March 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 9/23

1. Status/EDD:

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 9/23

• 1. Status/EDD: 15 weeks + 3 days, due March 13th

2. Previous loss(es)? Two.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?  I'm in a melancholy mood today from stress that happened over the weekend, so I'm feeling incredibly blah today.  But overall, I feel okay most days.  I'm still sleepy and incredibly moody, but I'm slowly getting more energy and desire to get out of the house and go do things, so that's neat.  I'm still craving cottage cheese and Arby's roast beef sandwiches all the minutes of every day (lol) and I typically turn my nose up at most meats (especially if they're raw and I have to cook them, then it's a no-go), but I'm finding myself hungrier than usual and less turned off by food as the days come and go.  My biggest aversion isn't a food at all -- it's the smell of the parking garage at work.  Having to walk through there 4 times a day is less than pleasant, my goodness.

4. Any appointment updates? We're going this Wednesday the 25th for an elective ultrasound and hopefully finding out the gender!  My Sneak Peek blood test said boy, so I'm really curious if this will confirm those results or not, lol. My actual OB checkup is the next day (this Thursday), where I think I'm getting the second trimester screen blood draw.  Will hopefully schedule the next official US that day too, so I can have something else to look forward to (and have anxiety about).

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Mine is a mixture of a rant and a rave, but it should honestly just be a rave.  My sister found out she's pregnant again over the weekend (they've been trying for a baby this entire year and just got the BFP on the stick on Friday).  My first thought was of course happiness for my sister, but then my PGAL brain clicked in and I couldn't help but think that something is going to go wrong in my pregnancy and my sister will go on to have a second healthy baby, and it'll hurt so much worse because I'll be forced to be around this infant who should be the same age as my baby.  I realize these thoughts are completely unwarranted and I haven't said anything to anyone except you girls, but dang... can't my brain let me enjoy anything?

6. Any milestones coming up? I've passed all my significant milestones; now just eagerly waiting to find out the gender.  :) 

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? My favorite show right now is Schitt's Creek.  I freaking adore every single aspect of it!  What a breath of fresh air.
  • 1. Status/EDD: 12 weeks: EDD 4/2 based on LMP, 3/29 based on last ultrasound 

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC at 8.5 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?

Haven’t been posting the past few weeks but PGAL anxiety has lessened a lot recently. We’ve been able to hear HB both on our home doppler and at my 12 week appt and had our NT ultrasound where everything looked good, waiting for the prenatal screening blood work results now. We requested to find out gender too so DH and I are excited about that! 

Physically have been okay, nausea and feeling tired still but both improved. 

4. Any appointment updates? 

As above, has 12 week appt and an ultrasound. Things look good so feeling reassured (for now!) 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Random: Found out my 2 year old has been telling everyone at daycare that’s she’s going to be a big sister 🤦🏽‍♀️  (We told our siblings by letting her say “I’m a big sister!” but I wasn’t sure how much she really understood; I’m pretty sure she understands exactly what’s happening though!). This made me extremely anxious at first but now that we’re coming into second trimester, feeling a little better about telling people. We let my grandparents know this weekend and I plan on telling my boss and close friends at work soon (especially since I’m starting to show!) 

Question: any other STM have preeclampsia during previous pregnancies? I’m planning to start baby aspirin next week, just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. 

Also, rant: this pregnancy has got me super anxious about something bad happening to DD. I’ve been having to check on her in the middle of the night to calm myself down. It’s stressing me out! 

Almost into second trimester! 

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show?

DH and I just finished season 2 of Mindhunter (Netflix). We love it! I heard they were planning on 5 seasons but no word yet on when/if season 3 is happening. 
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @Malidocious I know exactly what you mean about PGAL brain ruining even our ability to be completely happy for other people’s pregnancies. My SIL and I are due around the same time and I’ve had those same thoughts. It sucks. But how exciting to be pregnant at the same time as your sister. I’m hoping you both have happy and healthy pregnancies ❤️
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • 1.     Status/EDD: 15 weeks 4 days/March 12th!

2. Previous loss(es)? Had a D&C on May 8th. The baby stopped growing around 10 weeks.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? Pretty good! Still tired but less so than normal. Just waiting for acid reflux and that fun to start. No major cravings but still not handling sugar very well!

4. Any appointment updates? I go on October 10th for the anatomy scan. They are doing it at 18 weeks, so I didn’t have to come in for an extra monthly appointment.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? This is sort of a combination of all three: I realized that with the loss, I’ve essentially been pregnant since March. I think my body is sort of like, ummm, hi? Remember the good old days? Lol.

6. Any milestones coming up? I passed my milestones! But of course the anatomy scan going well would be huge. I had blood work for spina bifida done and they should be calling me with the results today.

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? Wow! Great question. In regards to NOT garbage, I’d say it is Better Call Saul or Silicone Valley… but Dateline has my heart and is REALLY my all time favorite show!

@Malidocious You are going to have a healthy baby! I know how hard it is to relax. And how great that your LO will have a cousin so close in age!

@oliveoil-2 So glad to hear your PGAL mind is at bay. I think hearing the HB at home helped me SO much! We just started Season 2 of Mind Hunter and are hoping it is as good as Season 1!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• treetop19treetop19 member
    edited September 2019
    1. Status/EDD: March 10

2. Previous loss(es)? 3

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?  I'm feeling better, finally getting over my 2nd cold, so I'm hoping I can feel that 2nd tri energy this week since I have been feeling pretty worn out and sick.  Emotionally I'm getting excited for this pregnancy.. something about unpacking the maternity clothes and not being able to wear my regular pants anymore made it more real.

4. Any appointment updates? Regular check up Oct 7th, anatomy scan will be scheduled for the next week

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave for finally getting in maternity pants.. so much more comfortable.

6. Any milestones coming up?  My milestones have passed, and I'm finally starting to get excited!

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show?  I like Shameless.. I really connected to the whole living with an alcoholic thing - very true to how addicts think/act.  Though I have to say in recent years the show hasn't been as good as it was in the beginning.

@malidocious, I completely get your PGAL fear.  I went through that situation, unfortunately - DH's sister went on to have a healthy baby in 2013 and I went on to have a loss at 8 weeks.  I have to say, don't let it worry you (especially not now, being in 2nd tri.)   While this situation hurt me a lot at first (especially since she was a teen mom, unplanned pregnancy, and in no way prepared to have a child), over time the sting went away. It's not something I dwell on anymore, especially after going on to have my DS and now this pregnancy.  Now I just see my nephew and I'm glad he's around to befriend my DS.  But at first I had a hard time warming up to him, especially when he was a newborn.. it was hard not to think I should have a newborn as well.

@oliveoil-2, lol at your 2 year old.

@emilylove25, I hear you on feeling like you've been pregnant a long time.. I was pregnant all last summer before my loss, and then again this summer. Two summers ruined by morning sickness, ugh.
  • 1. Status/EDD: 13w 3d 3/27

2. Previous loss(es)? D&C in Dec 2018, baby stopped growing around 6 weeks.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? I had work until 12:30am on Saturday night (I work in events, but don’t usually have to work the whole event) and all day Sunday I was completely wiped! Couldn’t keep my eyes open or get off the couch almost all day. Haven’t been that tired this entire pregnancy so far. Nausea is gone, but I still have trouble with food, can’t decide if I’m hungry enough to eat or not, can’t decide what or how much to eat, ugh it’s a battle.

4. Any appointment updates? Next check up is October 7th. If all is good I will announce to my boss/at work later that week.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We decided to announce on social media today (thought it would be cute because it’s the first day of Fall) and I am freaking. out. I feel like something terrible is going to happen now that basically everyone in my life knows. I was just shy of 12 weeks at my last check up, and I feel like I’m not *really* in the clear even though I’m past that milestone now.

6. Any milestones coming up? 2nd trimester starts on Friday for me, but that won’t make me feel any better until I can hear that heartbeat at my next appointment!

Hubby and I are watching iZombie right now on Netflix (I think the current season just ended, but we don’t have cable). Perfect to watch during Halloween season and it’s by the same creator as Veronica Mars which we watched over the summer. I also can’t wait until This is Us comes back on! I’m going to be more emotional every episode than I usually am! 

• @Malidocious I also get your fear! Just know that I am jealous that you already in your 2nd tri! Chances are everything will be fine. I‘m also debating doing an elective ultrasound to find out the gender earlier than 20 weeks, let me know how it goes!

@EmilyLove25 I feel you! I haven’t been pregnant since March, but I quit alcohol and caffeine back in March in an effort to conceive (I mean, hey, it worked eventually) but I miss my wine and coffee! Once LO is born it’ll be a little over a year without! 😢
  • @oliveoil-2 I haven't had preeclampsia, but I'm AMA and my OB told me to take baby aspirin just in case cause I'm higher risk because of it. 

1. Status/EDD: 15w3d /March 13

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? Gassssssssyyyyyy physically. And I'm struggling emotionally cause gas is really my only symptom now. I also think I might be feeling movement, but also maybe its phantom movement and just in my head? I feel like my mind is tricking me regardless of the actual answer and so, I'm worried. 

4. Any appointment updates? Oct 8th for OB and anatomy scan Oct 30th

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has managed to catch mono. Which is just, you know, the best. Thankfully I've had it before so I'm not too worried about it. 

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? Great British Baking Show
  • @Malidocious I think your feelings are totally normal and okay, but I also second @EmilyLove25 that I bet you will have a healthy baby! That will be awesome for you both to share the experience. 

@creativesoul63 we’re making our social announcement, too. I keep having this thought that I’m “jinxing” myself by being happy and putting it out for the world. But, actively trying to work against the fear. Even though you’re not in second tri, it sounds like all your signs are good!! 💜

@aerie_star GBBS was such a good escape for me when I was laid up nauseous all summer! 
  • 1. Status/EDD: 14w1d, EDD 3/22

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC in March at 9 weeks. Baby had stopped developing ~7 weeks. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? Well, we’re telling people, and everyone is super excited and supportive. That’s buoying me up emotionally, and I’m working really hard to bat away the bad “what-if” thoughts that still push in. Physically I’ve been feeling a lot better overall, but have started getting a few headaches. I had to start on thyroid medication after the blood tests from my last appt, so that’s a small source of anxiety. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next routine appt not until 10/9. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Waiting on NIPT results had me so stressed and anxious and definitely MIA from here. But we got them back and everything looks healthy, then on Saturday we learned we’re having a BOY!! 💙 H and I were both sure it was a girl so my initial reaction was just shock. I only have a sister and almost all female cousins so I’m feeling really out of my depth with a boy. I’m coming around and getting more excited which is good. I’m feeling all this parenting stress now though of like, raising a responsible man with good character....I know raising a strong, assured woman would have been daunting too, though. I think it’s just the real-ness of it all now! 

6. Any milestones coming up? The EDD from my loss is this weekend. I was very anxious about it arriving before, but I feel more at peace now. I hope that lasts! 

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? This is tough because 90% of what we watch is The Office and Star Trek...but we looooove Stranger Things so I’ll go with that. 
  • 1. Status/EDD: 16w tomorrow

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? I’m doing ok. Still not great physically. And today I’m as tired as a... I don’t even know what. A tired person. Lol. DS woke up at 3 and even though I got him back to sleep around 5 I wasn’t able to. I need a nap. And a gallon of coffee. Just craving salads and Klondike bars still. And nachos thanks to a post yesterday. Lol

4. Any appointment updates? Next week I think. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  My bump is definitely getting more bumpy, which is fun. H and I are taking a mini trip this weekend and I can’t wait to have some alone time and relax a bit. We have an opportunity to go on a trail ride. Would you do this? I grew up riding horses so I’m not necessarily worried, but H is terrified of me falling off. It’s a very slow 45 minute tour of the woods around this mountain resort. I asked them and they said it’s fine as long as I know with horses there’s always a small risk of spoiling/falling/etc... growing up around them I don’t have much anxiety, but H didn’t so I see where he is coming from. But I LOVE the idea of a trail ride in the fall. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not anything soon. Just not-so-patiently waiting for v-day in like 10 weeks. Lol. 

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? Oh gosh. I have a lot that I like. H and I got really into Jack Ryan, and I’m excited for the new season coming in a few weeks. I also like Girlfriends Guide to Divorce in a guilty pleasure kind of way. And Designated Survivor. I know there are some I’m forgetting. But pregnancy brain. 
  • @Malidocious Sorry about your brain turning against you! Mine does that sometimes, too, esp. now that a wider group of people know. Every now and then I'm like "oh god what it something bad happens and i have to post to social like a doof and then be pitied and childless forever." SOOO, I feel you. Anyway. Also a Schitt's Creek fan here. So good. Can't wait for S5 to drop on Netflix. Also, this cuteness--the slideshow at the bottom of them, mainly and the ones where they are together; I loved seeing them all at the Emmys! 

@oliveoil-2 We also told the grandparents this weekend =) But I have the same anxieties at an uncontrollable amount of people knowing, as I indicated above. Solidarity.

@creativesoul83 So many of us are going through the same thing with announcing/telling more people! I totally feel you on being nervous now that so many people know! At the same time, I am pretty open about my loss history with people, so it's more like--I don't want people to have to feel bad for me if something happens more than anything else. And omg I've never watched This Is Us bc I feel like I would cry EVERY episode haha. Too much! Though I hear it's so good.

@miss.sally mmm klondike bars...

1. Status/EDD: 14w3d / 3/21 ftm

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? My nausea is like either 100% terrible or mostly okay. And it's more like--just this bad feeling inside of me that connects my stomach to my throat and hurts than actual physical feeling like I am about to vomit (which I have gotten, but more rarely). I feel best on days when I have activities, but when I don't have activities planned, it's hard to convince myself to go do something. I am still avoiding strong flavors (tho omg whoever made this salad at Zeus today LOADED it with paprika/some sort of seasoning--gahh.) and mostly an't stomach anything too rich/strong/spicy/garlicky. No real cravings except for, like, doughnuts and sweet-ish carbs (Which just reminded me-- i got a baklava from Zeus today! yes!)

4. Any appointment updates? no appt. til Fr. 10/11

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My one BFF is like dying to know the baby's sex & DH & I aren't telling anyone yet, so I lied to her and told her we just didn't know yet, and I feel bad about lying but I KNOW she would pressure me into telling her if she knew I knew. It's just bothering me that she cares so much. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Happy to be officially in second tri as of this weekend!

7. GTKY: (Inspired by The Emmys last night) What's your favorite currently running (as in, has not yet had a series finale/new episodes are still happening/going to happen--but in-between seasons is okay) TV show? The Magicians and the The Blacklist are two I really like.
  • @oliveoil-2 That's great that your PGAL anxiety has lessened.  :)  And thank you!  It is exciting to be pregnant at the same time as my sister, and it'll be so fun having LOs that are so close in age.  I just wish I could turn my brain's negativity off.

@EmilyLove25 I'm in the same boat - my body has been pregnant for practically this entire year.  It's so weird to think about.  And thank you for the words of encouragement!  I need to remember to take deep breaths and focus on the positives.  Seeing my baby yesterday was so sweet and beneficial.  I wish I could carry that good feeling with me the rest of this pregnancy!

@treetop19 I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It's one of my biggest fears.  I'm so glad you went on to have a healthy LO and are pregnant again.  FX for healthy pregnancies for us all!

@creativesoul83 Thank you <3  You'll be in the second trimester before you know it, sister!  My elective U/S for gender determination did not go at all as planned because the baby refused to cooperate.  It's looking healthy and perfect in there, with its little legs and toes and hands and fingers.  But it did everything it could to not let us get a glimpse of its business!  We are going again tonight to try again... FX the LO is less bashful tonight!  :D

@aerie_star I feel you on being gassy!  By the end of the day, I feel gigantic (mostly bloat) and I'm burping like crazy!  I also have not felt movement, but I don't really expect to for another few weeks.

@hmjensen Thank you! <3 I hope the fear will lessen as time progresses and the pregnancy continues to go smoothly. I just cannot shake the fear no matter what, but I sure do hope you're right.  I hope you're able to move past the scary "what if"s and focus on the positives.  So exciting you're having a beautiful little boy!  I hope all of us have healthy pregnancies and perfect little babies! 

@miss.sally I'm sorry you're still blah and so tired!  I can relate to the tiredness.  I've been trying to get myself back into an exercise routine, but waking up early before work to go for a long walk has been brutal.  I used to get up every day at 5 AM and run miles and miles, but that feels like forever ago at this point.  I can't even imagine having to go through pregnancy and wrangle a child at the same time.  You're a trooper!  Oh and I love Girlfriends Guide to Divorce as a guilty pleasure, too, lol!!  I completely forgot about that show!

@kagesstarshroom I LOVE THAT SLIDESHOW!  So cute!  What a great cast! <3  As for our brains turning against us, hopefully we have less and less moments of negative thinking and more moments of happiness and peace.  And don't feel too bad about telling a little white lie to your friend - sometimes it's easier to just tell people you don't know something yet to get them to back off a bit, lol.  No harm in that.  Your friend will find out in time!
  • @Malidocious hope the baby is more cooperative tonight and you’re able to find out! 
  • @Malidocious how did your ultrasound go?! 
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited September 2019
    @miss.sally @hmjensen The ultrasound went PERFECT!!  Baby is surprisingly a girl!!!!  The Sneak Peek test had said boy so the lady was hesitant at first just because of that, but she said it's very clear in the pictures.  She said on the off-chance that it is a boy, the scrotum would have not yet dropped yet, which is pretty rare by this time.  No signs of a penis anywhere!  I'll post pics in the ultrasound thread right now!
  • @Malidocious Aw yay congrats! I have been so burpy lately too and it makes me feel t-e-r-r-i-b-le, ugh.