@feather_heather insurance is the worst! I’m sorry you have to deal with that 

@coffeeandcookies84 I love that you had a great weekend! I hope your motivation keeps you going this week!

@kpearse99 I’d call it CD1. And yes I agree with you about my body rejecting my tracking haha. I also think my body is relaxing from the hectic work of the past couple of months. So that’s why I’m not too stressed about it. But I know I’ll use 1 million HPTs if I don’t know my O date so I hope I can at least get a ballpark of an idea. I hope you had a wonderful lunch with your friend 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal I took too long to post and missed you. Going out to dinner during the week is such a treat! Have fun! I hope you get your temp jump tomorrow! You’ve been “WTO” for way too long!
  • Options
    I called my RE and told them it's CD1 and now I'm just waiting for the nurse to call me back to set up my baseline for later this week!

@bluetickgal Thanks, friend <3 Why did your RE put you on progesterone after O? Did they suspect low progesterone or is it just something they do/recommend doing? Enjoy your Italian date night!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @bows22 thanks lady! I’m hoping O is today or tomorrow...based on some cramping, I think it’s happening soon! I do feel like I’ve been “WTO” for ages now! Lol.

@kpearse99 this will be my first actual trying cycle with the RE and it sounds like he does it pretty regularly with his patients since it doesn’t hurt. He said that he doesn’t think progesterone BW is always the most accurate either. *TW - I’m unexplained RPL, so low progesterone is something that could be contributing to my losses. end TW*
  • Options
    @feather_heather good luck with the insurance company... I hope they come through for you quickly!

@kpearse99 still sorry to see you back here 😔 Thanks for the pre-seed insight! I agree with what others said above about your cycle days and temping so I won’t repeat them and will just send hearts from a stranger instead ❤️❤️
  • Options
    @feather_heather there are definitely times that baking feels more like a chore. I totally get that. So glad your insurance approved your IVF!! So stupid and annoying about them denying the meds though. I hope that gets sorted out quickly!

@coffeeandcookies84 glad you had such a nice weekend!! And yay for peak OPK!

@kpearse99 so sorry for CD 1. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend today. Re: not temping and OPKs, you gotta do whatever will be best for your mental health whatever that ends up being. Afm, no signs of AF yet. I'm having EWCM but low OPKs so I don't know wtf is going on.

@bluetickgal I can definitely share the recipes! I'll put them in the baking thread.

• Options
    jtdamm2018jtdamm2018 member
    edited October 2019

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2 (yaaaaayyyyy 👎)

WAYDTGKU: BBT, apps, OPK

R/R: I get to have a root canal in a week or so right around peak ovulation so YAY and then my baby sister is getting married in three weeks 😊 so hopefully I’ll have an excuse to not drink then! 

CS/Q: none 

Married 6/2018
    TTC #1 9/2019
  • Options

I think I'll tag backwards since I'm so late tonight:

@Knottief6b7e635f5c86453 Sorry about CD 2... and the root canal timing. Timing is hard enough as it is without added complications. But congrats to your sister!!! Weddings are the best-- they're the only type of party I always look forward to lol. 

@bluetickgal Hope you enjoy your errands and italian! And that O happens speedily! Waiting is such a pain whether it's WTO or TWW. 

@kpearse99 I'm so sorry this wasn't the cycle. I hope your lunch spent catching up with your friend was just what you needed! I also think you should trust your gut about the temping/etc. Maybe your mind needs a rest from it.

@coffeeandcookies84 Glad you had a restful weekend! And good plan on the dentist apt. scheduling! I'm slightly jealous bc since I teach, I have to schedule a half-day of leave for any appointments I have. But MH's job is much more flexible about things like that, so I'm thankful for that!

@feather_heather Sorry you had a rough morning after time off, but congrats on starting IVF soon! FX all the insurance paperwork goes through soon so that you can put your thoughts toward the experience itself and not the annoying roadblocks! 

@ssbl Yay! I'm glad ya'll will have more similar schedules for a couple of weeks! We've used pre-seed here and there and I echo the advice that a little goes a long way. 

@kmalls Glad ya'll got to spend some time together! 

@gingermama29 Yum! I find baking relaxing too as long as I'm not in a rush like with the holidays. You're inspiring me to bake some fall goodies, but then I'm afraid I'll eat them all  :yum: MH and I have been trying to eat healthier lately. But he did bake some delicious cupcakes for a party we threw my sister, and I'm still dreaming about them lol. I guess we need to attend another social event so I can have a good excuse to make some dessert... 

@bows22 Sorry you forgot to temp! It does sound like you'll still have time though before O so that's good! 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, OB/GYN follow-up about PCOS, folate, the deed.... 

R/R: I've been having some real struggles with my anxiety lately, so that has been annoying. I've been really exhausted too. BUT on the bright side: my dog gave me a very sweet hug yesterday, I'm having dinner with my sister tomorrow, and a former student came by after class today to just bond over our love for poetry, so all-in-all not a bad week. 

In family planning world: MH had his preliminary PCP appointment required in order to get a semen analysis done. I have an apt. Thursday and, currently, I'm no longer worried about it because I'm too excited for the day off and the *hopefully* nice weather. 

CS/Q: Nothing interesting right now... if I even am ovulating this cycle, it won't be happening for a while. 

me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS