Group 2(April 9-16) Week of 10/14

EDD/W+D: 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 2(April 9-16) Week of 10/14

• EDD/W+D: 4/14, 14 weeks tomorrow

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): squirt gun

Upcoming Appointments: had an appointment friday. BP was high. I  have white coat syndrome and that's usual, but the new OB was concerned even though my at home readings are normal. She's having me come back in this Friday for a BP check and to check my machine at the office. It's a little annoying since I've dealt with white coat syndrome my entire life and know my BP is always high in a doctor/hospital setting.

How are you feeling? Feeling ok. Some rougher days with nausea, but overall good.

Raves/Rants: We made our social media announcement and am so glad it's public now!

Questions: none

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I love my country music!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/W+D:  4/12, 14w+1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Troll doll  :D

Upcoming Appointments: Not until November

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great. This past weekend I had the worst migraine headache but it's finally lifted and just enjoying being headache free.

Raves/Rants: It was a tough week last week. My computer crashed and they couldn't save anything so it had to be fixed and wiped clean. I also had a misunderstanding with a bank on my credit card and it affected my credit score, right before DH and I are trying to buy a house so that was pretty sucky. But it's a new week and hoping things will be better. 

Questions: none for right now

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I'm kind of all over the board. I love classic rock, pop, rap, and even some country (like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton type country). My favorite band is the Talking Heads though and I love David Byrnes solo stuff. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kathryn0903 hope the BP is just white coat syndrome! Maybe I missed it, but did you do something special for the social media announcement? 

@littleredm ugh! Computer crash is the worst!! 

EDD/W+D: 14w1d, April 12

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): beet (I hate when they give you a fruit that is super  variable in size) 

Upcoming Appointments: early November 

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Feeling relief after NT last week. My stomach feels weird like sore and tingling sometimes. I assume that’s just all the stretching and rearranging that’s starting to happen. 

Raves/Rants: This month is flying by! It’s my midterms week (I’m in a PhD program) so obviously on here instead of studying/paper writing. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I’m horrible at listening to music. Will 100% lose any game of name that tune! Usually whatever is on the radio if I happen to be driving. 
  • EDD/W+D:  4/11 14w2d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Troll doll  

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test on Halloween. The irony. 

How are you feeling? I’m sick, but I’m getting better. Only pregnancy related in that my immune system sucks right now. DS brought a bug home from daycare. 

Raves/Rants: Work is freaking crazy lately. Everything I’m working on is exploding all at once. I’m not getting much time to actually work on smaller things. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I'm weird. I tend to prefer oldies. Mostly 60s and 80s music. For recent music, it’s mostly country. I could listen to the Beatles all day every day. I’ve seen both Paul and Ringo in concert and even convinced DS to watch Beat Bugs on Netflix, because the music is good. Also, Queen, but see my username. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @Kathryn0903 I also have a bit of White Coat syndrome, so I get you on that. Hope the appointment goes well and you can keep your BP down. 

@littleredm That sounds like a tough week. I’m hoping this week is a lot better for you. 

@gingers19 Good luck with your midterms. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • W+D: 14 week 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): peach 

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling? DH and I were both sick for a few days, but I’m getting better. A lot of our family friend's and kids were sick, and I think that's where we got it from. Also have some minor aches and sore muscles in my back and stomach which I think might be normal?

Raves/Rants: Can i say i just love fall! 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I love country and classical music.
  • @Kathryn0903 I've had a high BP reading my last two appointments and I asked them to take it again a few minutes later. Second readings were much better. 

@littleredm sorry to hear about your computer, I've been through a similar scenario and it sucks!

@gingers19 good luck with your midterms!

@mercury94 I'm sorry you're sick. I'm scared for the winter with a toddler who goes to daycare. I'll probably get everything.

@sanpelligrino I love fall too, except we've already had two snow storms and it's not even Halloween! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

EDD/W+D: 4/14, 14w

Baby is the size of a(n): Pear

Upcoming Appointments: 15w u/s with prenatal genetics on 10/23. 

How are you feeling? Better, cold is almost gone and the fatigue has subsided for now.

Raves/Rants: My position at work is going from contract to permanent, but I have to apply for it (just a formality). I am waiting for that process to conclude before I tell everyone (only my boss knows) and it is getting really hard to hide my pregnancy. Everything is "fuller" and I have a very visible bump. Hopefully it will all be settled by next week.

Questions: None

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? Current stuff- country, but I like most genres. Definitely an 80's/90's pop girl and still have a soft spot for early 2000's emo.
  • Thanks @mercury94 & @doraleigh35

also, 2 snowstorms already?! Yikes! 
  • EDD/W+D: April 15th, 14 weeks today!

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! So excited.

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍑

Upcoming Appointments: I have my second midwife appt today, and the gender ultrasound coming up in a few weeks! 

How are you feeling? Overall my energy is improving, but I still get nausea, vomiting, and fatigue.

Raves/Rants: I cant wait to have a proper round belly instead of just looking kind of chubby all the time 🙈 silly, I know! 

Questions: @doraleigh35 are you from Alberta, Canada? I live there and am with you on the storms! Hoping the snow holds off for the kiddos for Halloween lol 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to everything, but country is my go to! 
  • @apaperthinhymn Yes, I am! It looks nice for the next two weeks, but we will see! 
  • Hey all. Love reading everyone’s updates. 

EDD/W+D: 
    4/11. 14+4

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): troll doll

Upcoming Appointments: not until 10/24

How are you feeling? 
    Trying not to get inside my own head. I’ve been spotting on and off for about a week. Last Friday I called the nurse line and the dr on call (my dr was off that day) had me come in for an ultrasound and thankfully both babies were moving and measuring on track and had heartbeats of 165. I’ve been having ligament pain here and there and just trying not to overthink every damn symptom and drive myself crazy. 

Raves/Rants: 
    See how I’m feeling. 😂 j/k but in all seriousness I just haven’t been on the board with trying to keep my mind from overthinking. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? A little bit of everything, except rap/hip hop I guess. I change channels in the radio from every station to talk radio and I’ll go from Avett Brothers to Foo Fighters to Lumineers to Miranda Lambert to LED Zeppelin to Lauren Daigle. 
  • @mandarenee898 I really hope the spotting stops soon so you can relax a bit. It can be so hard not to worry when you just don’t know what’s going on in there all the time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mandarenee898 I feel you. I have a very vivid and active imagination (been an artist my entire life ☺️) and a huge challenge with pregnancy is not to overthink symptoms and wonder what the heck is going on inside. I also had a miscarriage earlier this year so I’m scared inside that everything is going ok now. I just have to remember I’ve seen the baby twice and heard the healthy heartbeat. I would suggest journaling when you are worried. Also keeping busy with healthy things. ❤️
  • EDD/W+D: April 14/ 14W 2D

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): troll doll

Upcoming Appointments: I have my cardiologist appointment next Wednesday then a regular OB in two weeks. 

How are you feeling? Much better! So tired still but not experiencing 24/7 morning sickness anymore 

Raves/Rants: been MIA the last two weeks. Our NT scan came back abnormal so we went ahead with genetic testing. Everything came back just fine thank God. Baby boy has a 99% chance of being born perfectly healthy so that’s been the best news. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? Currently lots of kid musics lol I tend to listen to podcasts if I can control the station. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @mercury94 That’s exactly it, I don’t know what is causing it. We haven’t been having sex and I’ve been off of my progesterone for over a month so who knows what is causing it. I’ll just try to focus on the good ultrasound I did get last week after the spotting started and see what my dr says at my apt next week. 

Thanks @goodyloves. I’m sorry about your miscarriage. Pregnancy after loss is so hard mentally but seeing those heartbeats and little movements on the screen filled me with unimaginable joy. So, positive thinking along with some rest is on my agenda this weekend. 

Appreciate the support ladies, so glad we are all here for each other. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 14, 14 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet

Upcoming Appointments: Consult on 10/24 for history of preterm labor (I delivered at 36.5 weeks, so technically preterm, so they just want to keep an eye on me), OB visit 11/14, ultrasound 11/25

How are you feeling? So much better. This week I've finally been able to eat sort of normally, and the nausea is mostly under control. Now I just need to catch up on sleep, since it's been a really stressful couple of weeks at work.

Raves/Rants: I really love my doctor's office, but they've been super disorganized this pregnancy. I was supposed to have my consult before my last OB appointment, but they didn't tell that to the person scheduling me, and they weren't clear with me about which testing I was doing when, so I still haven't had my panorama DNA test yet. Some of it's my fault for not asking enough follow up questions, but I feel like they've not been clear about timing, etc.

Questions: 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? In the car, mostly Top 40 radio. At home, my taste is all over the place. Currently a lot of Lizzo, Guster, Lake Street Dive, and Hamilton. And my son is currently obsessed with the original Lion King soundtrack and the music from The Lego Movie 2, so those are on heavy rotation.