January 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in 9/25

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself?

Re: PGAL Check-in 9/25

• 1. How many weeks are you? 26 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)?  9/18 and 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am feeling pretty good to be honest. My loss date was 21.9 "when everything started" and lasted about a week. I am doing very well in regards to that to be honest. If I wasn't pregnant now or so far along I think it would be hitting me very hard. My due date in May was pretty difficult since I had a cousin who had a due date a week a part from mine and she has her baby and I didn't at the time (though I was pregnant, so again took it easier). 

4. Any appointment updates? had my doula come over last night for a visit with DH and I, next one would be at the end of november. Next midwife apt is mid october

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I just had my teeth cleaned I'm in so much pain hahah, I know they are more sensitive when pregnant and I then go every 3 months, but wow I could cry

6. Any milestones coming up? hitting the 3rd trimester soon will be one :)

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself? I'm pretty happy with myself, appearance wise if I could keep on some weight that would be better, I've always wanted a bit longer legs since I have a very long torso so it's kind of unbalanced ahahaa, personality wise I would like to become a better listener, maybe more empathetic 
  • FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited September 2019
    1. How many weeks are you? 22w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I want my body back. I want my energy. My emotional control. My curves. My sexy tops. The ability to eat until full without throwing up and/or getting heartburn. I miss sleeping through the night. *sigh* The heat came back and I'm utterly miserable. I'm so over 97 degree days!

4. Any appointment updates? Everything went fine at my last appt. Blood pressure was great, urine looked good. I gained a pound, making my total 7/15-20 I'm allowed to gain. I'm wondering if that's why I feel like I'm not showing as much. Overall, I've lost weight, not gained it. Next OB on Oct 22, and then we start weekly growth scans. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I got my portion for my OB. It is 415. I was worried because my deductible is 2K. They deliberately wait until the hospital has billed to bill the insurance so the hospital covers the deductible. The hospital will set up a payment plan, so I'm groovy there. I think I surprised everyone by being relieved. I was expecting to pay 2100 + the hospital + any unexpected stuffs. I will qualify for emergency medicaid at that point, so we'll see how much I actually have to pay! (My contract ends Dec 31, and I'll pay for one months COBRA)

6. Any milestones coming up? Viability minus 1w2d.

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself? Honestly, nothing. I feel like to change anyone thing, I'd be changing all of me. I love being curvy, but I wish there were a bit less of me. I was 30lbs from my goal when I became pregnant, so I'm not worried about that. 

EDIT - I sometimes wish my arms were proportionate to my body. I seriously have T-Rex arms. It's a huge joke to my family. Ideally, your wingspan should equal your height. Mine is 66". I'm 71" tall. My partner laughs every time I try to reach something on a shelf, and can't, so he has to get it for me. He's THREE INCHES SHORTER THAN ME!!!! On the other hand, I have a 36" inseam and a really long neck and this awesome curvy your-Irish-roots-are-showing body. I can live with short arms.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 23 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 7/2013

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  My emotions are all over the place.  One minute I feel good and like I have a handle on life, the next I am weepy or stressed out about everything we have on our plates.  I am not as patient with the kids as I typically am, which sucks.  Especially now at the beginning of the school year, because they are also overtired and overbusy, so they need me to be calm.  Physically the heartburn has come on strong.   I am feeling movement a ton, which I love. 

4. Any appointment updates? Because I am 41, I am going to start getting ultrasounds once a month.   My next appt is Oct 15th - it will be ultrasound and then regular appt.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Why is the name thing so hard for me this time around???  I used to like boys names, before I found out this one was a boy.  Now I feel stuck.  We are considering the name Stefano.  My dad was Steven. 

6. Any milestones coming up?  Viability is next.  

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself?  I wish I could stress less about things/relinquish control a little bit.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @MollySm names have been so hard for us too.

1. How many weeks are you? 23w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally ok. Seeing improvement with baby girl every growth scan really helps with my sanity. The closer we get to viability helps as well. Physically, I’m pretty much done 😆.

4. Any appointment updates? Blood flow check on Monday, growth scan on the 8th

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m getting my hair done today and I’m pretty excited about it. Finally time to cover all these grey hairs! 

6. Any milestones coming up? Viability in 6 days 🙌

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself? Have more patience
  • @MollySm, I am struggling with names, too. We came up with one we liked, and I went off it about 2 weeks later. Right now, totally to my shock, I really want to name him after SO. I just LOVE how solid his name is. DS1 has a solid, strong name, too, and I feel like I owe it to DS2 to have a name he can grow into and wear well. I thought SO would agree, but he's looking at me like...You like my name THAT much??? YES!!!!!!
  • @MollySm We are still stuck on a boy's middle name but honestly haven't even really thought about it for a while. Just too much other stuff going on and we feel at an impasse. One day. Luckily there is still a bit of time!

@kbrown2385 you reminded me to make a hair appointment. I now have one for next week. Super excited!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I have a dental cleaning next week. You are not making me excited for it....

1. How many weeks are you? 22  + 5

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Doing actually a lot better emotionally. School started for me yesterday and it's been busy so not really any time to think about other things. Also I have a plan in place in case I do have complications so that makes me feel more in control. Physically I'm super tired at the moment. All the standing and teaching just makes me mentally and physically exhausted. Not sure how I'm going to manage the whole term except with lots of tea!

4. Any appointment updates? 24 week appointment Oct. 9. I will get to meet my new OB in person which should be nice!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Flooring is in in the nursery and the house is painted. So excited and I think it turned out really well so I'm stoked. This weekend we are putting on the baseboards so we can put furniture in there. My mom surprised us by refinishing this rocking chair they had in a grey stain and it came out beautifully. DH (who really didn't want this rocker at first) now won't get out of it lol! My parents offered to come back in a couple of months and help us with more things and it has just been really nice to feel the support they give!

6. Any milestones coming up? The much anticipated viability at 24 weeks

7. GTKY: What is one thing you would change about yourself? I've worked too hard to be happy with the nerd that I am to try and change myself! Of course it would be nice to learn how to say no more often ;)
  • @kbrown2385 doing my hair today too! Cut and low lights finally, I’m sitting here with the dye in now :smile: hope yours goes well

@biolprof that’s really great your mom did the chair for you and that they can help you out !

• @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’m happy to not have anymore grey hairs lol. Hope yours turned out well!

@biolprof enjoy getting your hair done next week! Doing anything fun to it?
  • @kbrown2385 nah I am simpleton. I like it short and wash and wear lol. I hate having to do my hair but I want it to look okay without any effort. Maybe one day I'll be adventurous and put some dye in it ;)
  • @biolprof I’d love to have wash and wear hair. If I don’t put it up I look like I have a lions mane. I have to spend an hour+ and straighten it to make it manageable enough to wear down. I’m hoping baby girl gets dh’s hair gene lol. 
  • @kbrown2385, my hair is so straight and fine, half the time, I don't even have to brush it! By letting it dry naturally, I get a little bit of volume and oomph to it. If I brush it out, it just hangs limp.
  • @biolprof wash and wear hair is a far off dream for me hahahah, I have very long and very curly hair, it take's quite some maintenance. When I do straighten it though my hair can last 5-6 day's without even looking greasy haha so that is a blessing. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k at least the effort you put into your hair stays for a while. Mine is so fine that curls always fall out and it gets so greasy so quick... everyone always wants everyone else's hair hah!
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k my hair is only shoulder length now but it’s super thick and curly/wavy. I can go like 4-5 days between washes and it holds a style super well. It is just a pain in the butt to deal with regularly. 
  • FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited September 2019
    @biolprof, have you ever tried to get a perm? My spiral lasted until the first wash and was perfectly straight again. What a waste of money! The funniest part? My sister's hair is the polar opposite of mine, and if she tries to straighten it, her curls are boinging out within a few hours. She used to get so much flack for it in Basic. 😅

Edit - I hate autocorrect 
  • @FyreFlyeRush nope never done a perm but seriously nothing holds in my hair so I've never been inclined to try for that reason. I did have luck on my wedding with spray starch and the curls lasted most of the day but that was the only time. I think my hair dresser was a magic worker lol!