Group 3 (May 17-24) Check-in - w/o 10/14

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? (from April 2020)

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24) Check-in - w/o 10/14

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 5/18 / 9+0

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): A cherry, a green olive

Upcoming appointments: Today! First US! FX for a healthy LO in there. I'll have an OB appointment right after too.

How are you feeling? Tired, nauseous, stuffy. Pretty normal symptoms. It has been hitting harder in the evening lately. 

Raves/Rants: I wish I could have a regular bathroom visit...darn prenatals. It makes the bloat so much more uncomfortable. 

Questions: As this is our second I'm just setting up a registry or two for the welcome bags and discounts. Any thoughts on where you'll set your registries up?

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? (from April 2020) A new bag for work! But a stylish and functional bar are an essential! (Probably)
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: May 23rd/ 8+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: today I have my OB nurse intake and another RE ultrasound

How are you feeling?  Okay. I had a debilitating migraine yesterday and did a rotation of sleeping and puking for about 8 hours straight. And now I took off work today since I’m still so run down from yesterday. 

Raves/Rants: rave on my parents and in laws for helping move so. much. stuff. this weekend! We’re so much more moved in than I thought we would be at this point and it’s totally great. It allows me to not feel like I need to rush today while recovering. 

Questions: not now

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? Hmm... we splurged on house stuff during the build process so I guess our recent splurge is the google mesh wifi, google doorbell, and Nest thermostat 😄

@jrouge12  good luck at the appointment today! Also, I’ve been doing my #2 registry on amazon right now
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 5/24 (8+1)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Intake on Weds, don't have another u/s until the 31st.

How are you feeling? Very congested, pretty queasy. DH woke me up at 6:45 because I was breathing too loud (he called it snoring, really it was just sleepy breathing through my only working nostril) and I was furious. 

Raves/Rants: see above about the waking up. He did apologize, after he realized I wasn't going to get any more sleep.

Questions: 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? We're going to Hawaii next week, so that! Been trying to keep expenses down otherwise.

@jrouge12 I put together an Amazon registry to organize my thoughts, it's private for now. We'll probably also do Buy Buy Baby for larger things, since there's a big one close to us and we can go test stuff out (see: twin strollers are confusing.)

@jrouge12 and @mokay19 Good luck with your appointments today!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8 + 2/ May23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green!

Upcoming appointments: first US on Thursday. I’m so excited. 

How are you feeling? Terrible. Nonstop nausea. Thankfully no vomiting. 

Raves/Rants: my kiddos were home because daycare was closed for Columbus Day, and I still have to work, and juggling the two while being nauseous is some kind of cruel hell. 

Questions: nope. 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? (from April 2020) family photos! We just did them over the weekend. Can’t wait to see them in a few weeks. 

@louessbee wooo Hawaii?! Have fun!! 

@mokay19 I’m sorry you had such a bad migraine 😓 are they a pregnancy symptom for you? I used to get ones that made me sick in my mid twenties. 

@jrouge12 ooo I hope your US goes well!! 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: May 20 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out! 

Upcoming appointments: 10/21...only one more week! Last time I had my first appoint at 6 weeks...the waiting has been so hard this time around! 

How are you feeling? fine! I feel like I don't really have any symptoms anymore which is nerve-racking....but none of my symptoms were very strong to begin with so I don't really know what to think.  

Raves/Rants: Right now we live with my parents (hopefully buying a house by January!) and they left today on a 2.5 week trip to Italy! I'm so excited to have the house to ourselves for a little while!!!!!! Although a little sad to have to cook dinner every night.. 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase?
    Not really a purchase...but the three of us went to see the new Adams Family movie yesterday and we splurged on all the snacks/drinks. It was so fun and relaxing to just be like yes, whatever you want! We rarely go to the movie theater so it was a nice treat for everyone. 
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu unfortunately no, I get them normally. I think the pregnancy hormones and nausea just exacerbated this one and made me more dehydrated and then worsened everything. It was a vicious cycle haha
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: May 18/9w today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: US tomorrow for reassurance, as my OB said at our first appointment

How are you feeling? Up and down. It varies basically by the hour, depending on how I’ve eaten and how much energy I’ve expended.

Raves/Rants: I’m just hoping for appropriate growth at our US tomorrow. If all goes well, I think I can convince H to tell our families in the next week or so.

Questions: None

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? I just bought these boots yesterday. I needed something warmer than Toms for marching band nights since it’s starting to actually feel like fall.

• Options
    @soprano19 those are so cute! 
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu they shipped yesterday and I can’t wait to get them 😍
  • Options
    @soprano19 Those are great!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9w 1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): An Olive

Upcoming appointments: Oct 29th for NIPT Testing

How are you feeling? Pretty good, still tired and nauseous. Trying not to worry

Raves/Rants: Interviewing a doula/lactation consultant tonight.  Fingers crossed we all click.

Questions: Any other Moms over 40 here??

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? Nothing lately, I'm in saving mode.  But, I'm excited to do a maternity haul soon. 
  • Options
    @soprano19 I have those same boots - just a different color! I love them and they keep my feet pretty warm/dry in the snow!
  • Options
    @chewie5990 good to know! It doesn’t snow here (usually), but I’m still looking forward to warm toes!
  • Options
    Hi all!

I’m a first time mom and this is my first Bump post! I hope I’m doing it right! :)

EDD/Weeks + days: May 22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! My twin sister just had a girl 6 weeks ago, so I’m hoping for a girl but would be happy either way, just want a healthy baby!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: My first appointment is Friday! 

How are you feeling? A mix of emotions. We tried for 5 months before finding out on our 11th anniversary that we were pregnant. Seeing the double lines on my test was surreal as I have PCOS and was told it would be difficult for me to get (and stay) pregnant. I’m worried that something will go wrong. Today has been my most nauseous, including dry heaving at work (thankfully no one else was in there as I haven’t told work yet). I’m just having a lot of big feelings and hoping others can relate!   

Raves/Rants: so far my biggest rant is the smell of other people’s food at work! I work with a vegan who makes strong smelling food and it’s gotten to the point where I have to leave my desk if she’s eating at hers! 

Questions: Do other moms feel they are avoiding friends/ situations because you don’t want to tell yet? I’m feeling a little lonely but don’t want to risk telling people before 12 weeks. I normally work out 6 days a week and have found myself withdrawing since I haven’t been feeling good. I know I need to listen to my body and rest, but it’s hard when my mind is used to a certain routine. I’ve been withdrawing from social situations too as I love a good cocktail and find it hard to be around and not drinking and worried others will notice and ask. 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? (from April 2020) I wouldn’t say it’s a splurge, but I bought a belly band from target that I’m excited about! My jeans were starting to feel a little snug and I’m excited to be more comfortable with the band until I’m big enough to be in maternity pants!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 9w1d May 18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): the thimble from Peter Pan

Upcoming appointments: had my first yesterday. Next one is Veterans Day

How are you feeling? Heartburn deluxe

Raves/Rants: meh. Pretty mellow 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was a recent splurge purchase? (from April 2020) maternity shirt. 😅