January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/23-9/29

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/23-9/29

• Options
    This weekend was so hot, like 32C/89.6F hot and humid. I hope this was the last one before fall because I couldn’t take it Hahha. I’m definitely eagerly awaiting proper fall weather
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited September 2019
    Ugh. It's been hot here, too. Normally, we're down around 90/32.2 by this time of year. We're currently still stuck around 97/36.1. It sucks horribly. I just want this high pressure system to die already and give me my mild, foggy autumn days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sameee. I am so ready for fall weather. 
  • Options
    DD has been a nightmare behaviour wise the past few days. Including being sat out at nursery yesterday for repeat bad behaviour and not listening and refusing to go to bed last night. It ended up that we had to lock her room door to keep her in last night (i sat on the other side of the door the whole time) and within 5 minutes she got into bed and went straight to sleep.
    This morning she woke up like a different child, was well rested and full of songs, fun, hugs and kisses (as opposed to yesterday morning when i had to leave for work and she was lay on the kitchen floor in a huff, refusing to speak to me). And our line manager took the team out for breakfast this morning as one of our quantity surveyors is leaving. So today is a much better day!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady such a nightmare, I've noticed DD has her day's and it's always due to either being tired or hungry, I think I will need to push her bed time up from 8 to 7:30 (she wake's up at 7:30). What time does your DD go to bed vs wake up?
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k usually between 7-8pm depending on how much faffing about she does and she is up at 7am mon-thur but will sleep later at the weekends. Usually she is happy to go to bed but last night was a disaster & i felt like the worst mummy in the world locking the door to keep her in!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady, how old is she? Everyone talks about terrible twos, but I found 3 to be horrendous with both my kids. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush ya my daughter at 2 was an angel, I'm seeing this behaviour now at 3
  • Options
    I feel like 4 with ds is going to push me over the edge. He was great for 2, started going a little crazy at 3 but now it’s never ending arguing and fighting. Bedtime has been hell lately because of it.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 oh no! do you think it's the major changes coming up, or would have happened any way? I feel like my daughter is pretending to act more like a baby sometimes, wanting to be carried now all the time or can't do things she normally does by herself
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I think it’s just something that would have happened. It started a few months before his 4th bday and has just progressively gotten worse. It’s like he found his voice so he just chooses to fight everything Dh or I say. Sometimes we will get an easier night, but for the most part, if he doesn’t want to do it, he will make it known.

• Options
    @FyreFlyeRush she's 2.5 & generally is a great little girl but has her moments like they all do. im trying to give a little leeway with all the changes that shes got coming at her & trying to process at the minute but still be firm and maintain discipline at the same time. Parenting is hard!
  • Options
    You are all ruining the grand idea I have in my head of what an amazing parent I'll be and how my child will always be a perfect angel who never questions my authority 😫😅😅
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady DD is 2 and we get random cranky days too. I can't always figure out what caused it, but sometimes she'll tell me something happened at daycare or that she doesn't feel good. It would be helpful if she said that in the moment, instead it takes until the next day. 🙄

@kbrown2385 you need to tell us that it's getting better at 4, not worse. 😉 We're all looking to get past the twos and threes and be safe if the random craziness at 4.
  • Options
    @persnickity I hear 5 is good 🤷🏻‍♀️😆. Everyone kept telling me that it gets better year after year. They all lied. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 hah! I have no illusions my child will be an angel but I do question a bit what I have gotten myself into hearing all the STMs!
  • Options
    @biolprof Ha! I don't really either, I was only being facetious. If my kid is anything like I was, he will think he knows everything and knows it better than his parents 😐 I was a good kid in general but looking back, I could be a self righteous, smartass. So yea, I'm in for some payback 🙃 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 @persnickity, Yeah...it doesn't get better. There are less meltdowns at 7, but he's become so much more mischievous...and his curiosity rivals a cat. As does his complete lack of a filter. He got in trouble the other day at school for TYING HIS SHOE TO A KID'S BELTLOOP!! Why???? My partner and I found my old Galaxy 8 behind the couch and the screen was obliterated. I asked what happened to it. The sweet angel wanted to know what happens when you hit a cell phone with a hammer. Then there was the time he got in trouble because the kids were talking about bad words and one said Freaking is a bad word, and my darling darling boy said, "Freaking in a bad word. F*ck is." Of course, he says this as his teacher walks by. He cut a knot out of his hair a couple of weeks ago, and has a bald spot. Tested the sharpness of the blade on my Leatherman by cutting himself. (He wasn't hurt, and it was more like a paper cut). Oh, and we were at family dinner with SO's much more conservative, traditional, and religious family. I just caught before explaining to his emotionally/mentally younger cousin how the baby got in my tummy. "What, I was just going to tell him about D-I-C-K.", spelling it. The whole table stopped and looked at him. "He can't spell." I was equal parts mortified and trying not to laugh. Was my partner helpful? No, he's gleefully laughing. 

My child is NOT normal. He's at the far end of intelligence and it's driving me BONKERS! He's too smart for his own good! All my man will say is, "And you're about to have THREE of us! Maybe even FOUR!" Gaia, save me.
  • Options
    @biolprof and @peppyj9 2.5 - 4 is intense, but you will love them all the same.  Last night, when dd was screaming at me about me not letting her sleep in my bras I just told her, "I'm just going to laugh at you because you are being so ridiculous.  You know that is not what changes mom's mind."  Then she started to laugh and finally gave me my bras back.

@leprechaunlady, @persnickity , and @kbrown2385 Seriously, what is it with 2.5 and bed time?  It has recently become a major headache.  The next morning I can laugh about it, but at the time I am losing my mind. 

• Options
    @ponyoisfun, My 7yo still fights me on it, and it's a battle every night. I've gone in there 1hr later to check on him, and he's reading by flashlight or playing with his stuffed animals. His bedtime is 9, and he'll force keep himself awake until 11 or 12 unless he's completely worn out. *sigh*
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady sorry for the tough night.  My 4.5 year old still has good and bad nights.  Most nights she goes to bed well and then there are some where shes out of her room a million times and coming up with a bunch of excuses.  One night she said she had to potty and I swear she took 20 minutes to squeeze a nugget size poop out just so she didn't have to sleep.  Bed time is definitely one of my least favorite things!  
  • Options
    Trying to organize a family dinner with SO's Catholic, Conservative, Republican, Trump supporting mother and my Protestant, Liberal, Democratic, Biden supporting family. It'll either be his mom and my parents, or I'll rip off the bandaid and intro her to the entire clan at one shot. This...could be interesting. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I know that feeling of trying to not wage war over politics among family. Good luck!
  • Options
    I only have one pair of pants I can wear to teach my T/Th class. Dumb maternity pants don't have a waistband and so there is nowhere to clip a mic pack....I have one pair of pants that have decorative loops I can attach the pack too but it severely limits my wardrobe. My 200 students are going to think I only wear grey pants! Hah!
  • Options
    @biolprof, have you checked target? I saw some with side panels instead of belly panels. I think they had belt loops. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush may check that out but I'm also cheap and don't want to buy more things 😂
  • Options
    Anyone having issues with accessing the month clubs on the app??  This is the first time I've been able to get on the board all week, but I had to use the website because my app still won't load the community!!  I've missed you all! 😭
  • Options
    @biolprof I can so relate.  I have to carry a walkie and keys for teaching.  It is super awkward to put a large walkie in the pocket of a sweater (plus totally uncomfortable to wear one when it is so hot). So many of my maternity pants have high waistbands and false pockets.  Maybe I should try a fanny pack...that sounds stylish. 

• Options
    @ponyoisfun I wear a lanyard for my keys but the walkie is tricky. Someone mentioned wearing a decorative belt. Yeah I'm resisting the fanny pack too 😂 maybe the walkie can clip to a lanyard or your can tie a ribbon and wear it like a purse cross body?

@valerie4786 yes the community thing completely failed on the app this week for many. I can't use it either. I be just put a tab in my internet browser on my phone instead. So dumb!
  • Options
    @biolprof @ponyoisfun someone in my office wears a fanny pack. Ate has so many random things to carry, that's the easiest way. For the walkie talkies and mic clips, putting a belt on just for those sounds like a good option. Maybe buy a tool belt. 😂
  • Options
    @valerie4786 have you tried just opening up the bump on your safari or google browser from your phone? I find it work's just as well, I don't even use the app
  • Options
    I'll second @c1kc1kpol1cn1k that's how I do it 
  • Options
    @biolprof and @persnickity I like the belt idea.  I'm not sure if I am ready for a fanny pack. 

• Options
    @ponyoisfun I don't know if anyone is ready for a fanny pack... ☺️