Pregnant After Infertility (PAIF) - October — The Bump
June 2020 Moms

Pregnant After Infertility (PAIF) - October

2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
edited October 6 in June 2020 Moms
For those who went through fertility treatments to achieve this pregnancy.

ETA: An idea for structure for this thread. Totally open to change.

EDD/How far along are you:

IF Diagnosis:

What did it take to get here:

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Pregnant After Infertility (PAIF) - October

  • EDD/How far along are you:
    June 4/5, 2020

    IF Diagnosis:
    Bilateral hydrosalpinx, due to adhesions after surgeries

    What did it take to get here:
    I have UC (ulcerative colitis) and had my colon removed in July of 2017 and had an ostomy bag.  In December of 2017 I had the ileostomy reversed and a j-pouch created. Those two surgeries left me with adhesions that are completely blocking my tubes. In December of 2018 I had surgery to remove the Fallopian tubes, but they were too stuck in scar tissue and had to be clipped instead. Then in the spring of 2019 we began the IVF process and I’m now almost 6 weeks pregnant! 

    Is anyone else managing a chronic condition while pregnant? This is my first pregnancy with my j-pouch, so it will be different than my pregnancy with my son (who was conceived naturally). 
  • EDD/How far along are you:
    June 12, 2020 (4w4d)

    IF Diagnosis:
    Septate Uterus (corrected) and MFI

    What did it take to get here:
    We had an IVF cycle in January 2018 and had two 3-day embryos and two 5-day embryos.  We did a fresh transfer in February 2018 with a 3-day (failed) and a FET in March 2018 which resulted in our son.  Unfortunately, my remaining embryos were lost in a malfunction so we had to do another IVF cycle in July.  This time we ended up with five 5-day embryos.  We did a FET at the end of September and here we are!

    None that I can think of right now!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

    October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

    June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188
    November/December 2019 - FET #2
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! My due date is June 4th - 6.weeks tomorrow! 

    My husband and I started trying for our first in April 2015. Around August 2016, I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx of my left tube...right remains inconclusive. We had a CP right after my HSG in Nov. 2016 (BFP on election night, of all things!!), which prompted us to keep trying naturally for some time. 

    In August 2018, we had an IVF consult in town, and our new doc recommended laparoscopic surgery to look at and potentially remove my left tube. It was removed two months later, and by last Dec we were looking into Invocell IVF in Chicago (the nearest clinic to us that did it at that time, about 6 hours by car). 

    Fate had other plans, and by the end of August 2019 we were all signed up with the same local clinic to do Invocell here in Minneapolis instead. We're among the first handful of people to try it locally! Everything went great, and we ended up with 3 eggs that resulted in 2 five day embryos. And here I am! :) 

    Very excited to be here and admittedly, 4.5 years of infertility has left me a little challenged...doing my very best to celebrate each day and be grateful for my pregnancy as well as the amazing support around us. <3
  • @hanshotfirst77 Yay!  FX for you.  I havent posted on TTGP in a few months, but was lurking and routing for you. 
  • @kerco925 Thank you! I had wondered what happened to you, so happy to see you here!

    TTC#1 - March 2013

    BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

    TTC#2 November 2015

    Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

    Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

    Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

    "She believed she could so she did..."

    Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

    Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

    Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

    Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

    Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

    Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

    Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

    But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

    IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

    ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

    Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

    FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - 

  • EDD 6/24/20

    My husband has cystic fibrosis so we deal with male factor infertility.

    This is baby #2.  Back in 2014 we successfully transferred an embryo that resulted in our now-4 year old daughter and froze 7 embryos.  We wanted to have another much, much sooner but couldn't even consider it given how much money our IVF loan was.  We toyed with the idea of a fall transfer this year after paying the loan off in August and then my husband got a new job with IVF coverage.  Decision made and here we are!  We transferred a hatching BA embryo 10/7, 5 years after transferring our dd.

    I'm cautiously excited here - my beta is Friday - and happy to be joining you all!

    BabyFruit Ticker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards