edited September 2019 in May 2020 Moms
EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? 

(stolen from Group 3 check-in)

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) check in week of Sept 23

• edited September 2019
    EDD: 5/15

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): ladybug

Upcoming appointments: Oct 1 (I’m getting so antsy!)

How are you feeling? meh. Some nausea, round ligament pain, and so tired. 

Raves/Rants: None. 

Questions: I’ve already gained 4+ lbs and my stomach is much more noticeable. It feels like it’s happening too fast and H made a comment yesterday that maybe it could be twins with the quick change. Anyone here have experience with a twins pregnancy? Is that possibly what’s going on? Or could it just be that my body has done this before and is going for it?

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Morocco. The colors, the food, the sunshine. I want to experience it all. 
  • EDD: 5/14, I'm 6+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Rainbow Sprinkle

Upcoming appointments: 10/4 US and first pre-natal

How are you feeling? Pretty miserable, so nauseous. Weeks 6-8 were the worst for me last time so just powering through. 

Raves/Rants: I rested a lot this weekend, which was great but also I got nothing done. I am so behind on laundry and life. My DS slept until 6:30 this morning so that was amazing, he has been waking up so early lately so I hope he is getting back to normal!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? So many places, and I would love to return to so many places. I'll go with Greece though- so beautiful and so much history. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lajoliedreamer I've gained 4lbs too, but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm eating all the things.

@rachelg777 Week 8 will be here before we know it. Sorry you're so miserable!!

EDD: May 14th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: US today.

How are you feeling? Bloated and tired. Sore boobs. And I'm embarrassingly moody.

Raves/Rants: eh, it's too early on a Monday.

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why?  Oh this is so hard. Probably AK for the nature. Or Greece for the history. Or Bora Bora just to be lazy.
  • @ruby696 what time is the ultrasound?!?? I can’t wait ☺️
  • @ruby696 Or there ARE twins or triplets in there!  :D;)  I cannot wait to know for sure!
    @lajoliedreamer I've also gained about that and it is for sure because I've been eating more and not as well. Oh and the bloat! I'm pretty sure I am retaining excess water right now.
    @rachelg777 I'm sorry you aren't feeling great.

EDD:  May 14 6+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow with the PA to go over testing for thyroid and diabetes. I'm going to ask to schedule and ultrasound too.

How are you feeling? Great, no nausea which worries me of course. I have been choosing to sleep more though. I'm napping on the weekends when DD naps and going to bed early most nights. I wouldn't call it fatigue though, that was one of my worst thyroid symptoms and it was so debilitating and felt much different. I tested again yesterday morning and the test line was darker than the control so that must be a good sign?

Raves/Rants: This week is such a busy week, I have my appointment tomorrow, swimming lessons Wednesday, repeat blood work for thyroid on Thursday and its a home football game so I'm going to have to try and leave work before traffic gets bad. Saturday is my SIL's daughters birthday dinner, that was just planned like a week ago. Then Sunday we are having brunch with my best friend and her family at their new house. H has been working a lot of night shifts lately so most of this I will be on my own for.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Hmmm, right now it would probably be Texas to visit several friends. I would like to go to Europe at some point just to see it. But overall I am not really into traveling.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• EDD: 16 May

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Chocolate Chip

Upcoming appointments:
    Wednesday. First prenatal. They may send me for an ultrasound or just schedule one. 

How are you feeling? 
    Gross. I have been so sick and nauseous. But today I am pregnant. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

Italy. MH and I really want to go for like two weeks and just experience Italian food and culture. I’ve had the trip planned out for a few years now but it’s going to be awhile. Haha. 
  • @lajoliedreamer yeah. With the second everyone I know, myself included showed so much faster. And the bloat is real. 

@rachelg777 I feel yeah. I’m drowning in a mountain of laundry but I just needed the rest this weekend too. Hopefully you’ll be feeling better soon. 

@ruby696 you are not alone. I am so flipping moody. 

@mokay19 I’m tired just reading about your week. 
  • @mokay19 It's at 8:30.

@m6agua The test line being darker than the control is absolutely a great sign that your hcg has increased. Try not to stress (yeahx right - pot meet kettle).

@mdfarmchick I hope you get a surprise US on Wednesday! 
  • @m6agua wow good luck with your busy week!
    @mdfarmchick Don't know about you but laundry is my least favorite chore - hope you can get caught up relatively painlessly!
    @lajoliedreamer I am definitely super bloated and large, I haven't weighed myself though.  :p
  • @ruby696 I’m a little upset that you’re in a different time zone than me so I have to wait longer 🤣
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2019
    @mokay19 Lol!! It's in an hour, no matter which timezone you're in. Think of it that way! 😂

Eta: tag
  • @ruby696 there ARE twins!!!!!!!
  • @ruby696 oh wow, that’s amazing! Congrats to you!!!

@lajoliedreamer I think maybe it just is the body being like, oh, I got this. I am a STM and I definitely look pregnant and I didn’t think that was possible at this point. (Although I also have been eating like crazy..) I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday and thought, um, have I really been this pudgy for months and not noticed, or is this new? So weird. 

EDD: May 12th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): bee? Maybe some certain kind of bee? I feel like I missed something here 

Upcoming appointments: sept 30th. Can’t wait. Also the day we close on our house, aka the craziest day ever 

How are you feeling? So. Hungry. Motion sick in vehicles. Tired and not understanding how one makes it through a whole pregnancy feeling like this...but I think I recall it gets better in about a month. 

Raves/Rants: with house closing and move coming up, life is seeming a little overwhelming these days. Excited about the house and little one, but just hoping I will feel less anxious once we get settled in the new house next month. 

Questions: none 

I would love to go to New Zealand. My brother and his wife went there a few years back and the pictures were just amazing. It looks so beautiful there. Italy and Greece are also at the top of my list. But guessing it sill be a while until I get to any of these, alas. 

• EDD: May 13

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea or the post of an earring

Upcoming appointments: First US/OB appointment next Tuesday

How are you feeling? Bleh. The nausea started ramping up last week when I hit 6 weeks, so I've been feeling kind of gross, especially when I haven't eaten recently enough.

Raves/Rants: I only have to teach four days this week because Friday is a field trip (where I don't really have to do anything). And next week we are on fall break!

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? I really want to go on a Baltics trip.
  • @ruby696 AHHH!! Yay!! Hopefully they both continue perfect growth! Cannot wait to hear YH’s reaction!!
  • @ruby696 omg! Congratulations! I’m praying extra hard for these babies now. <3 
  • @caponey it may just be water weight at this point. I just try to eat as healthy as possible and keep moving when I feel like it. It’s all about balance. For most people the morning sickness ends in the next month and then you can focus more on your food choices. 
  • edited September 2019
    @ruby696 wow! I’m glad your u/s was so positive and you say your healthy LOs!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance on the quick weight gain. I know I’ve been eating more (it staves off the nausea), but the instant-belly just took me by surprise. (Not that it was flat before...)
  • EDD: May 9th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry or raspberry depending on the app

Upcoming appointments: oct 4th for my first OB appt with dating scan

How are you feeling? Lethargic and bloated

Raves/Rants: school and work and clinicals are killing me... 

Questions: not now

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why?  Hawaii or tropical pacific islands... or a Galapagos cruise... MH and I are going to Portugal over thanksgiving though, and MIL is watching DS! Not as fun and Hawaii or Galapagos but I’ll take it haha 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • @rnstudentbsn MH and I road tripped the coast of Portugal/south of Spain for our honeymoon! We loved Portugal. Although we did drink a lot of wine. You will have an amazing time!
  • @caponey I feel the same way about me and my H, except he also deals with a kiddo who gets up too early in the morning. 

And re weight gain, I think you have to do what you need to to survive during morning sickness. Your dr will let you know if he/she is concerned.  
  • EDD:  May 14, likely earlier since we found out there are TWO!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I really wanted to be team green, but now that there are 2, I think we need to be as prepared as possible 

Baby is the size of a(n): ladybug

Upcoming appointments: second ultrasound 10/7

How are you feeling? TIRED AF!

Raves/Rants: I’m too tired to think of any

Questions: same 

Dreaming big, Australia because... Australia! But realistically I really want to go on another Alaskan cruise. We went when I was in middle school, and I just did not appreciate the beauty of it! 
  • EDD: May 9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: had our first u/s yesterday! Baby measured 6w 4d And they found a heartbeat of 130. DH was relieved there was only one baby. Lol Next appt is a month away (Oct 21) thanks to travel on our end and the OB’s end. 

How are you feeling? All the symptoms. Lol Exhausted, tender abdomen, heavy breasts, morning/all-day sickness/yuckiness, swamp mouth. I also may have gotten a cold from DS3. But I’ll take all the symptoms for reassurance that baby is still growing!

Raves/Rants: I thought I’d have more peace of mind after the u/s yesterday. It still doesn’t fully feel real, but maybe that’s bc we’re not telling anyone.

Questions: not today

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Australia & New Zealand

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bender29 I think you mean “ladybugS” 😆😁
  • @bender29 congrats! So exciting!

@Duckybears So great that you had a good ultrasound!
  • @bender29 @ruby696 congrats! I am equally happy and scared for you guys, lol. Soo much poop on the horizon, hahaha. 
    I’m a FTM
    EDD May 12
    Have my first prenatal with the Midwife tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I’m guessing just a meet and greet and lots of info? I’m low risk so I don’t think I’ll have an US until 12weeks, but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
    We plan to find out, I have to. The anticipation is already killing me! 
    I feel all the feels right now. Lots of emotions. Indigestion/nausea has been lurking since week 5, but is getting more pushy. Creeping up, making me gag. No barf yet though! 
    Im also so tired. I’ve never felt more like a dirt bag than I do right now. Swamp mouth, check, too lazy to shower before going out to do errands, check. Living in sweatpants, check. I hope I get some energy back soon.

If I could travel, I’d love to go on Safari. My friend went recently and it seemed so unreal. But for now, I’d be happy to escape the winter for a little this year before babe comes. 

• @mdfarmchick glad to hear it went well and that they gave you something to combat the puking!
  • EDD: 5/10

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green this time! We found out for our other three, but for the grand finale I want to be surprised!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry?!

Upcoming appointments: Had my “confirmation” yesterday. Even though we have already done betas. Ultrasound next week.

How are you feeling? Good, just nauseous at night.

Raves/Rants: I’m so nervous to announce having our fourth.

Questions: GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? Back to Aruba! It is literally the most beautiful place on earth.

M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.

DS1- 8/2013

DS2- 11/2015 (Second round IUI)

DD- 9/2017

Baby #4 Due 5/10/20 TEAM GREEN

• EDD- May 9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I don’t want to find out since I have one of each, but I don’t think I’m capable of not knowing!

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: Oct 3

How are you feeling? My uneasiness with food went away for the most part, but now I am having like tightening of my uterus. Not necessarily cramps, but I keep getting weird feelings that I can only describe as tightening. Also, it is kind of uncomfortable to stand for long periods of time. This didn’t happen with my other pregnancies, so I’m not sure what to think about it. :/

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? The Caribbean

• EDD: thinking around May 13th based on US today but waiting on official date from doctor still once they see the US

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): tic tac

Upcoming appointments: just had our first US today and could see the little heartbeat flickering so I feel 1000000 times better right now.  Next appt with OB is 10/22

How are you feeling? nauseous and starving but nothing sounds good and then I finally pick something to eat and half way through I feel like I'm going to throw up even though it was going well

Raves/Rants: Just so excited to have the first US out of the way!

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Honesty I'm really not much of a traveler so I'm super boring.  I have no desire to leave the states ever again really.  I would maybe take a beach vacation somewhere not too hot just to lay out by the water and read a book, but that's about all I have in mind.
  • @peachnectarine - I’m having similar tightening and I think it’s just round ligament pain and my body prepping faster because it’s done this before. I didn’t have it until 2nd tri with my  viable pregnancy and *tw* not at all with my non viable pregnancy which ended in the 1st tri *end tw*. 
  • EDD: May 15

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: I had blood work and met with the nurse on the 25th. My first OB ultrasound and visit with the Dr. will be October 9th.

How are you feeling? Like I’ve had the stomach flu for 3 weeks. I’ve had cramping pretty much constantly since week 4, my boobs are sore, I can’t sleep, and I can barely eat I’m so nauseous all day and night. I’m looking forward to the second trimester ;)

Raves/Rants: Just trying to survive at this point

Questions: none at this time 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Greece, because I love the architecture and culture.