Group 1 May 1-8 w/o 10/14

EDD

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? :

Raves/Rants

Questions

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat?

Re: Group 1 May 1-8 w/o 10/14

• Options
    EDD: 5/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink (did Sneek Peak testing, confirming with genetic testing next week)

Baby is the size of a(n): lime! 

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday, a little after 12 weeks. Feels like it's been forever since my 8 weeks and I'm excited and anxious to make sure things are going well.

How are you feeling? : I was feeling better but now today I've gotten sick again. Hoping the second trimester brings some better days so I can start getting active again

Raves/Rants: My long time college ex boyfriend announced his pregnancy this weekend and is due around the same time as me. Not upset, but more-so never-ending dumb and impractical worries of "what if we have the same name, what if our kids go to the same college and they get married" 

Questions: How many of you have home heartbeat dopplers? I've seen articles saying don't bother but just wondering anecdotally .

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat?: Does Halloween candy count? I've been craving Reeses so bad this pregnancy (i also love Reeses when not pregnant so unclear if craving).
  • Options
    EDD: 5/8

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout

Upcoming appointments: 10/21

How are you feeling? : exhausted but finally less nauseous. Food is still a no go. 

Raves/Rants: DH has been working 12 hour days lately and I’m so tired. He barely sees DD and is burning out. Hopefully it ends soon. 

Questions: anyone else been extra angry lately?

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Stuffing to eat and deviled eggs to make. 

@zaslawlz I never got the home Doppler because I heard it can cause more anxiety than it is helpful. Hoping you and the ex do not share any of the same things!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: May 4th, 11 weeks today! (birthdate twins @zaslawlz)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out. I have my NIPT next week, I've been told mixed advice on whether or not Kaiser will reveal the sex during NIPT. If they don't, then I'll go do an independent ultrasound to find out the sex. There are Groupons for them and they're only about $30-40!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime/ catepillar

Upcoming appointments: TOMORROW! So anxious. This will be my first appointment with the midwife. My NT scan is scheduled for October 25th. 

How are you feeling? : Good? Definitely better but still not to my old self. My appetite is getting better, but eating is still a struggle because I just don't want to eat and nothing tastes right. I was excited that I actually enjoyed dinner last night and didn't feel sick after eating. 

Raves/Rants: We're so close to the 2nd trimester, I can taste it! I cannot wait to finally tell my coworkers and my students. I'm ready to let me stomach hang loose and not worry about what anyone else may think. 

Questions

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? I'm all about Thanksgiving and the carbs. Greens, dressing, and macaroni & cheese. I don't often make soul food for myself so I look forward to the holidays when I get my full serving of it. 

@zaslawlz That's very annoying that your ex has a similar due date. At least I would be annoyed by it. 
    @newmomtx06 I wouldn't say angry, but I have definitely been extra irritable. I had a student come to my office debating a question on an exam. I had to try so hard to keep my composure because everything in me just wanted to say "no, you're wrong, accept it." Lately, I just don't have the patience to deal with people questioning me or asking irrelevant questions. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    EDD: May 5 / 11 Weeks Tomorrow 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby sea turtle shell. 

Upcoming appointments: Oct 25. 

How are you feeling? : Yesterday tricked me, I felt good all day and got caught up on two months worth of housework. Insomnia finally kicked in and I was up from 2am-9am and then slept from 9-1030. Been nauseous with horrible heartburn since then. 

Raves/Rants: I’ve been living off cereal for a month. I haven’t eaten meat in 2 months. I’m starving when I’m not nauseous but cereal just doesn’t fill me up. 

Questions: @newmomtx06 Ive been ragey the last week or so. Extra grumpy with the kids and just overall fed up. I think it’s a combo of hormones and just being over the first trimester symptoms. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Love to eat fried turkey (hate to cook it). Also love baked Mac and cheese and don’t mind cooking it. Pie. Oh and cranberry sauce on rolls. Basically give me all the carbs.
  • Options
     @newmomtx06 yep I think i'd be the anxious group so I think I'm going to pass for my own sanity.. and YES on the extra angry. My husband has also been working more but I think the first true round of "hormones" (we can blame it on that, right? lol) came because I felt like I was just trying to pick fights

@drkoyya sending good vibes on your apt tomorrow! How are you planning on telling your students?

@rox7777 hopefully second trimester brings all of us our appetites back! YUM i forgot about Mac and Cheese- my favorite is with goldfish crackers on top for a little extra crunch. I'm amending my answer to Mac n Cheese and Sweet potato casserole with a ton of vanilla, cinnamon and marshmellows! 
  • Options
    @zaslawlz I teach an anatomy course and I plan on wearing this on Halloween to tell them that I’m pregnant. Luckily I have a small bump to fill out the shirt a little bit. 

FTM
  • Options
    @zaslawlz we have a doppler from our first. We barely used it on our second. It can definitely cause anxiety when you can’t find the heartbeat. I’ve also seen a lot of people misuse them and find their own heartbeat. I found that I never needed the reassurance after I started feeling regular kicks which was around 18 weeks if I remember correctly? 

@newmomtx06 I have definitely been more short-tempered. I’ve found myself yelling at my kids which I rarely do. 

@rox7777 can you stomach other protein?i lived on peanut butter and the Kellogg protein snack bars during my last pregnancy because I couldn’t do meat. 

EDD: 5/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): ping pong ball

Upcoming appointments: next week, 10/22 for NIPT

How are you feeling? great! 

Raves/Rants: why are maternity clothes so boring?!? I’ve been looking for some cute new pieces to add to my wardrobe but everything seems either grumpy or plain.

Questions: Has anyone started talking names yet? We are waiting until we find out the sex but I love hearing everyone’s different name ideas. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Apple pie all the way! With a little ice cream and some whip cream. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @spiderlover25  that makes sense! I guess I never really thought about feeling them move to know everything's ok! I also think the sizes the bump tells me are so funny, it was the size of a baby sea turtle, then a lime, and today as tall as a lego man? Aren't those guys tiny? And now yours says ping pong ball which I'm assuming I'm headed to in a few days. 

Our names keep changing but the winner the past two weeks has been Madeline Jo- my grandma's name is Mary Jo so a slight nod/I love the nickname MJ! 
  • Options
    EDD: 5/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! It's our first, I have to know!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appointments: 11/18, second appointment. 

How are you feeling? :  Usually feel pretty ok during the day, nauseous/tired, but managing. I've been throwing up every evening for the last week after having about a week with no vomiting, so not thrilled that's back.  

Raves/Rants: Just ready to feel better! Second trimester is SO close! 

Questions: Anyone NOT doing NIPT testing? We decided not to, but seems like most people in this community are? Why or why not?  

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Sweet potato casserole, with lots of brown sugar. YUUUUM.
  • Options
    @spiderlover25 I was doing a lot of peanut butter in the beginning, but it got to the point where it started triggering my nausea. I’m going to try some protein powder in a smoothie tomorrow. 

@hopemedley1 I opt out of NIPT. We have no history in our family. It’s also notorious for false pos/neg. I know a lot of people do it for the extra US, but I like to skip anything unnecessary. I’ve had two high risk pregnancies and DS1 has leukemia. I like to keep my stress levels low and I don’t want the testing triggering my already short fuse for medical drama.
  • Options
    @spiderlover25
    We decided on baby names after 3 years of dating 😅 Some back story, my husband is named after his dad (Charles) but he’s not a junior and his grandfather is Charlie. We want to keep the legacy trend but we’re all Charles-out. If it’s a girl, she’ll be named Charlize after dad. If it’s a boy, he’ll be named Zachary after me. 
    FTM
  • Options
    @hopemedley1 we are doing the NIPT this time because the hospital that I will currently deliver at doesn’t have a NICU. If anything comes up we want to have time to prepare.
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hopemedley1hopemedley1 member
    edited October 2019
    @rox7777 That's our reasoning for not testing as well, glad I'm not the only one ha. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 @hopemedley1 we also opted out of the NIPT for those reasons. Also because the lab is out of network and I didn't want to deal with that hassle/cost
  • Options
    EDD: May 6th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out. Right now we both think it’s a girl for no apparent reason

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man

Upcoming appointments: 12 week ultrasound and bloodwork on Oct 23rs

How are you feeling? : pretty good. Feel like I have to pee way more than normal and my appetite is back. 

Raves/Rants

Questions: Before pregnancy, I enjoyed working out but my motivation is quite low lately. Any tips or suggestions for prenatal workout videos?

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Christmas cookies
  • Options
    @knottied6b8bd1c815f60a8 I would love to get to know you better but it’s hard to follow you when you don’t have a unique user name. There’s a thread started on how to update your name. 

As far as workout videos I’ve been planning on doing glow body pt. She has an excellent post partum plan that I purchased and loved after my last pregnancy. She has a free pregnancy plan that I looked at but haven’t started yet. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EDD: May 5th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green (unless there’s twins...then we’re finding out)

Baby is the size of a(n): Length of a Bobby pin

Upcoming appointments: Oct. 22nd (first appointment)

How are you feeling? : Great! I get a little nauseous sometimes but a ritz cracker takes care of that right away. I’m so glad that’s my only pregnancy symptom so far (besides waking up once per night to pee).

Raves/Rants: Not pregnancy related, but I survived finals!!! Also, I got 100% on my dissertation! I was totally not prepared with that news! I just about fell on the floor shocked! Now I’m just waiting for my grade on the case studies; that is so nerve wracking.

Questions: Why does it take babies a whole 9 months to develop? That’s so agonizingly long. I know it’s good because it gives time to become mentally and physically prepared for the baby, but I just want to hold and snuggle my little baby. My first baby who is now 9 months old (sweetest and funniest little girl ever!) never did snuggle, but I have high hopes for baby #2.

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday dish to make or eat? Anything sweet! Yet for some strange reason, I really don’t mind preparing a turkey. I just don’t like cutting it up.