Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 9/23

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 9/23

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 1/22, 22w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: purple

Upcoming Appointments: mfm scan today, chiro today as well

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I feel like baby b is trying to bust out the top of my uterus. It hurts so much. Other than that I’m just in pain. My ribs hurt again, my pelvis hurts, I’m tired, I’m cranky. I want crunchy things and all the fruit. 

Rants/Raves: Happy to be going back to the chiro today. We went to some thrift stores yesterday looking for a dresser/ rocking chair and came up empty handed. I was pretty disappointed. Also I’m breaking down and wearing leggings starting today. I’m so uncomfortable wearing pants already.

Questions: Anything to help the feeling of my skin tearing? 

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Right now I’m just tired. Normally I’m a night owl. I hate having to wake up in the morning. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - Anything special about this MFM appointment? Hope it goes well!
    I've had pretty good luck getting furniture on Facebook marketplace. The trick is to keep check it or set a notification for your search. The good deals go quick! 
    Have you tried cocoa butter? That seemed to help when my skin hurt from all the stretching.

EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 23+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Barbie doll

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 1, 24 week

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I finished out my bottle of Unisom last Monday, and figured I'd be okay this week past week, but I had waves of nausea at random times all week. And according to DH, I tossed and turned all night. I got another bottle even though I feel like I should be passed the point of taking meds for this.

Rants/Raves: DH's and DD's birthdays are this week. It's party city here! Crazy week.Today DD has a cardiology appointment, Tuesday is DH's birthday, Wednesday is DD's birthday plus another dr appointment with her ped. I'm going to take her out for breakfast before her appointment, then daycare is moving her up classes, so she's going to be way off her schedule. Thursday we have to take our car in for an oil change/check up. *TW* And Friday is my MC due date *End TW* Saturday is DD's party and my parents are coming to stay for a week. DEEP BREATHS.

Questions: Not now.

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither. My sweet spot is between the hours of 9am-1pm, and then an extra burst of energy from 4-7pm. I do get up at 5:45am and go to bed at 9:30-10pm. So I guess an early bird, but not by choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23+3, 1/17

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 9/30 OB, 10/30 OB

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I'm feeling good! This past week is the first week where I've noticed getting up is a bit harder from lying down and where I physically feel pregnant in the weight sense. Not heavy so much but I can notice my posture and center of gravity starting to shift a bit. Still craving all the spicy food. I did have some back pain, like dull aching pain, this weekend, but I think it was from standing too much on Friday. We went to the drag strip so I was doing a lot of walking around and standing and not a whole lot of sitting. But after sitting down for a while Saturday morning that passed. Also got nauseous again on Saturday out of the blue. I think it was hunger but still super frustrating. But otherwise, I felt fine. 

Rants/Raves: Rants: I gotta remember to start scheduling effing tours at day cares and the weekends go by so fast now that I forget to sit down the DH to schedule this out. UGH. Tomorrow, because tonight I'm doing my late night shopping at Wegmans.

Questions: nope

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Usually a night owl but lately I feel like a bed junkie instead.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @marebear15 I’m exhausted from your week! It’s nice you’re not adding another bday to all of that lol. Mfm today is just another growth and blood flow check. Dh found a dresser and a rocker on fb yesterday but he was too slow. It sold within and hour of posting. We have backups for ones to buy new, but ideally I’d love to save some money lol. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I've been using a supple skin oil, both this pregnancy and last time too which i really love (pic below) but really just moisturise at every opportunity for the stretching skin feeling. I hope that your scan goes well today & that baby girl is growing like crazy & catching up on her brother! 

lOccitane Amande Supple Body Oil
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 22w1d  Jan 26

Baby is the size of a(n): Pip Boy 3000

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Manana regular OB, growth scans to start at 24w. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Heart burn. Tired. Hot. Cranky. Frustrated by nesting desires hampered by the lack of work I can do on my house (long, family drama that even a court couldn't resolve)

Rants/Raves: There is a very yummy man lying in my bed right now and all I want to do is climb back into it and cuddle him. Pregnancy has made me short tempered, irritable, and cranky...but it also makes me super lovey dovey and I am sitting on the floor of our room so I don't disturb him...because I don't want to go in the other room to tele-not-work.

Questions: Negative, Ghost rider, the pattern is full.

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? I'm neither, really...or both, maybe. I like to get up NLT 730/800 and stay up until 12 or 1. I feel like I can make the most of my time that way. 

EDIT: Muscle Memory issues...ok, I used the wrong word.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I second the facebook marketplace. I actually just saw a glider for $60 that looks really good that I wanna show my hubby, not that I know where imma put it but I'll figure it out/ how to convince him that we should have it just in case. 

@marebear15 so sorry about your nausea. that's the worst.
  • Options
    @marebear15, I still get rando bouts of nausea and vomiting. I don't want to depress you too much, but...it might be here to stay for you. With DS1, I had first tri level morning sickness until the end of my pregnancy, and...IIR, about 3w into post partum, I was still nauseated, tho I'd quit throwing up. Also, egads about your week. You know we're here for you as you approach your due date. That is hard. Hormones don't make it easier. *hugs*
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I’ll have to look into that! I really need something. Baby girl is trying to escape and it is so sore. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 25th, 22wks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 16th

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): just uncomfortable in general, but overall, fine

Rants/Raves: despite my best efforts to avoid unnecessary contact, I still caught MH's cold 🤧😠
    Also, as sweet as a gesture as it was, I'm not thrilled about the 3 boxes full of MH's childhood toys and baby things that MIL brought. There are a couple cute keepsakes, like MH's first baby shoes (buster browns) and his first blanket which was only used to bring him home and there is a cute outfit that MIL knit for MH that I wouldn't mind using for DS. But the rest, it's just junk. It's mostly stuffed animals and other toys that clearly look 40 yrs old and kinda musty from years of storage. And of course MH is sentimental about it (I'm not a super sentimental person in general) so I can't say no but I'm certainly not wanting to give it to DS. Maybe some of the wooden toy cars when he's older but that's about it. So now I've just got more boxes to store. 😑

Questions: none.

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Usually a night owl, but lately, neither. Early to bed, late to rise. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 sorry to hear you're in pain. I second thre cocoa butter. Also, have you tried Craig's list for furniture? I've seen good stuff on there. 

@marebear15 *phew!* you have a busy week ahead of you!! **TW** sorry and sad about your upcoming due date. Creepy internet hugs ❤ **END TW**

@stashattack glad you're feeling good overall! Good luck finding a great daycare!! I also have a million things to do and never seem to have the time anymore. The lack of physical mojo doesn't help either. 

@FyreFlyeRush bummer you can't do things to your house that you want to. I feel that way too about some things in my house but money is what's stopping me 😝 I say, go snuggle your man! 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 23rd, 22w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue (I'm still on shock every time I write that or say it out loud!) 

Upcoming Appointments: I don't have the dates on me, but I do start getting extra ultrasounds at my next appt, because I am just so old... 

How are you feeling?(Cravings/Symptoms): Tired!  We have a dreaded cold.  I am finally getting past it, but it was a rough weekend.  I still crave all things sugary. 

Rants/Raves: I love our old, fixer upper house that we bought last fall.  But heading into the winter/heating season, the amount of work we have to do is overwhelming.  I just want to decorate a nursery.  Not spend all our money and time on getting heating set up correctly and insulating.  Wah, wah, wah.   I am sorry you are feeling stuck on your house updates,  @FyreFlye@FyreFlyeRush.  Its a tough position to be in.  

Questions:  Nope

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl?  A little of both these days.  I like staying up after the kids are in bed for kid free time, but I cannot sleep in anymore, and like to get my day moving.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue, I don't know how some people stay team green. You must have incredible will power

Upcoming Appointments: October 8

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Overall pretty good. My nipples have calmed down, which has been really nice. I'm not interested in lunch at all again.

Rants/Raves: Loving my new prenatal yoga class! And someone started a group meditation in my building, so that's cool.

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither. I've always been someone who needs a lot of sleep. But I'm more night owl than morning person. I hate morning.
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited September 2019
    @MollySm, it helps that SO and I are looking for our own house... And I can do whatever I want to that one. This is my late grandparents house, and it's stuck in probate hell. It needs so much work, but I don't want to sink money into a house that may end up just going back to the county if the relatives can't agree. SO and I did agree to put a few hundred dollars into paint...it has the original paint from 1978!!!!! 
    Edit - It's just frustrating to have this nesting instinct and not be able to do much about it. This bedroom, at least, will stop being so depressing and dreary. 
  • Options
    @persnickity, that's odd. I'm just a couple of days behind you and have lost all interest in dinner. 
  • Options
    I totally get it, @FyreFlyeRush.  We own our house, but financially and timewise we have to focus on structural and heating fixes, instead of cosmetic.  But it's depressing not to be able to paint and fix it up how I want to!  I know it will come, but  I am impatient.  Hopefully your situation will work itself out either way sooner rather than later
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: TSH values came back within range for the first time in this pregnancy, yay!  I guess we've hit the sweet spot with my thyroid meds so hopefully I'll be able to stay on this dose for a bit.  No appointments until the second week of October and then it's just a routine monthly MW visit.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I'm getting over a cold, so I'm feeling no-so-hot.  Being sick while pregnant is no fun at all.  Plus, I've been so busy at work that I haven't felt like I can take off for something as minor as a cold.  Pregnancy symptom-wise, I've been having random letdown sensations in my breasts the past week or so.  Like I'll be driving along and suddenly get a letdown sensation and instinctively check to make sure I haven't leaked through my shirt!  I guess it's nice that my boobs are getting ready to breastfeed again, but it's a bit weird since I don't remember experiencing this when pregnant with my DS or DD.  Anyone else having this?

Rants/Raves: Prenatal yoga is great.  I started going once/week a few weeks ago and I'm already feeling so much better in my hips/back.  Highly recommend looking into if you might be interested.

Questions: N/A

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? I tend to do my best work in the morning, so I'll say "early bird" although I don't have a super-easy time getting out of bed in the morning.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I can't imagine how much pelvic pain you must be having with two!   As for your skin, I've been using the Tubby Todd mama oil on my stomach.  It's non greasy and very moisturizing.  Unfortunately it isn't the cheapest option out there but thankfully a little goes a long way.
    @marebear15 wow what a busy week!  Hope everything goes well at the birthday party this weekend!
    @stashattack I've had a couple backaches/pain this pregnancy.  My doctor thinks it has to do with the position of the baby on a nerve since it never lasts long.  He just said to lay down and relax and hopefully baby will fix the rest.
    @peppyj9 Old baby stuff that you do not want is the worst!  My MIL tried to give me my SIL's old velvet dresses and I kindly had to deny them by saying maybe SIL would like them.  Then while she was going through them you could see all the old stains.  Maybe keep what you like and have him to tell his mother that you're not interested in all of it and maybe she would keep and store it.
    @MollySm I know it seems like a pain in the ass now but it will be worth it.  It's more of a pain to have no heat in the middle of the winter with a newborn and that's from experience.
    @persnickity It's definitely not easy being team green but always worth it in the delivery room.  Part of me wants to know NOW but the other part doesn't.  
    @cats_in_a_window no letdown feeling yet.  I also just weaned my youngest about 3 weeks ago so maybe that's why.  

EDD/Weeks + Days:  Jan 24th,  22+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green

Upcoming Appointments: I have a repeat ultrasound tomorrow that is focusing on the heart's vessels.  I'm hoping everything comes back good.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  I'm feeling ok.  I'm still tired but overall can't complain.  I do have some pelvic pain already. I'm assuming maybe because I've given birth twice already but damn why so soon!?!?

Rants/Raves:  Honestly I hate being pregnant.  The idea is amazing and I'm so proud of what my body can do I just do enjoy it at all.  I feel bad I feel that way but I'm already over this pregnancy and would love to be holding my baby now.

Questions:  Anyone else have a breech baby that is kicking the shit out of their bladder and cervix?

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl?  Neither.....  I hate getting up in the morning but also have trouble staying up at night.  If I had to pick I'm probably more of a night owl that could watch movies cuddled with a blanket while everyone sleeps occasionally.
  • Options
    @mispanda thanks. I feel like such an ungrateful bitch about it and it's not like I'm all bougie or anything, and I don't even mind hand me downs in good condition, but I really don't want tattered old relics from 40 years ago. One of the teddy bears is actually misshapen from being stuffed in a weird position for so many years lol. Half the wooden cars have chew marks from MH's childhood dog, the alphabet blocks are also chewed and missing half the letters. Like, just, why? I also received MH's wicker bassinet with the torn up plastic pad "mattress" from the 70's. She agreed I can't use it as a bassinet but maybe just for decoration! Um, I guess. She did say to just use what I wanted, but she said it all belongs to MH now so she clearly doesn't want to store it anymore. The thing is, MH didn't even know she had it but of course now wants to store it all lol. Not sure what for, it's literally just going to rot in a box. Oh well. 

Also agree that pregnancy in general sucks. I just want my baby! Wish there were an easier way to grow one!
  • Options
    @mispanda yes, both are breech and woke me
    up last night from kicking the heck out of my
    bladder! They are killing me. Idk how I’m lasting the next 4ish months. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I'm so glad that the chiro is working but sad that you are in so much pain. I can't imagine carrying two as it is getting more painful for me with just one!
    @marebear15 You make me exhausted just reading your posts!
    @stashattack I also feel behind on tours. I need to set up a labor and delivery tour one of these days and it is just constantly on my to-do list...
    @peppyj9 I think my worst nightmare is to get a cold at this point. Ugg that just sounds miserable. Hope you are the mend soon! Also, I don't think it's rude not to use old stuff. We do a delicate balance of old and new in our nursery. It took some convincing that we didn't want the 1940s crib for instance but we got there in the end and only I cried lol! 
    @FyreFlyeRush Not being able to do the things in your house that you want to do is a frustrating experience. We have so many things that we want to do but most of our hesitation is simply financial. It just doesn't fit in the budget and it is hard to wait for that magical money to appear...
    @catsinawindow yay for good thyroid numbers!
    @MollySm at least the house will be warm but hidden costs are always the worst!
    @persnickity I was feeling a little left out as team green at the 20w mark but I'm really happy now actually and feel no desire to know weirdly. Though my MIL insists that the US tech wouldn't be able to hide it from us and that we just wouldn't tell her....but that's a whole other story lol
    @mispanda I feel you on the not enjoying pregnancy thing. It is okay but I don't like not being able to do the things that I used to do. The plus side is that people look at me and smile all the time so it's nice that it makes others happy I guess. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 25/22 + 3 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut?

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green 

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 9 for a routine 24 week appointment. I get to meet my new reg OB though I have talked to her on the phone and she seems knowledgeable and nice so that's good

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I'm feeling a bit better. Emotionally I am better knowing I have a plan in place in case I do have a vasa previa and that the doctors have ordered the correct tests. Physically, I am a bottomless pit. I feel like I eat and eat and eat and this is going to get bad soon!

Rants/Raves: My parents are in town helping us put down flooring in the nursery. It is looking good and makes me so excited to have progress there. Also coincidentally though we had this planned to be done in May, the painters came to paint our house this week. You never know about house colors but it is turning out well and I like it so that is a relief!

Questions: Not that I can think of at the moment.

GTKY:  Are you an early bird or a night owl? Definitely an early bird. Any cognitive work past 8pm isn't going to happen. That doesn't mean I wake up early necessarily but I definitely can't stay up late lol!
  • Options
    @biolprof I feel you on the bottomless pit train. I feel like Im back in high school on my swim team where nothing would feel me up. Luckily my birthing class has a day where we tour L&D so I’ve got that at least set up. Though I’m getting to the point I want a schedule of the class. I mean I know rationally it doesn’t start for another month. But I just wanna know!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 How often do you see the chiropractor? I've debated about seeing one in the 3rd trimester to help make sure my hips are in alignment for labor.

@marebear15 hope your week of birthdays and events is going well! 

@stashattack we ended up with touring 3 daycares. The first one used scare tactics on us. Told us that spots were limited and waiting lists were long for places in our area. They said there were two spots left and we should make a deposit fast. I freaked, gave them a check that same day. Then found a better fit and ended up losing the deposit. 

@mispanda I was hoping the movement down low was that the baby had turned and wasn't breach anymore. I've been feeling a lot of low bladder/crotch kicks.

@biolprof your mil is crazy. Trying to read an ultrasound without training is crazy hard. 
  • Options
    @persnickity right now I’m going twice a week because of my rib issue. Mine likes to see pregnant women once a week to realign the hips, check SI joint/pelvis alignment etc. I highly recommend it. She’s fixing issues I’ve had since falling down the stairs last year as well as realigning everything for me so babies have as much room as possible. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I've heard so many positive things about seeing one. The once a week commitment feels like a lot right now though. I'll have to think about it more
  • Options
    @marebear15 i hope you start feeling better soon and lots of love sent your way today.
  • Options
    @marebear15 that's such a crazy week. I'm so sorry you got sick! I assume you think it's just a stomach bug. Take care of yourself! I hate random errands that seem to suck away life but have to happen!
  • Options
    @marebear15 , Hugs for today. I didn't realize it had hit me until a few days later when I looked back and realized I'd been a total female dog to everyone everywhere and was super touchy. Just remember to take things one minute at a time. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 aww, what a hectic week for you! So embarrassing to get sick in a public place. I hope Toyota girl was understanding. I'm glad you don't have anything too pressing on your plate today and hope you allow yourself to feel any feels that come your way today. And then, please woman, take it easy this weekend. You deserve it!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - I CAN'T 😭 DD's birthday party is this weekend, so it's going to be crazy! Maybe Sunday I can relax lol. My parents are coming Saturday for the week, so I'm thinking of letting them babysit one evening while I hole up in my room and watch a few episodes of Netflix. I need my chill time.
  • Options
    @marebear15 that is a tough week! Hugs! Definitely take advantage of having your parents there & have as much time for you as you can get!
  • Options
    @marebear15 I think I need a nap from your week! Hope you’re feeling a little better today, but sending lots of hugs for your supposed to be dd. Hope the party goes smoothly tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 That's an exhausting week! I hope the party goes smoothly and you can rest Sunday.