Group 2(April 9-16) week of 9/23

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants:

Questions: 

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 2(April 9-16) week of 9/23

• EDD/W+D: April 14, 11 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan on 10/7 and next prenatal appointment on 10/15

How are you feeling? Meh. The nausea was terrible this weekend. Better yesterday and today. 

Raves/Rants: Raving about ginger! Got some ginger candy this weekend and it's helping a ton, plus it's delicious. And my husband went out the other night to get a little work done in a coffee shop, and came home with handpacked ginger ice cream. Best husband.

Questions: 

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? There's a beach in Maine that's my favorite spot on Earth. A few days there, with trips to get our favorite doughnuts and ice cream is my ideal vacation.
  • @aresee That ginger ice cream sounds awesome. Glad YH found it. 

EDD/W+D: April 11, 11w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Poker chip

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan on 10/4

How are you feeling? Okay. Still super tired most of the time, but the rest of the symptoms have gotten more intermittent. 

Raves/Rants: Gearing up for a Disney trip over Thanksgiving. Ordered family vacation shirts yesterday. Mine doesn’t quite match due to need for maternity clothes, but it will work. My brother wants us to plan out the fast passes over the next few days, so I’m trying to think of what I want to do (and what I actually can do given the pregnancy).

Questions: 

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? Hawaiian Cruise. It was half honeymoon, half family vacation. DH and I got about 3 days alone and 4 days with my family. Went to Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island. Left from Oahu, which we had already been to because my brother lived there at the time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: April 14, 11 wks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): poker chip

Upcoming Appointments: not till 10/11 for a basic check up

How are you feeling? Mostly ok. Nausea comes and goes, but so much better with the b6/unisom

Raves/Rants: I've been so tired lately and I feel bad for DH since I go to bed at 930 every night!
    I think we're going to do a corn maze this weekend, so that should be fun!

Questions: none

It was technically our honeymoon, but I loved our Napa/San Fran trip. We've talked out going back again one year. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D:  4/16 10w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out! Had my blood drawn for natera panorama yesterday so we should know what team we're on next week!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍓

Upcoming Appointments: my 10 week was yesterday and they went ahead with an early NT scan and everything looked perfect. Baby's little arms and legs were soooo cute. I have another appointment with u/s on 10/11 so that's exciting too :)

How are you feeling? I still have a lot of morning sickness and am so ready for second trimester. On the plus side my migraine finally dulled down to a normal headache late last week.

Raves/Rants: None at the moment

Questions: How much weight has everyone gained so far? I'm at 4 pounds which is much better than my gain last time around. I'm hoping to stay below 30 pounds this time around since I ballooned by 70 pounds with my daughter when I had GD

My honeymoon to Paris!
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fitzandgiggles I’m at about 3 pounds right now. I lost 25 right before I got pregnant, so I’m not anxious to watch the scale go up. I gained about 35 or 40 with DS. Trying to keep it under 30 this time too.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 we can do this! I'm also crying internally as the scale goes up because I had lost 60 pounds since April, officially putting me at 20 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with my daughter in 2017.
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fitzandgiggles Last time I went to the doctor I'd actually lost a couple of pounds because of the morning sickness, and I bet I haven't gained much since then. I gained 40 pounds my first pregnancy and only lost about 30 of it. That wasn't terrible, given my starting weight, but I want to be sure not to let things get out of control this time. But at this point, I'd settle for being excited to eat something. :)
  • EDD/W+D: April 14, 11W today 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out next week!

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout 

Upcoming Appointments: I have a few  appointments in October. NT scan the 7th followed by OB and cardiologist on the 23rd. 

How are you feeling? I think I’m turning a corner. Some nausea and food aversions still but I’m not debilitated by it. 

Raves/Rants: I need people to stop asking me if they can share that I’m pregnant. Unless you plan to carry and push out this baby, you don’t get to share a damn thing before I do. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? We went to Disney Aulani back in March and it was just so amazing. I’ve been to Hawaii a number of times before but this was just above and beyond. I want to go back so bad!

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Rant: The nausea was under control today until a coworker brought her lunch into the office opposite mine. Had to close the door and dig out some mints to make it through.
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 10th or 11th 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out - in fact we'll know by next week. Had my NIPT blood draw this past sunday.

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 

Upcoming Appointments: 10/1- 12w OBGyn check up in the AM(will get to finally measure the HB) and the same evening have the NT scan at a diff clinic (don't ask!). I should just take the day off work that day as i'll be shuttling between appointments and clinics anyways.

How are you feeling? nausea's almost gone, still have some mild food aversions but its manageable. My back has been more sore than usual, it's stiff when i wake up and when I've been sitting for longer periods of time. I have a feeling my back's only going to keep getting worse. 

Raves/Rants: Raves- we are finally telling family and friends this week, so i'm excited about that. I'm also super excited to find out the sex of the baby. It's all getting very real. 

Rants - i keep getting these subtle clues about getting pregnant from my in laws and its honestly pissing me off. We haven't told them or my parents yet, but i think it's draining away my excitement of finally telling them cos they keep asking or nudging about it. I want to scream and say "give me my space and i will give you the happy news". Perhaps its the hormones making me ragy. 

Questions: Need honest opinions from you ladies about this. At my intake appointment, the doctor told me i could choose between the regular first trimester prenatal screening that included the NT + blood test or the NIPT. If i picked the NIPT, i wouldnt get the NT scan and vice-versa. I asked my doctor if it would be possible to do the NIPT and NT as i wanted them both, but she told me there's absolutely no way this is doable.

At that time DH and i picked the first trimester screening because the doctor told us we weren't 35 (i'm 34 though) and hence considered low risk and didn't really need the NIPT. We booked all of our appointments for the b/w and the NT scan. The next day we decided we wanted more information and decided to talk to a genetic counselor. After spending time with the genetic counselor, we decided to go with the NIPT instead. So i had to sit down with the nurse to change my forms from one test to another. The doctor ordered me my harmony kit, and told me she would cancel my other b/w and NT appointment. Now, the NT appointment still shows up in my calendar and i called the clinic and they confirmed my appointment was indeed still on. Should i just go ahead and show up for my NT appointment despite picking the NIPT? Honestly, I would really like to ensure everything looks good at the NT scan if I have this opportunity. Is this wrong? What would you do?

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? It would be Paris. DH and I went there couple of years ago and it was the best vacation ever. The nutella crepes might have had something to do with it.
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14, 11 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming Appointments: NT Scan on Oct 2nd

How are you feeling? Still dealing with serious fatigue, but I think it may be getting a little better this week.

Raves/Rants: I have the busiest week/weekend ahead, but my Mom is flying in and we get to go see Elton John on Friday (we have to drive 3hrs, yuck)! DD's 3rd birthday party is on Sunday. And it is supposed to SNOW this weekend! It better turn to freaking rain, I just can't.

Questions: None

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? We want on an 11 night Mediterranean cruise for our 5th wedding anniversary and it was incredible. We loved every second of it and it was pre-babies so we had so much adult fun!
  • @sanpelligrino If I could do both the NT and the NIPT, I would. I don’t have that option right now, so I picked the NT, so I could get the fold measurement. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @Kathryn0903 you last about an hour later than me, I am usually asleep by 8:30. The fatigue this time around has been brutal. I don't know if it's because I'm mid-30's with a toddler or what, but it has been rough.

@fitzandgiggles I'm up about 4-5 lbs, but I know a lot of it is bloat and constipation. It seems like I always gain 5 lbs instantly as soon as I get a BFP. I only gained 25lbs overall with DD. I'm hoping for the same this time around. I actually gained about 15lbs (Travel and *TW* MC in April) this summer so I am a little sad to be starting at the weight that I am.

@coaster102516 That is annoying, when do you plan to announce?

@mercury94 So jealous of your Disney trip. What is your theme for the shirts?

@aresee I hope the nausea gets better, but yay for ginger ice cream!

• EDD/W+D: 4/14, 11w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out soonish from NIPT

Baby is the size of a(n): Key lime or lego man

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT blood draw and nt scan with MFM next Friday.

How are you feeling? Starting to feel a bit better. Less nausea but some food aversions. Thankfully my aversion to coffee is getting better.

Raves/Rants: We are going to have to sleep train DS (again) over the winter. He generally sleeps through the night but bedtime takes forever and if he does wake up MOTN it's tough getting him back down. And he only wants me at night, which isn't gonna fly when there's a new baby.

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? My ex and I took a lot of long train trips on Amtrak and they were awesome. Our last one through Colorado and Utah was pretty amazing.
  • @doraleigh35 They are Mickey and Minnie shirts with the castle. Mine says Mommy and then has mouse hands around the belly that say “Baby.” I got mine on Etsy. We got the rest on Amazon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino I think I'd probably try to keep the appointment, unless there's a concern about insurance only covering one and not wanting/being able to pay out of pocket. If someone from your practice brings it up that they don't do both, you can always play dumb and say it was a scheduling mistake. :)
  • @mercury94 and @aresee thank you :smile: that's what i'm going to do. I'll show up for my appointment and keep my fingers crossed that insurance doesn't make me pay out of pocket :neutral: If they do and/or my doc brings it up, i'll say i just showed up cos i was reminded of the appointment and didn't know it was a scheduling mistake.
  • @fitzandgiggles I'm pretty sure I haven't gained much with the nausea. I'm finally at a point where I'm getting hungrier, so that may change soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aresee ooh I love ginger! Ginger ice cream sounds so good!
    @mercury94 I haven't been to Disney since I worked there. I miss it so much! :( What parks are you going to? Are you staying on property?
    @Kathryn0903 DH was just telling me how much he loved San Francisco when he visited. I hope I get to go sometime!
    @fitzandgiggles I've gained about 5 pounds so far. So glad that everything looked good with your NT scan!
    @coaster102516 I'm sorry people are being pushy about wanting to share your news. My mom went and told a bunch of her friends without my permission and it really bothered me. People need to learn how to keep secrets and respect boundaries. :(

EDD/W+D: 4/12 - 11+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Hopefully finding out this week.

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout.

Upcoming Appointments: October 3rd

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. I have a background headache though that won't go away though.

Raves/Rants: I'm going crazy waiting on my NIPT results. I just want to know that everything is ok.

Questions: None so far.

GTKY: what's been your favorite vacation? Maybe not the same as a vacation but I studied abroad in London for 3 weeks during college and it was the best time of my life. I also love going to the beach with my family but the past two years it's been weekend trips and I would love to take a long week trip to the beach.
    edited September 2019
    @littleredm when did you do your blood draw for NIPT? the waits killing me too.....

edit to add: did mine this past sunday.
  • @sanpelligrino I did mine last Thursday!
  • @littleredm This is my first trip to Disney ever, so I’m pretty excited. Put together a list of priority things that DS and I can both do. We are going to all the parks. 2 days at Magic Kingdom, one at Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. We are staying at the park. 

@littleredm and @sanpelligrino FWIW, it took exactly a week to get my MaterniT21 results last pregnancy. Hope you hear soon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    edited September 2019
    @mercury94 I'm so jealous you are going to Disney! It's still on my to-see list. I'm sure you're going to have a BALL! 

So it looks like I have to wait until at least Monday for my harmony results. Its just wednesday, and I already find my patience dwindling......
  • @mercury94 jealous of your disney trip. Jealous of you going to Epcot. I love Epcot so much! Whenever DH and I do a Disney trip with the kids one day, Epcot is definitely on the list!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @littleredm You should totally go to San Fan one day. It was so fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aresee that ginger ice cream sounds amazing!

@mercury94 those shirts sound cute!

@Kathryn0903 I’m glad the unisom/B6 combo seems to be helping.  And I’m with you on the going to bed early. 

@fitzandgiggles I’ve maintained my weight but I’m glad cause I’m overweight to begin with and am hoping to get through 1st tri without gaining any weight. I’m told I should gain about 25-45 lbs (pregnant with fraternal twins).

@doraleigh35 hope you have fun at Elton John!  And snow?  What area do you live in again?  We are just getting the perfect fall weather here in MN. And happy birthday to DD! 😀

EDD/W+D: 4/11 and 11 weeks 4 days.  Though they plan on either inducing / Csection at 38 weeks due to our history and the twin factor.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 
    Finding out!  Waiting until our anatomy scan.

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Poker chip. Lime. 

Upcoming Appointments:
    None until Oct 24 when I’m almost 16 weeks.  The wait is going to be hard!

How are you feeling? 
    Nausea and I are good friends.  So is my morning throw up of stomach acid.  However my energy is a little better this week and I’ve been getting the dog out for short walks so that is a plus.

Raves/Rants:
    Since we went through IVF my husband and I were both very open with our family, friends and work throughout the whole process. It worked out well for us as we are not having the stress of when to tell people and how.  I’m sorry for those that have other people break the news or just want to have the fun surprise and it is getting wrecked.  I’d be so upset if we were trying that.

Questions: Not at this time.  

I like low key vacations and DH and I have gone up the Gunflint Trail in MN many times.  It’s almost to Canada and there is no cell phone service and it is nice to just unplug and be in a cabin with a fireplace or out in a canoe on a small lake. 
  • Just hit 12 weeks today. So excited to be almost out of 1st Tri!  
  • @mandarenee898 I’m completely with you there. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017