Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 9/23 check-in

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 9/23 check-in

• EDD:  May 23rd / currently 5+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green.... though DH is much more uncertain this time around haha

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: 9/30 ultrasound!

How are you feeling?  Pretty good. After DD, I had a lot of back pain since I have diastasis recti. I hadn’t worked to close the gap a bunch and the pain went away until last week. So I’ve been doing my exercises more again and I’m hoping that helps!

Raves/Rants: I went to Jonas Brothers on Friday and it was so much fun! I went with 4 friends that I had seen them with in high school 11 years ago so it was a blast. Also, yesterday we went apple picking for my mom’s 60th birthday celebration and we were very fortunate that the weather paused the rain for the 2 hours that we were there! Plus, I only threw up on the apple trees once while we were by the pigs 😂

Questions: hasn’t anyone gone through a pregnancy with diastasis recti from the beginning? Did you wear a brace? 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why?  Right now, DH and I have been talking about wanting to go to Ireland because we love wide open spaces and Game of Thrones. Originally we were thinking of going in the spring but obviously that won’t be happening now!
  • EDD: 5/22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): ?

Upcoming appointments: U/S October 11

How are you feeling? Fine. Only symptom is vivid dreams

Raves/Rants: Weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find I lost 1.2 lbs in the last month. We lived with my ILs mid-June to mid-August and they keep way more junk food around than we typically do. I'm slightly overweight so am hoping only to gain 20 lbs this pregnancy...

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Alaska. I am so intrigued by it. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • EDD: May 23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: not till 10/4

How are you feeling? Okay-ish. Nothing to write home about. 

Raves/Rants: I just took a new role on at work. It’s exciting and intimidating. They of course don’t know I’m pregnant yet, so I’m a little nervous to tell them in a few months. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? I travel a good amount for work, so really just a warm place with a beach would be good for me. 

@mokay19 I don’t have DR but I have a grade 2/3 bladder prolapse from my second birth. I’m terrified it’s going to get worse. I was in really good shape at the beginning of the summer which helped with back pain and all my other symptoms, but then majorly slacked off because of it being the summer. I’m really hoping I can get working out again now to strengthen my core more before I start getting a big belly. I have to talk to my OB about it. She said it won’t cause any harm having it while being pregnant, but I’m worried it will make my end of pregnancy pretty miserable. 

• EDD: 5/23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple Seed

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound on 10/11

How are you feeling?: Exhausted! I've noticed if I don't snack throughout the day I get headaches. Also very bloated, I've had to unbutton my pants a couple times at work.This is my first baby and thought I had a couple more weeks... I was wrong. 

Raves/Rants: My team at work scheduled a group dinner tonight (monday) :( I'd rather be at home napping

Questions: probably too many to count, I'm finding the wealth of knowledge available on the internet intimidating 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why?  I'd love to be able to go to New Zealand!
  • @aneggnamedalex go to New Zealand and walk the LOTR path??
  • EDD: 5/18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: Today! They did a urine test and surprise! It should the same as the 8 HPTs I peed on. Just a nurse visit, but after work I'm going to get my blood drawn.

How are you feeling? So tired. Bloated. The nausea comes and goes. I can't eat apples because they all of a sudden give me diarrhea. I read on the American Pregnancy Assoc. site that hormones can cause the body to react to what were normal foods negatively. 

Raves/Rants: My DR office used to not do a US scan before 12-weeks but said they offer it now, so I have a scan scheduled for 9-weeks!! I'm so happy because with DD my uterus was retroverted and they couldn't get her heartbeat with the doppler at 9-weeks. Definitely scared me. But now I get to see the new THB!

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Always Europe. I just love it there. 

@mokay19 I'd love to go to Ireland! I'm sure you'll get there eventually!

@catem07 I tracked what I ate during my first pregnancy and only gained about 20 pounds. I mainly did it to make sure I was getting enough protein but it did keep me from over intaking on calories. Its doable! I gained a bunch breastfeeding tho...

@aneggnamedalex Don't resist the maternity pants. They help with the bloat!
  • EDD: May 20 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed/end of a straw 

Upcoming appointments: not until Oct. 21 - feels ages away!!!!!

How are you feeling? exhausted, sore boobs, but relatively okay. 

Raves/Rants: MH told me that he thinks my symptoms are "all in me head" because I am just remembering symptoms from DS....I about slapped him. 

Questions: nothing really.

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? I really want to go Greece! I just love everything about it from the history, culture, food, beaches - I want it all!! MH has a cousin who lives in Greece..so maybe one day......
  • EDD: 5/24 Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed Upcoming appointments:10/9 How are you feeling? Ok most of the time. It’s freaking hot today and I was feeling pretty crappy before lunch. Also so thirsty and insomnia, but then so tired in the evening Raves/Rants: just want to jump to week 12 so I can let myself get excited Questions: not really. This is baby #3, so I’m an expert at this point GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? Italy. DH lives there in college so he never feels the need to go back but I really want to see it!
    BabyName Ticker
  • EDD: 5/24 Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed Upcoming appointments:10/9 How are you feeling? Ok most of the time. It’s freaking hot today and I was feeling pretty crappy before lunch. Also so thirsty and insomnia, but then so tired in the evening Raves/Rants: just want to jump to week 12 so I can let myself get excited Questions: not really. This is baby #3, so I’m an expert at this point GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? Italy. DH lives there in college so he never feels the need to go back but I really want to see it!
    BabyName Ticker
  • EDD: May 20th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, can’t wait!

Baby is the size of a(n): I read the size of an eraser on a No.2 pencil

Upcoming appointments: First one 10/9-counting down every day!

How are you feeling? Small bouts of nausea, sore boobs, mostly just nerves anxious about the trimester going okay

Raves/Rants: I’ve heard so often people say at 6 weeks they get so much more sick-I’m scared! I’m a high school teacher and just keep imagining me running out of the room in the middle of talking to 30 teenagers. 

Questions: I’m a FTM, any moms with experience-did anxiety decrease at all after 12 weeks? Im so weary of being too excited in this first trimester and just want to get EXCITED about a baby!

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? The next place I really want to travel to is Greece! It looks so gorgeous-the architecture, history, and the ocean views. It’s definitely next on my list!
  • EDD: 5/18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out at the anatomy scan

Baby is the size of a(n): embryo

Upcoming appointments: not until 10/18, I think I’ll be 9 weeks then 

How are you feeling? Pretty good! So far feel less nauseous than the last two times, but I realize that could change. Also less fatigued, but that might be because now I’m just permanently tired and never get to nap like I used to. 

Raves/Rants: I just had to go to the pharmacy at 10 pm because I realized I have a yeast infection and I probably wouldn’t sleep half the night if I didn’t fix it immediately. And now my vagina is full of burning yeast infection cream. 😡 Sorry, only semi related to pregnancy, but it’s all I can think about right now. 

Questions: wondering if I could be having a boy this time since I seem to be having less morning sickness. I don’t really buy into that theory, but I did dream last night that it’s a boy, so it’s got me thinking! (I have two girls so far). 

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? Nowhere, I’d have everyone else travel away from me and let me nap. 😴 💤 
  • @KaylaSadie HS teacher here too. With DD and this baby I never actually threw up. Just weeks of 24/7 nausea. Keep crackers in your bag and snack as much as you can between classes. Try SeaBands too, they help me lessen the worst nausea. 

And yes, the anxiety goes down, especially as you see a more human looking form on the ultrasound and start to feel the baby move regularly. I'm so excited for my first US in a few weeks!
  • @KaylaSadie yes my anxiety went down eventually (2nd trimester), but then increased again when preparing for birth (but the birthing classes helped a ton with what to expect!) 
  • EDD: May 21

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green. We won’t be finding out with this babe, same as with our son. 

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow is my midwife appointment 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. A bit tired after work and not a huge appetite from lunch on but not really nauseated or anything 

I really want to go to Iceland to do some hiking and exploring. The scenery just looks so amazing. 
  • @jrouge12 It’s encouraging to hear you haven’t had an episode in front of students-I’m deathly afraid of it! When is your first US?!Mine is in two weeks and every day is going by sooo slooooowly! Ps. What do you teach?
    @mamaqdubu I’m so glad your anxiety faded a little-that is encouraging! But what you’re saying makes sense-you feel it in DIFFERENT ways! I’m an anxious person and will feel it throughout. After the 1st I’m sure I’ll be scared for anatomy scan and everything looking ok, and then in the 3rd I’ll probably be in the same boat as you-I’m terrified to deliver! BUT I  just hope after this 1st trimester it’ll ease enough to feel joyful and EXCITED to be a FTM, instead of SO overwhelmed by doubt. 
  • @KaylaSadie and @Jrouge12 - also a high school teacher! I teach block classes and the lack of bathroom breaks is already killing me! I didn't have any sickness with my first, but I'm still worried it will come on with this one...I'm planning on snacks and water and mints seem to help too. 
  • EDD: 5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments: I had my first appointment today and another in 2 weeks. 

How are you feeling? Super tired, nauseous and sore boobs. All the fun stuff. 

Raves/Rants: my hormones are definitely raging and I have to keep my anxiety/irritation in check. My husband was making all the mouth noises at dinner last night and I wanted to scream. To defend him though, he was sweet when I was super nauseous and offered to go get me some ginger ale, which is a 180 from my first pregnancy. 

Questions: Nothing really

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Why? The Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. They are my happy place. 
  • @chewie5990 same due date! @Pascal86 sending the family away so you can nap actually sounds like a great idea. I need some peace lol
  • @chewie5990 I hope you’ll be as lucky with no sickness this time too! Block schedule is so tough-I struggle with bathroom breaks just on regular schedule and it’s still so early! Hope you’ll be able to sneak away when you need to, and then none of us get sick in front of the kids haha!
  • @KaylaSadie My first US is three weeks away! I'm so excited! I have a teacher friend who knows I'm KU and it helps to have someone to tell that I'm super nauseous. I'm also really close to my office and had to have a colleague watch my class the other week while I peed! If you PM me I'll tell you what I teach, I try not to post too much identifying info about myself. I'm a little extra (to quote the kids).

@chewie5990 Block schedule to be so tough right now. For some reason the need to pee really hits in the afternoon. I'm surprised no one has noticed I'm only eating ritz crackers and gingerale right now! 
  • EDD:  May 18, 2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a pearl from Audrey Hepburn's necklace in Breakfast at Tiffany's

Upcoming appointments: nothing until Oct. 14th

How are you feeling? Nauseous. dry heaving. exhausted.

Raves/Rants: Pretty rude that Bean is sucking the brains out of my head and I can't remember common normal names for things but okay.

Questions: 

Currently? to bed because I'm exhausted.