Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 10/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 10/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 So happy you had a good sister's weekend!!!!!! Also, I want oreo cheesecake bars now!!

@bows22 Friend, I am 1000% with you on this cycle. Even before we realized we had to be out for this one, my heart was not in this one. Maybe we'll feel better post Monday appointments? (Mine is with my OB-GYN, but still about IF). 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Morning all!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: opk, prenatals, tracking cf (going to add temping/bbt next cycle should there be one)

R/R: I have to study for my licensure exam Wednesday and do a lot of work for my PT job today and tomorrow which is going to be not the most fun. My exam is beyond dry and my PT work is usually great but I'm in crunch time now. Also my stomach hurts and I haven't ovulated yet which is making me do dumb Dr. Google things. On the plus side, I have a pair of Rothys en route (the recycled water bottle shoes advertised on fb a lot for those who don't know). I only have 2 pairs (only 1 of which I purchased) but am super pumped for my next pair.

CS/Q: Those of you on FF - it tells you what all the things mean, yes? May move on to that next month but I still struggle with acronyms in here lol.

@mvt2003 /everyone feeling gloomy: Sorry for the blues, here's hoping for something positive to brighten your days!

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo oh no! I'm so sorry you're back here. Sending all the hugs. 

@mvt2003 sorry you're out for a cycle. Definitely hang out with us in WTO. I'm glad you were able to avoid that trigger at the party. Good luck with your crazy week!

@bluetickgal glad you had a nice quiet weekend. I hope this work week goes by quickly for you!
  • Options
    @pocketrose - I splurged for the full membership of FF so that it would explain all the things to me. The paid version has a detailed interpretation that the free version doesn't. You could always start with the free version and see how you like it before jumping for the paid version.

@bluetickgal & @inthewoods23 - Is it weird to say that I'm happy to be back? I loooooooved my BMB, but at least I feel comfortable coming back here since it's where I started. It's bittersweet, but you get your bog monster back.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    I most likely will next cycle @ttcbabyodo, thanks for the insight. Related - is it weird to ask my neighbor who I know did temping/bbt to borrow hers that she no longer needs? We're friendly enough that DH and I go over there for dinner on occasion/invite them over here for dinner parties but her husband is much more extroverted than her/she's a bit quiet. DH and I somehow only have a mercury thermometer (old school I suppose) and I am a fan of the sharing economy/not buying things/am frequently on my neighborhood buy nothing group most giving away stuff but also getting a few things.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 sorry your cycle is also frustrating. I hope your O is just late and it isn't an an-O cycle.

@pocketrose I think you get a free trial of the full version when you sign up for FF. I'm currently using the free version but I've been contemplating upgrading. It's definitely super helpful. 
  • Options
    Oh no @ttcbabyodo I'm so sorry to see you back here! So many creepy internet stranger hugs!!!! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    edited October 2019

@bows22 I’m sorry you’re not feeling into it this cycle. I hope you feel better soon!

@gingermama29 that sounds delicious! Enjoy your day off! 

@ttcbabyodo I am so so sorry to have you back here. Glad you are feeling comfortable back here though! Sending you thoughts of love and healing! ♥️

@mvt2003 man, that’s frustrating. I’m sorry:/ I would do whatever your comfortable with! I don’t think anyone will mind, whatever you decide to do this cycle. 

@bluetickgal what is the rhr line for? I like the VIP version, but I guess I always hold out on buying it “just in case” 🙄 I hope you have a quick week!

@inthewoods23 how frustrating! I had a long cycle like that a couple of cycles ago and was soo annoyed. 

@pocketrose GL with your test! The Rothys are cute! I thought they are kind of expensive for flats, but it’s cool that they’re recycled!

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, maca, SMEP

R/R: We had a pretty good weekend. We didn’t have time to do much since I worked and my husband hunted most of the day yesterday. My house is always such a mess when I’m gone, so cleaning is on the agenda today. Getting ready to start SMEP in 2 days, so I need to get pumped too. 

CS/Q: not much to see yet. 

• Options
    @gingermama29 what an annoying cycle. I hope O is coming since you have some more fertile CM. But I’m glad sister time went well and that you had a fun weekend! Enjoy your day off!

@ttcbabyodo I was so devastated to see your post last week. I hate that you’re back here ❤️

@mvt2003 that was really nice of your friend, as long as now she backs off until you decide to go to her, even if that’s never! I think hanging out here makes sense if you have zero timing in but I also think whatever you do is fine! 

@bluetickgal good luck with your full week of work! Non-exciting weekends can be as amazing as exciting ones haha. 

@inthewoods23 I hope you get a surprise dark OPK soon!

@pocketrose if you follow FF on twitter they will have discounts on the VIP version. At least they used to! I made a fake twitter account so I could follow them without anyone knowing. 

@photographerwife I hope you have a productive day!
  • Options
    @bows22 right there with you. If we don’t have a miracle baby this cycle I think we’ll take a few months off.
    @ttcbabyodo ugh. I wish neither of us were here.  How are you coping? And I agree. This board is the silver lining to a crappy situation 
    @gingermama29 my cycles were doing that last year. So frustrating. I’m sorry you are dealing with this 
    @pocketrose I’ve been wanting to try those! I just hate that I can’t try them on. 
    @mv@mvt2003 I’m glad it sounds like things are moving forward even if it means you have to sit out... maybe you’ll O late? Lol here’s to hoping. 
    @bl@bluetickgal down weekends are the best. I tend to over schedule 

• Options
    @inthewoods23 ugh, sorry your OPK’s still aren’t darkening! Hopefully they do soon! Sounds like you had a very nice weekend! And I hope this week flies by so you can get to your road trip this weekend! 

@pocketrose hope studying is going well and you feel prepared by Wednesday! I feel like FF does a pretty good job of explaining what everything means, they even have some tutorials you can use. I used the free version for a year and a half, and it was still really helpful! I’d say start out with that and see how you like it! I’d probably just spring for a new BBT, but that’s me. If you feel comfortable asking, go for it...but it could be a bit awkward if she temped vaginally. 

@gingermama29 thanks, it’s going quickly so far! Hope you are enjoying your day off!! 

@ttcbabyodo I get that, and I’m glad you had this “home” to come back to! *TW - I wasn’t on here for my first loss and I definitely could have used the community/support. It helped being able to come back here after my second loss (even though I was only gone for a few days). End TW* We have definitely missed our resident Bog Monster! 

@photographerwife I stayed with the free version “just in case” for a year and a half, so I figured it was time to just upgrade! Lol. RHR (resting heart rate) is supposed to somewhat coincide with temps, so it’s just another measure to confirm O. Since I don’t do OPK’s, I figured it would be nice to have another piece of data to compare. I’ve been observing it on my FitBit app for a while, but it’s nice to see it on the same chart. Hope you have a good day cleaning and don’t have to work too hard! 

@bows22 thanks! Haha, true...non-exciting weekends can be some of the best! It was/is cool here, so that meant sweatpants and blankets...which my kitties thoroughly enjoyed!! They got in all the cuddles to make up for us not being here last week! 🐱

@whatsbumpinpumpkin ugh, sorry for the crappy Monday!! I hope your day gets better! 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal Good point. Maybe I'll just buy a non mercury one since DH and I should probably have one anyway.

@whatsbumpinpumpkin They've got a VERY easy return policy. Generally most of the shoes are a half size too small so you just size up with the points being a full size smaller. I'm an 8.5 street size and have a 9.5 in points that fits great.
  • Options
    @bluetickgal oh cool! I’ll have to see if I can hook my Apple Watch to it. I do like all of the extras with VIP. 
  • Options
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin - I go back and forth. I woke up this morning ready to take on the day, which I did by doing a bunch of grad school work and research for my thesis. It's due in about a month, and I have to fly to Chicago in December to present it, so I'm happy to be making progress on it. Also, last night I had oysters and wine at dinner, so that was a nice perk of no longer being pregnant, so there's that. The hardest part has been resetting my TTC apps (FF & Flo, and uninstalling Ovia), and randomly hiding ads on FB, and *TW* researching what to expect of my body post-loss, i.e., how long it'll take my HCG levels to return to normal, how to take care of myself given what my body is going through, hormonal ups & downs, when we can begin TTC again, etc. *End TW*

@bluetickgal - I gotta say, it's a good time of year to be a bog monster. Bring on the peggies! I'm hungry! LOL

• Options
    lurking from TWW.... @ttcbabyodo you're back??? Noooooo!!!!! I am so very sorry, love. ugh :( 

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin ugh that does sound like a sucky day. I was annoyed for you just reading about it. I hope it got less sucky 
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited October 2019
    @bows22 - def don’t beat yourself up about not consistently temping, it can get grueling and taking a mental break from it can be a good thing. 

@ttcbabyodo - I’m brand new here but sorry you’re back. I’ve been there and it’s so hard  :'(

@mvt2003 - I’m not sure how things are done now, but I know there used to be a benched check-in. You could always hang there plus in randoms this cycle? And I’m sorry the timing of testing didn’t work out for you this month, that has got to be so frustrating. 

@bluetickgal - a relaxing weekend at home sounds amazing! 

@inthewoods23 - wanna share that recipe? I l’m always looking for new dinners to make! 

@pocketrose - boo to the exam (I freaking hate exams) but hooray to the Rothy’s! I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on a pair, I feel like they’re kind of a splurge and I want a “reason” to buy them. Plusssss there’s like 5896 patterns/colors I like and how’s a girl supposed to decide on one?? 

@photographerwife - idk what it says about me, but I love a good cleaning day, ha. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin are you in New England? The colors are so awesome right now. I’m sorry you had a shitty day, hopefully you’ll be able to get in some leaf-peeping soon! 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, temping & charting in FF, HIO eod 

R/R: DH took off a couple days at the end of last week, plus had today off and it. was. glorious. We rarely have time when both of us are home for extended periods, and we got so much done. Can we just hit the lottery so he can stay home forever, plz? Kthanx.

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @kmalls - no worries! I was a newbie here back in May. Got KU in August, and am back now. It is what it is. I'm happy to share my journey with this great group of women. 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo You are an effing super hero... I remember how stressful it was defending my master's thesis, and I seriously don't think I could do it on top of TTC, let alone TTCAL. 

Sending love and good vibes everyone's way  <3
  • Options
    @kmalls I shared a link to it in the cooking thread!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    **Lurking from TWW**  @ttcbabyodo I'm so very sorry to see you back here.  Lots of hugs and pints of ice cream (& wine) your way  <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3