Weekly Check-in Group 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 14/10

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 14/10

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 27+5 / 8th January

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: purple

Baby is the size of a(n): toilet brush / camping lantern

Upcoming appointments: wednesday - 28 week appointment at twin clinic. I see my consultant & have a growth scan.

How are you feeling? Massive & slow! Heartburn is waking me at night, general insomnia & random stitch like pains due to the way the babies are positioned for hours at a time til I can lay down and get them to move.

Raves/Rants: raves - its dhs bday today & we went to a fancy hotel a few hours away without dd last night & had an amazing dinner & was so relaxing! I made an effort, got dressed up & had a small glass of wine with my dinner, took extra insulin & had dessert & felt like a proper adult for the night & it was glorious!

rants - mil had dd for the night (which i really apppreciate) but she didnt tell us she had scheduled a dentist appointment today until this morning so we then had to rush back earlier than planned 🙄

Questions: nothing atm

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? Hes 6ft so much taller than me & makes me feel tiny sometimes (im 5’4”).
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days:  27 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Appointment with Midwife  on 10/22, including growth scan and 28 week labs

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  Heart burn is starting to pop its head up and my wedding ring is starting to be a little tight sometimes.  Last time I wore my ring on a chain for most of my pregnancy, so I'm taking this as a good sign...lol!

Raves/Rants: Both a rant and a rave...DS has learned how to cheat at Candy Land already!  We were playing yesterday and he stole my Queen Frostine space card from me and move himself up!  Little stinker...lol!

Questions: None today

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?  His smile.  It always makes me feel better.  I also have to agree with @leprechaunlady and say his height is a favorite as well :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: January 8th/27w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): I think lettuce?

Upcoming appointments: have to get my blood drawn at 8am tomorrow morning for the glucose test then have my OB appt on Wednesday at 28w

How are you feeling? Overall good, minus the never ending heartburn.  Lots of activity from little man as I type this.

Raves/Rants:  was experiencing awful leg cramps but those seem to have backed off, I've also been stretching my calves before bed to try to alleviate them and it seems to be working.  

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?  He's Native American so he has really great dark features - gorgeous skin (that i think our daughter has also and hope both kids get it since my skin sucks) and great teeth.  I really hope both the kids luck out with inheriting his good features. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 27 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Next week is the glucose tolerance test - looks like everyone else is going to or has done this.

How are you feeling? Fine, just getting physically tired quicker than normal

Raves/Rants: I have so little patience for other people these days.

Questions: If you are not in the US have you done the GTT?  Is it a different from the protocol here?  In the US we do a blood draw 1 hour after drinking 50 grams of glucose. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?
    I just love all of him  :smile:  He is very handsome.  Seriously, I feel like we are soulmates and I was meant to be with someone exactly like him my entire life.  btw, we still get into some pretty serious disagreements, but I feel lucky that we just know we are meant to be together. (so mushy I know)
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun its similar here but a few blood draws in one dat rather than a 1 hour & a 3 hour if you fail the 1 hour.
    this time round because I had gd previously I was checking my blood sugar levels semi regularly from 12 weeks & was diagnosed & started insulin at 14 weeks.
  • Options
    Sorry guy's I was missing yesterday, Canadian thanksgiving so it was busy :)

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/1  28w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut!

Upcoming appointments: Midwife tomorrow for the 28 week apt, and a prenatal massage thank God

How are you feeling? Good! After falling over this weekend my hip is a bit soar and my knee from scrapping it but overall I'm good. Heartburn is really picking up and I notice now when I eat my right rib is hurting since I'm running out of space and it's pushing out, it feels really weird. 

Raves/Rants:  Had a good thanksgiving this weekend, I ate so much food but wish I could have fit more in hahaha, I can't imagine now what Christmas dinner will look like, probably won't be able to eat much of it either. DH is back home, tonight there's a Wiggles concert we're taking DD too, so I'm excited

Questions: nothing for now, getting excited!! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? his height/  blue eyes and perfect teeth (he never had braces) 

@breweber2010 I've taken my ring off as well, the swelling pop's up randomly and I don't want it to get stuck
    @leprechaunlady DH's bday dinner sounded amazing, glad you guys had a good time :) 
    @valerie4786 good luck at the glucose test!
    @ponyoisfun in canada and we drink the glucose and then 1 hour later blood is drawn. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 16th/ 26w+5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): bunny

Upcoming appointments: Just had an appointment (belly check) today and GTT (1hr).  Next appointment 11/1

How are you feeling?: tired.  I'm a medical resident on an ICU type service and it's about 75-80 hours a week with only one day off.  Not every rotation is like this, and I'm bold and just grab a chair now lol.  My legs and feet are starting to hurt more and I always have to pee.  I still feel like I got let off pretty easy though as any symptoms haven't really interfered with work (nausea, etc).  I just got a body pillow though and it is helping sleep a lot.  I started to get hip and shoulder pain with lots of tossing and turning and it's now greatly improved.  

Raves/Rants: sort of as above, I would love two days off a week (granted this is what I signed up for lol, and it doesn't really have to do with pregnancy).  I hate the constant feeling of needing to pee, even when a lot doesn't come out.  I feel so fortunate that thus far my pregnancy has been uneventful, but half the time I feel like I'm missing things or not asking enough questions.

Questions: anyone else working crazy hours and just living that life? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His smile. 
  • Options
    @vans42 Omg, that is such a long work day!  I certainly don't have weeks like that.  I am on my feet almost all of the time and that is super draining.  I can't imagine what it is like for you.

• Options
    @ponyoisfun lol yeah it's a bummer, tiring at times but at least it makes the time go by fast.  
  • Options
    I dont know how you ladies do it, being on your feet all day! I was walking about for a few hours today & really struggled towards the end! I would definitely have to finish up earlier than anticipated for mat leave if i was on my feet all day! very grateful for my mostly desk job with a site visit & meeting thrown in here & there!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 1st/ 29 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming appointments: ob next week

How are you feeling? 
    Good. I had a pedicure yesterday and it was a great decision. Though I have a hang nail on my big toe that hurts.

Raves/Rants: baby has started really given'er to my bladder and I'm just waiting for it to turn into me peeing uncontrollably. It scared me a few times.

Questions: anyone else sweating through their underwear like it's a job? Sorry for the tmi

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His arms and traps