May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In w/o 9/23

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 9/23

• Options
    @ruby696 Thinking of you! FX for a great ultrasound today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ruby696 It's so hard when US's are also triggering. Hugs your way!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 6+4, 5/14, 1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? 11 week MC prior to DS

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, pretty bad. It was hard to get out of the house this morning. I really am grateful for that though. Luckily last time my nausea was just the typical first tri stuff with a little bit after that every now and then. Emotionally, that's providing me a lot of reassurance but my US still feels a long way away so I haven't worked up my nervousness too much yet. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next Friday 10/4

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else use a doppler? 

6. Any milestones coming up? In my MC my baby stopped growing at 10+2 

• Options
    @rachelg777 I haven't, and I'm not sure if I will this time.  I almost feel like it would be another source of anxiety for me?  But I guess we'll see as things progress.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @ruby696 I always get nervous before appointments and get diarrhea... and then I get nervous because they’re about to see everything down there! Lol

@rachelg777 I used a Doppler with my last pregnancy! I didn’t start until like 10 weeks or so but it was wonderful. I didn’t feel DD move until like 22 weeks so having that helped a bunch since so many people told me that I should be feeling baby move. 

@shamrocandroll good for you to get up and walk even right after vacation! Also, FX for a great scan and HB tomorrow!
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  5+2 / May 23rd / DD is 2 

2. Previous loss(es)? MC before DD, MC in May, and CP in July

Emotionally: I want to get excited, but I keep telling myself that we can’t get excited yet. 

Physically: like trash. I feel like I’m in a constant state of being hungover. I appreciate feeling like garbage as reassurance though and any moment of calm that I get, I freak out. 

4. Any appointment updates? Not until 9/30!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I ate an entire jar of pickles. I didn’t want to be a part of the stereotype, but I couldn’t stop eating them!

We lost the MC this year at 6+6 so after the milestone of just seeing the HB next Monday, I’ll get another scan the following week to keep checking. 
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I borrowed one from a friend last time. I started using it around 10 weeks and finally could find the HB at about 13 weeks (anterior placenta). My office couldn't find it at 12 weeks, but then could by the next appointment around 16 weeks. I didn't buy the special gel, I just used aloe vera gel for sunburns.

@ruby696 Thinking of you today!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    6 / 16 May / Third time

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    MC between 5 and 6 weeks June 2017 before DS2. 2 CP 2019

We are right around my MC time so I’m pretty anxious. Second guessing how the morning sickness is going. Just nervous in general. Physically I’m tired and pretty nauseous and a little constipated so yeah. 

4. Any appointment updates? 
    My first appointment is Wednesday. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    No

I lost my baby between 5-6 weeks with the MC so this is pretty much the time and having an appointment Wednesday is making me more nervous. I really can’t wait for baby kicks to start because then I am usually more reassured. 

@ruby696 fingers crossed for a great appointment today and all the babies. 

@rachelg777 I haven’t used a Doppler because I am worried I’d have trouble finding the heartbeat and freaking myself out. But I know a lot of moms who do. 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll thinking of you and hoping you have a great scan tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @m6agua oh yeah. I go right there—“I appreciate feeling like garbage and any moment of calm I get I freak out.” Yup. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 @mdfarmchick Thanks ladies. 

Also, forgot to mention that my boobs stopped hurting, which has me super over-analyzing.  :-/
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll every time I start overanalyzing I try to just repeat “Today I am pregnant.” It May sound dumb to you but it’s helped me quite a bit to let go of the negative thoughts. 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll My boob pain comes and goes. I'll have little to none for a few days, then it comes back with a vengeance. Hopefully you're just getting a break.

@mdfarmchick It's such a relief once you can feel them. First tri is the worst. I hope your appt goes well on Wednesday.

@mokay19 I'm so glad you feel like garbage! 😆❤
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll Good luck with your scan tomorrow! Good job getting up early for your walk, that's awesome.
    @mokay19 I'm sorry you feel like garbage. Eat your heart out with those pickles, lol.
    @mdfarmchick I hope this milestone time goes quickly for you (and that maybe you can get a surprise US Wednesday to help reassure you!)

I probably should have clarified that I do use a doppler, I find it super helpful for me personally. My anatomy makes it relatively easy to find the HB as my uterus is super anteverted though so I'm sure it would cause me more anxiety if I couldn't find it. 
  • Options
    @rachelg777 when do you start using your Doppler? 
  • Options
    @ruby696 OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!  TWINS!!!!  I'M LITERALLY HOLDING BACK SQUEALS AT MY DESK RIGHT NOW!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @ruby696 excellent news.  I also read the MC statistics drop to about 4% chance of loss once a heartbeat is seen on US.  I know that every woman is different and that there are other factors and my own personal  chance of a repeat loss *may* be higher or lower than that, but seriously 4-5% is an extremely reassuring number.  I am very fact and statistic based and things like this make me feel much better.
  • Options
    *lurking*

@ruby696 OH MY GOODNESS! YAYYY!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 6+5 due May 13 first time mom

2. Previous loss(es)? CP a few years ago, blighted ovum miscarriage end of July 2019 after IUI

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I feel pretty normal, I have quite a few symptoms that add up, but they are all mild on their own, insomnia has been a beast though.  Emotionally, depends the minute.  Pregnancy seems to be all I can think about right now.  I am excited and scared and seem to always be on the brink of tears.  I don't think I could talk to anyone about it without a major breakdown.

4. Any appointment updates? Just waiting.  I had my first scan and we had a heartbeat, which is a huge milestone for me.  Now waiting for an 8 week scan on October 1.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I keep seeing women in other threads talking about choices and doctors and hospitals and birthing centers.  How far are women willing to travel to get a choice?  I drive an hour to my OB and 2 hours to my RE as it is.  The thought of giving birth further than an hour from home in order to have a choice is kinda scary.  I saw someone complaining about a doctor a half hour away, I don't even have one that close to my home let alone many.  I wonder if I am making a mistake simply by choosing what is geographically convenient, or perhaps that is a very important factor in my choice because it eliminates a lot of stress.  Anywhere else I risk a closed mountain pass and significantly longer drive in a snowstorm.  Gah!

6. Any milestones coming up? Not really.  I passed my major one.  Next is just hanging on until 9 weeks.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I had a five minute drive when I was in labor with DD and it was the longest five minutes in my life. Contractions with a seatbelt on is a special kind of torture. I can't imagine driving an hour. If you're having a planned c-section, I would be less worried about distance. But if not, it should be a serious consideration. 
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @pirateduck I had a five minute drive when I was in labor with DD and it was the longest five minutes in my life. Contractions with a seatbelt on is a special kind of torture. I can't imagine driving an hour. If you're having a planned c-section, I would be less worried about distance. But if not, it should be a serious consideration. 
    Thanks for that.  Another piece of it is that my current OB is only about 15 minutes from my work and all roads that I am familiar with and have been driving for years.  If I were to go somewhere new I would be lost!  I guess I'd have 9 months to figure it out.  I think I might call my local ambulance and ask where they would take me if it came to that as well.  Different county/district than my hospital so I'm not sure what their standard protocol is with where they take people.  The ambulance is less than a mile from my house and they are staffed 24 hours a day at the station so that is a bit of reassurance even though everything else is far.
  • Options
    @ruby696 omg omg omg! That's so exciting! How are you feeling about it? I am a twin and personally I love it - we have such a special relationship (although I can't speak to raising twins  :D). Congratulations!

@emlettuce Congrats on the scan, that's wonderful!!

@mokay19 I know this sounds crazy and is not the norm but I tried it at 7+4 last time and found a HB. Like I said, I am relatively thin and my uterus is tilted forward so I think that's why. 

@pirateduck No advice but I'm sure it will work out for you as far as distance to your OB.  I was 45 minutes away with my last birth but I ended up having to be induced so it didn't matter anyway.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I think I'm excited? The financial aspect of three in daycare will be hard, but that's only for a year. I am really excited that there will be two the same age because DD and DS are only 18 months apart and they are best friends. I was worried about the third being left out, especially with a 4 & 5 year age difference. This will be much better for sibling relationships. On the other hand, I will definitely need a new car and at some point, a new house. 😬
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4 weeks, 5/28, 1 DD

2. Previous loss(es)? Before DD BO at 11 Weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm still not very far a long so I'm just waiting to "feel" pregnant still. I often forget that I am, since my BFP I haven't really felt any symptoms except terrible carpal tunnel in my hands again, prior too my my hips were killing me and there was some cramping. I'm doing better I think this time around especially with the cramping knowing that it can happen and you can still go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Last time around each little pain I thought I was going to miscarriage again. 

4. Any appointment updates? I haven't even made the call yet. I don't want to have to make the appointment for me to drive the 1.5 hours to pee in a cup and then have them schedule me for 8 weeks, I wondering if they can do all of that all at once because I hate making the drive, don't want my coworkers to be clued in on me leaving for multiple appointments before I want to let people know. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? They're fixing the school playground outside of my window so we've been listening to grinding metal all day and someone cleaned their white board and that cleaner reeks of vomit I'm so glad nausea hasn't started or I'd be puking too. 

@rachelg777 I used a doppler from around 12 weeks last time around. It was a great peace of mind for me because I didn't feel movement unless it was a big movement because of my placental placement. Also I waited until after the midwives located the hb easily to know I could likely do the same so I wasn't scaring myself with not knowing if I was doing it right. ....just continued reading and saw you use one. Leaving this here for others. 

@pirateduck
     My 3 hospial/practice choices are all about 1.5 hours away give or take 5 minutes. I chose one with the lowest c-section rate (ended up with a c-section anyhow) and had midwives. I know others who have delivered at the other 2 and I still think I chose the best one. After hearing stories about the other two, I'm glad I went where I went even if now my kid was born in a different state (VT) and has an ugly social security number because she wasn't born in nh :smiley:  Also the snow factor is crazy here too, it seemed every appointment I had last time fell on a day of a blizzard. One day school was canceled and we ended up pulling someone we know out of the snow and flipped their truck back over on our way to the appointment and hour into the drive. We got an earlier appointment time because everyone else was not going in because of the snow. The day of my 3 hour glucose test there was a blizzard and I think the stress of that caused my sugars to spike even higher. I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time around.  

@ruby696 that is amazing news! I can't wait to hear that first heart beat. And YAY for twins!!!!! 

• Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited September 2019
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7w today/ May 11/ 2 boys 

2. Previous loss(es)? CP July '12 & MMC Feb '19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm all over the place. When I'm feeling really sick I'm happy, when it calms down I worry and back and forth and around and around. I remember I was still feeling symptoms even after I knew the baby was gone and that's not a comfort. 

4. Any appointment updates? We've switched states since my last pregnancy and I have to find a new OB on our insurance. I'd gotten all the way to making an appointment with a new doctor and then she told me they had a no kids over the age of 6 mos policy at their office. As a SAHM that just made it impossible for me to use that office. I've been looking since then but haven't called anyone else. My MMC is making me feel so anxious about going. I'm so afraid to see that silent screen again that I'm full on avoiding making an appointment now. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: I'm pregnant today. 

6. Any milestones coming up? It was around 7wks that the mmc happened. If I can just make myself make an appointment and make it through that appointment unscathed, I think I'll relax a little. Probably not much but a little. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ruby696 that is seriously so awesome and I love that statistic. 95% chance of carrying both babies to birth! So are you looking at minivans now? Haha. I’m reluctantly about to have to buy one for this baby #3 😂
  • Options
    @Austenista I totally get the dread of the first US. I hope you find a doctor soon. ❤

@mdfarmchick I think MH would prefer a Suburban, but man, those minivan sliding doors are pretty awesome....
  • Options
    @ruby696 I would prefer a Suburban but man those things are $$$$$ 😜
  • Options
    @ruby696 Yes, definitely a lot to think about and more to plan for. I'm sure it will take some time to get your head wrapped around everything! That's a good point about the ages. My sister and I are also 4 years younger than our older siblings also. :) 

@jhysmath You could always call and ask if you can skip the confirmation appointment and just come in around 8 weeks.

@austenista ugh I'm sorry about your OB finding troubles. Hope you can get it with one soon!
  • Options
    @jhysmath my RE is two hours away.  I found that often I can get them to just email me a lab order and I can go to a lab that is 15 minutes from my work and then the results get sent direct to the RE.  Perhaps you can find some sort of compromise like this.

@Austenista I know what you mean about first ultrasound.  I was terrified to have mine.  Last time that was our first clue that the pregnancy was likely not viable, and about 2 weeks later I actually miscarried.  Believe me when I say that it is worth it to get it done and out of the way and if all looks good you will certainly feel some relief.  The night after I saw my heartbeat this time around was the best sleep I'd gotten in weeks.

and to the ladies talking about mini-vans, my brother totally bought a mini-van after baby number 3 (after swearing they never would).  Just look at the MPGs compared to a suburban and factor in gas at $3 or more a gallon and you may be swayed  ;)
  • Options
    @pirateduck I know. It hurts so bad to give in to the evil of sliding doors and being a soccer mom 😂

@Austenista I’m sorry about your troubles finding a good OB that works for you. I know the feeling well. I hope that you can make an appointment soon for some piece of mind. Hugs. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I have no intention of giving up my Jeep anytime soon  :D
  • Options
    @pirateduck oooh. What kind of Jeep? I have dreams of a Jeep when I finally get to have a fun car again. Someday 😂
  • Options
    @pirateduck oooh. What kind of Jeep? I have dreams of a Jeep when I finally get to have a fun car again. Someday 😂
    Nothing terribly fun, unfortunately, but it gets the job done.  It's an old Jeep Liberty.  I really need the 4wd and the high clearance living in the mountains.  It makes down some 4wd road or another at least once a week and gets me where I need to go.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I have a Jeep too! MH will probably cry when we trade it in. But no rush, we've obviously got a while.