May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 10/14

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

Re: PGAL Check In 10/14

• Options
    9+2/16 May/2 living

2. Previous loss(es)?
    MC June 17, 2 CP 201

Emotionally... I have a lot of anxiety over my progesterone levels but I know it is what it is and am trying to let it go. When we switched from oral to vaginal last week my numbers went from 24 to 19. The nurse told me if I wanted to do anymore checks in the next to weeks to just come by and we can run labs if that helps. Mostly I think i just want to see baby or hear a heartbeat in two weeks. Physically... the nausea is better with the pills but I threw my back out Saturday and am pretty miserable. Maybe my body is getting used to the progesterone because the side effects are a little less which also just makes me worry that it’s not working. Which isn’t rational. 

Next appointment is 28 October

Not now. Maybe later. 

No. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I'm sorry you are struggling with your progesterone levels. I'm sure you know this as they likely told you - but just in case they didn't... when you take vaginal progesterone the blood levels do not always accurately reflect what your uterus is receiving vs. what your blood levels show since it is more of a direct source to the uterus, if that makes sense. I've even heard that some RE's do not check progesterone levels when patients are on vaginal progesterone because it isn't accurate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  9+4, May 14, DD is almost 3

2. Previous loss(es)? November 2015 BO/MMC

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Pretty good, our ultrasound was much better than my loss ultrasound so that was reassuring. I am still nervous about something happening even though we've seen a HB already.

4. Any appointment updates? Did the Glucose screening this morning, next OB is Oct 28 where they will do the doppler. If they cannot find anything they will pull up the bedside ultrasound. I'm thankful that I will have that reassurance at that appointment.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Every October my local Share group puts on a walk at our local wildlife sanctuary. I've been doing it every year since my loss. Now this year they switched it up and it is at a local park with no walk. Just some family friendly activities. It sort of bums me out. There are some trails at this park so I guess I can do a walk on my own anyway, but water levels have been high so the trails could be flooded in some spots.

6. Any milestones coming up? I've passed my milestone by actually having a baby in the sac. However with my loss I started spotting on October 31 and miscarried on November 8, so I think once I pass those specific dates I will feel better.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited October 2019
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9+4/May 14th/TTM

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 CP's, 2 MMC's and 1 BO/MMC.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling pretty good emotionally since my US last week. Both babies are measuring ahead, which has never happened to me before and seems like a good sign. Physically, I'm still tired and morning sickness seems to have hit a bit harder. But it's more like feeling hung over w/o vomiting, so I can't complain too much.

4. Any appointment updates? I was released from my OB last week. Both babies looked great! I see my OB this Thursday. I'm not sure if she'll do an US or now. I'm guessing she will because it's a pregnancy confirmation appt and they can bill for it, so why not? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? At the end of my last appt, a different RE than I usually see told me to keep taking my meds. I told her I was only supposed to take them until the 10th (I wrote the date down and double checked). She reviewed my chart again and told me no, I need to be on progesterone/estrogen until the 17th. So luckily I didn't miss any doses, but OMG, seriously? After all I've done yo get pregnant, I can't believe they screwed up on the end date for my meds. The new date makes way more sense because 9 weeks seems a little on the early side to stop. I didn't miss any doses, so oh well I guess. Although I did have to pay $30 in shipping to have more delivered the next day (a Saturday). 😡

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope, I passed them all!

ETA: rant
  • Options
    @rachelg777 no I didn’t know that actually. I just talked to the nurse not my OB. That helps actually. 

@m6agua I hope you get the ultrasound sneak peek. 

@ruby696 oh that is super annoying but I’m so glad you got it straight and didn’t run out of meds. 
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10 weeks, due May 11, FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? BO July 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? some days are good some days are bad, I cry on the bad days, mostly extreme exhaustion, in part caused by insomnia or lack of sleep due to horrible indigestion

4. Any appointment updates? next appointment October 22, this so far is my longest stretch between appointments and sometimes it's hard to keep it together (3 weeks) but starting to actually get excited about the thought of having a baby

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Confession, I still haven't told anyone.

6. Any milestones coming up? Not really, but my mom recently had an accident and I'm gonna send flowers and a get well card and was thinking of including something in the note about how she has to heal so she can come visit her new grandchild in May.  I just can't seem to bring myself to say anything when we are on the phone!?!  I had really wanted to tell her in person but I really only see her like once a year.
  • Options
    Also I think we should add a fun GTKY type question to this thread each week.
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited October 2019
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10w/May11/ DS1 is 3 in Nov and DS2 is 16mos

2. Previous loss(es)? 1CP & 1MMC in Feb ‘19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Nausea is still lingering but it’s easing up. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with feeling better.  

4. Any appointment updates? Friday appt went great. Such a relief. My next is Oct 30 and that will be my first prenatal appointment. Kind of dreading it because they said that’s a long appt and I know my boys won’t want to be patient. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope. I haven’t told anyone I’m pregnant either. The only people that know are my bmbs, my husband, and my OB. I think my sister suspects though. She always sniffs me out. 

6. Any milestones coming up? We passed the biggest one, which was finding a heartbeat on Fri. Now I’m just looking forward to moving forward and hopefully having a successful pregnancy/ healthy rainbow baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8 week/ May 25th/ 1 DD Almost 3

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 MMCs at 9 weeks 2015, 1 CP Dec 2018

I feel really nauseous, fatigued and useless. But emotionally excited that I am having lot of symptoms (blessing in disguise I guess). I didn’t feel like this for any of my previous pregnancies. Starting to get anxious about my appt tomorrow.

4. Any appointment updates? My OB intake is tomorrow. I’ll get another peek at the babe, hopefully everything is still looking good. 6w4d everything was great and heard the HB. FX we continue on a good path.

None right now...want to get through tomorrow.

gotta get past 9 weeks!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @pirateduck I almost did today! But I hesitated. Post one now and we can all answer it anyway?
  • Options
    GTKY:  What is your favorite Halloween costume you have ever worn?
  • Options
    I like the ones we make... I’m not a huge Halloween person but we’ve done Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse and my oldest as Pluto before. It was a pretty good one. 
  • Options
    I like the ones we make... I’m not a huge Halloween person but we’ve done Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse and my oldest as Pluto before. It was a pretty good one. 
    Do you usually do a group theme?  I'm not huge on Halloween as an adult, but my mom used to always make my brother and I costumes as kids.  We never had a store bought costume.  It was fun deciding what we wanted to be and then figuring out how to make it happen.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick as it goes, the first year my brother and I were to go trick or treating I was Minnie and he was Mickey, however he fell asleep at dinner and never made it out with me!  
  • Options
    Oooo! I love Halloween and I can’t choose a favorite so I’m posting pictures! My favorites are also the ones I end up making.

Juno & Bleeker from “Juno”
    Sam from “Trick r Treat”
    Kick Ass & Hit Girl from “Kick Ass”
    Rainbow Brite and Twink
    Smidge, Poppy, & Branch from “Trolls”

TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua I totally forgot about Twink!  Cute.
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm glad your glucose screen went well! 

@ruby696 wow that's so frustrating about your meds! Thank goodness it all worked out okay.

@pirateduck I think that's a cute way of telling your mom, I also wish I could tell people in person but we don't live by any family so it's hard.

@queenklau FX for a great appointment today!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9+5, 5/14, 1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? 11 weeks prior to DS

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? The sickness has really hit hard again the last few days but so far today it is a little better. Emotionally I'm okay, just trying to be positive and not dwell that anything bad could happen.

4. Any appointment updates? Blood work this week and next OB on 10/30

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We are going to FL for a wedding this weekend. It will be a quick trip as we will only be there like 1.5 days. I have no idea what to wear that I will actually feel cute in, a giant bag?  Also, with my previous loss when we found out the baby measured 10+2, which happens to fall on this Saturday. So at least we will be busy but you can bet I'm bringing my doppler along. My IL's also live in FL so we will see them so I'm a little nervous about telling them right around that time but we don't have many chances so it is what it is.

6. Any milestones coming up? Need to get through 11 weeks, I'll feel a lot better if our 12 week ultrasound goes well

7. GTKY: 
    What is your favorite Halloween costume you have ever worn? My twin sister and I were Thing 1 and Thing 2 in college and that was really fun and comfy.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I totally snorted at your giant bag comment. I feel the same way. I have no idea how the people I work with haven't noticed.  Have a good time in FL!
  • Options
    @rachelg777 @ruby696 Yes to clothes being uncomfortable and not flattering. Like I want to wear form fitting clothes, because that is what I feel most comfortable in, but being early and not telling people yet I don't want to give it away either. So its just baggy clothes for now.  @rachelg777 I hope your trip goes well!

@pirateduck It was always my dream to do Rainbow Brite and Twink costumes! I'm pretty excited too because I should be able to reuse it for this LO next year since it is basically a large fluffy sac!

@queenklau I hope your appointment goes well today!

@Austenista I'm pretty sure the long first appointment is because they do the pap and STI screenings along with going over how things will go and blood work. I hope it isn't to bad with the LO's.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 11+2/May 3rd/1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC April 19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I had my NT ultrasound today and seeing that baby hop around inside me... Well I just can't wipe the smile off my face. Now if babes would just let me eat normally everything would be perfect.

4. Any appointment updates? Just a regular check up in a month

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm exactly a month away from my empty due date and as it gets closer it's hard to reconcile the joy I have today with the pain of that loss
  • Options
    @pirateduck we’ve done family costumes every year so far. It just depends on whether my oldest agrees to “dress up.” So far he hasn’t made it trick or treating once because he refuses to dress up for actual Halloween 😂. So his first Halloween he was Mike Wozowski from Monsters Inc but we didn’t dress up because I think it’s cheating to go trick or treating with a two month old 😂 The next year MH was Buzz, I was Jessie and DS1 was Woody from Toy Story. Then Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Last year we were going as the Paw Patrol, MH was Chase, I was Skye, DS1 was Rubble, DS2 was Rocky but DS1 didn’t want to go trick or treating and when we did the Halloween event at MH’s work, he would only dress as Skye. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    This year DS2 is supposed to be Buzz Lightyear and DS2, MH and I will all be the aliens. We’ll see if anyone wants to actually dress up this year. 😂
  • Options
    @rachelg777 we were supposed to go to a wedding in Oklahoma last weekend but skipped out because my ILs were being ridiculous and MH’s job really didn’t want to approve his time off until the last minute because this month is a transition month. I was super glad I didn’t have to come up with something appropriate to wear for an outdoor wedding where the temp dropped to 44°, didn’t show my bloat and we were expected to dress up and sit on hay bales. 😐 So anyway, I understand your dilemma. I hope you find something great to wear that you are comfortable in. 

@m6agua I think Twink and Rainbow Brite are my favorites! That’s so fun!

@queenklau good luck today!
  • Options
    @emlettuce I’m so glad you had a good ultrasound. Hugs. 
  • Options
    @emlettuce Oh I'm so glad your NT went well! I'm sorry for your approaching anniversary. Just know it's okay to be happy while you're sad. ❤
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick oh man skipping that sounds like a huge relief! Luckily I think I can count on it being relatively warm... I’m going to see if I can muster up the energy to drag DS to the store tonight. Wish me luck!  :D
  • Options
    @pirateduck that’s great! Can’t wait to hear your mom’s reaction too. Does it feel a little more real now?
  • Options
    All, ultrasound went great 8w1d! gummy bear looking cute.

@pirateduck, we also told a few more people after the u/s. Immediate family (parents and siblings) and a few close friends know. I am excited, and don’t care! Maybe PGAL brain will hit me later, but for now I am  excited. 

@mdfarmchick, I don’t really want to attend any functions or events this month. It’s better to keep it light these next few weeks. I don’t know how some of the ladies do it, weddings/bachelorette parties during first Trimester. I can barely function during the day.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @pirateduck that's exciting I'm looking forward to hearing about your mom's surprise. I was so excited when we told my mom she was so happy. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck that’s so cute! I hope she loves it. 

11+2, May 4, one DD

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    neonatal loss February ‘19

better on both counts. We told our 4.5 year old daughter last night because I’m really starting to show. Her response: “I guess that means I don’t get a horse...damn it!” She is so excited, so I’m trying to be positive even if it’s only for today. 

Ultrasound next Wednesday, totally elective before we go to NC next week. 
    Intake appointment 10/30...3 hour appointment uggghhhhh

Why do men fart so much?

Nope
  • Options
    @ieles2531 no horse!  That made me smile.  And I have to say in pregnancy I am the farter
    in the house  :D
  • Options
    @ieles2531 Ha! Your daughter sounds like my kind of kid - lots of personality! 😁
  • Options
    Today I start weaning off progesterone.  I am nervous.  The nurse said to call if I experience any spotting.  I don’t want to go down that road.
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited October 2019
    @pirateduck I start tomorrow and I'm also nervous. Good luck! 

Eta: spelling
  • Options
    @pirateduck I hope you don’t spot simply for peace of mind. With DD I was on progesterone until 10 weeks and I had two days of very light spotting. Freaked me out but NBD. 

@ruby696 we told her that if we did not have another baby we would look into getting her a horse, so that’s partially our fault. She certainly does have a big personality...honestly I’m a little nervous that this baby will be overshadowed if he’s more laid back, especially because he will be five years younger. 
  • Options
    @ieles2531 I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and quitting progesterone cold turkey, so thanks for the heads up. We also told DD she could start horseback riding lessons when she turned 5. With twins, that's not happening. Luckily she's only three so I'm hoping she forgets. 😬
  • Options
    @ruby696 @pirateduck I am starting the wean of progesterone today too.  :D  I'm debating back and forth because my OB said I could either quit cold turkey or wean over a week if that's helps my peace of mind. I want to wean but also I'm taking a plane on Friday morning so it would much easier if i didn't need to bring any of the suppositories since they have to be cold, etc. Anyway, good luck and hope the transition is physically and emotionally smooth for both of you! 
  • Options
    @rachelg777 that sounds annoying.  I have the tablets so no refrigeration required.  If your doctor is not worried about you going cold turkey then perhaps you should not worry either.
  • Options
    Can I just say I’m a little jealous of the ladies weaning off? The progesterone side effects are so awful over here that I don’t know what I would do if I had to drive to work and home everyday. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I don’t mean to complain, because I really want this baby. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick Complain all you want. Suppositories are a total pain and I can't wait to be done. It's been especially fun since I have a cough...