Marginal Previa at 18 week scan — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Marginal Previa at 18 week scan

I just got the results from my 18 week (gender reveal) scan and found out I have a marginal previa and may have to have a C-section. Anyone with experience with marginal/full placenta previa - advice/insights would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Marginal Previa at 18 week scan

• I had a low lying placenta with my oldest at 18weeks, rechecked at 28weeks and it had resolved itself.
    ME: 32  DH: 32 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    Malidocious
  • I had that with my first and it moved up by my 32 week scan. My OB said it does in like 98% of cases. It’s more common than you’d think. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 30
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS born on 3/2/17
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)
    Malidocious
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you found this out, hopefully it resolves and all is ok.  This is why it's the 20 week anatomy scan is just that - to find out if there are any arising issues with the baby - not a gender scan.  
    Malidocious
  • As others have said, the vast majority of marginal previa will resolve itself by third tri. That being said, I am now almost 37w and mine did not resolve. Your doctor can tell you the risks associated with a vaginal birth depending on how low your placenta actually is. 
    Malidocious