Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 9/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 9/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Sorry for the frustrating cycle. Does O ever come this late? Are you tracking any other symptoms like temp or cervical position? 
  • Options
    @keikilove the last 3 cycles have all been 37-39 days so I’m assuming yes, or else they’ve been an-o cycles - I only started really using OPKs this month. In the past I’ve been fairly regular 28-30 days but a late O isn’t uncommon, this just feels really late. Not temping or tracking cervical position (tbh, I’m not sure how but should probably do that!) but plan on temping next month. 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee I see. So this is fairly normal for you. Totally not trying to give unsolicited advice so ignore the rest if it’s just annoying.  
    If you used to have 28-30 day cycles you may want to talk to your doctor (if you haven’t already) now that they’ve gotten longer. It could be PCOS, which many members here have,
    (or maybe no issue at all if you recently gave birth or are breastfeeding. I’m so sorry I can’t remember the details of your intro right now.)
  • Options
    @keikilove I appreciate any and all advice! @gingermama29 I’m not sure about PCOS but wouldn’t rule it out. I have an appt coming up in October with my pcp so I plan to ask her thoughts. 

Tw for pregnancy mention**
    Before my first pregnancy I was regular 28-30 days, however, still a later O confirmed through OPKs. After I had my LO almost a year ago I went on hormonal bc and have been off it for 3 cycles and all of those cycles have been 37-40 days. So it’s totally possible it’s due to being postpartum, my hormones trying to figure their shit out or something like PCOS. Or a combo of all that. It’s so hard to tell! 

• Options
    @bows22 I'd predict O yesterday too based on that chart, but tomorrow will make it more obvious. I'm totally with you on HIO not sounding appealing. 

@keikilove happy Monday to you too :P glad you had a nice weekend

@chaos-and-coffee I'm sorry you're feeling so discouraged :( When are you taking the OPKs? I hear some ladies need to take them 2x a day to catch the surge as it can be very short. Are they a brand you trust? 

@gingermama29 I'm glad you had a nice weekend :) 

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @saladflambe glad your temps were closer together! Yay!

@chaos-and-coffee sorry for your confusing cycles - it’s so frustrating not knowing exactly what’s going on. Uteruses are a pain sometimes! (Often!)

@keikilove glad you had a good weekend :) I did too!

@bows22 I hope your Monday is turning out better than you thought it’d be! At least you have a low key night to look forward too. I don’t feel like HIO either (but luckily I’m only CD 2 and have AF so I have plenty of excuses lol)

• Options
    Oops.. I knew I’d leave one out. 

@gingermama29 oh my goodness your wedding weekend date sounds so fun! I love a road trip. ❤️ plus a fall wedding sounds absolutely beautiful. 
  • Options
    @singing_koala saying no is the best form of self care I've ever found <3

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Options
    @keikilove sounds like a perfect weekend! And that’s okay, now that I’m not in bed I’m more ready to face the week haha 

@chaos-and-coffee I hope you get a dark OPK soon. Mine don’t really get gradually darker. They are light and then I get a positive out of nowhere. So maybe that will happen soon for you. 

@gingermama29 that’s so fun about the wedding! We have a wedding next month too which I am weirdly excited about. 

@saladflambe I always get excited when I have 2 days in a row of similar temps haha 

@singing_koala good for you for knowing your limits and saying no! I have gotten better about that too in the past couple of years and it is liberating
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee hopefully you can get some answers with your pcp.

@saladflambe yay for some temp stability. Good luck with HIO tonight.

@singing_koala honestly being able to say no and take care of yourself is such a hard thing to do, so all the kudos to you for being able to! Also the cookie decorating is so cool! I was a cake decorator for a year before I got my teaching job and sometimes I miss decorating cakes (but not that job).
  • Options
    Stuck in meetings the rest of the day so coming back in for tags quick so I don’t bump and run! 

@saladflambe also gotta HIO tonight and not feeling it. Luckily I have all day to gear up lol. I use easy @ home cheapies and they’ve worked in the past. FF is predicting FW this week with O Thursday so I’m going to test 2x/day starting today. Kinda hopeful kinda not. We will see! 

@singing_koala good for you for taking time for yourself. So important! Also jealous of your cookie decorating abilities. 
  • Options
    Uuugh I forgot to buy preseed...
    It's so expensive...
    I don't wanna.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2 

CD: 50 (feels like 100)

WAYDTGTKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone. 

R/R: Weekend was wonderful...we had a nice time camping and I enjoyed being unplugged the rest of the weekend! Got on and caught up yesterday, but didn’t post. Hope you all had a great weekend!! 

CS/Q: None.

@bows22 hope your Monday goes by fast and tonight is more relaxing than your weekend was! You mentioned on Friday that AF would probably be super inconvenient and come while camping...that was a no-go, but I’m putting money on her arrival being right before or during vacation! 😒

@keikilove glad you had a good weekend!! Hope your many efforts will pay off this cycle...that is quite the list!! 

@chaos-and-coffee sorry your cycle is being long/frustrating! Hope you get a + OPK soon! 

@gingermama29 glad you had a good visit with the IL’s...hopefully they didn’t notice/judge your house cleaning! Your wedding date weekend sounds wonderful! 

@saladflambe hope your soreness goes away soon! Glad your temp has stabilized a bit so you can hopefully pinpoint O! We use ConceivePlus from Amazon...and I think it’s a little cheaper than Preseed and I actually think it has a better consistency (less sticky) than Preseed. 

@singing_koala man, how do you do all that?! Good for you for saying no...I’m glad you feel rested for the week and didn’t feel guilty for taking some time for yourself! 

• Options
    @kpearse99 it does seem odd to me that being in the 99-even 100 range is normal for you in the AM... are you sleeping with a weighted or heated blanket? Flannel sheets? 

• Options
    @saladflambe nope! I run really really hot when I sleep - I don't sweat or anything like that, but I do wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm on fire and I have to toss the covers off to cool down.  We lowered the thermostat down to 67 when we sleep and that seems to have helped the last few nights, I haven't needed to take the covers off anyway...
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, maca, SMEP

R/R: We had a pretty chill weekend, did a bit of shopping and rode the four wheeler around a bit. We were pretty lazy honestly. Everything will be busy the next several weeks though! Our 6 year anniversary is coming up and I need to find a gift for DH. 

CS/Q: expecting O in the next few days! 

• Options

@bows22 I hope you have a more relaxing work week!

@keikilove I’m glad you had a good weekend!

@chaos-and-coffee I hope you get a positive OPK soon! And that everything evens out for you soon. 

@gingermama29 Your trip sounds so fun! 

@saladflambe are you temping vaginally? Mine was all over the place last month when I did! Also same on the pre-seed why is is so expensive!! I don’t remember if any oils, coconut or olive are sperm friendly. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@singing_koala I’m glad that you were able to say no for once and take a break! You have to take care of yourself too! Sorry about AF:(

@bluetickgal I’m glad you had a good camping trip! Once the weather gets cooler, I’d love to go again too! 

@kpearse99 I wonder why your temps are so high? Maybe that’s just your normal? We put our fall stuff this weekend too! I hope your toe heals soon! 

• Options
    Goooooood Morning Ladies!! Happy Monday 😁

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Checking CM, Conceive Plus+, FF, and today I’ll be buying some OPK’S for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good brand to use? I’ve never used them before so.

R/R: I had a very uneventful weekend. Went out for a nice dinner on Friday with my DH and the In-laws. Relaxed on the couch and binged watch tv shows and slept pretty much most of the day on Sunday. Lol. I’m off work today so gonna veg out again lol. 

CS/Q: None 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal aw man I was hoping my prediction would come true. I am really hoping AF will be here and gone before your vacation. 

@kpearse99 that is really weird about your temps! Do you think you toss and turn a lot? It sounds like you had a very productive weekend, but I’m sorry about your poor toe!

@photographerwife jealous of your lazy weekend. Good luck coming up with a gift, I never have good ideas. My H mentioned yesterday that he needs a new wallet and I am hoping he doesn’t get around to doing that in the next 2 months before his birthday 

• Options
    @saladflambe it really is the best! I just need to get better at doing it. 😊 

@gingermama29 oh my goodness you’re a teacher and a cake decorator? We’re even more alike! It IS really rewarding seeing the finished product once all the cookies are done. My favorite part is taking the pictures at the end. :) but it sure does take a lot of time lol so I get why you don’t do it much anymore. I thought about quitting teaching and opening a bakery but it sounds kind of risky. 

@bows22 thank you ❤️ I’m still working on it

@chaos-and-coffee thank you, and you totally could do it! I learned by watching people on insta. 

@bluetickgal so sorry for your long cycle, but I’m glad you enjoyed camping! I haven’t been camping in over a year now and it makes me sad to think about. I looove a weekend in the woods. ❤️  Did y’all do some hiking / sight-seeing? Or relaxing by a fire?

@kpearse99 oh no, your poor toe! I bet you’re fall home looks so pretty. 😊 I do really need to get better at saying no! I agree with ladies above, those temps seem high. I could totally be normal. Is this your first cycle temping?

@photographerwife That’s exciting about your 6th anniversary! Yay! I’m sure the perfect gift idea will come to you. 

@mindyb2019 I hope you enjoyed your relaxing weekend! I’ve never used OPKs either, but I know the ladies here will have good advice for that. Good luck! 😊 
  • Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited September 2019

@bows22 - hopefully this week goes by fast for you and you can have a relaxing time next weekend!

@coffee-and-chaos - so sorry your OPK's aren't cooperating...sorry if I missed this but are you taking them at the same time every day? Sometimes I experiment with different times between about 10am-4pm.

@gingermama29 - glad you had a nice weekend, that's going to be a busy few weeks coming up! I grew up an hour outside of NYC, in the Hudson Valley! If you're going to that area it will be so amazing in October! I love it.

@singing_koala - that's good that you took some time for yourself!

@kpearse99 - ooh decorating for fall sounds so nice! I was hoping to do that today but it's so hot here it feels weird! Sorry about your toe. :( 

@mindyb2019 - I use easy @ home, you can get a big pack on Amazon that comes with some HPT's also, for maybe $30-35.  They're not digital so I take a picture of each test after I take it and upload it to an app called PreMom, so I can compare them throughout my cycle and see them get darker. Your weekend sounds lovely!

Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: opk starting today, cm, prenatals, shatavari, evening primrose oil, SA within a month

R/R: Finally my day off after a 7-day workweek...trying to get some relaxing done but I have a lot to do! I slept in till 8:30 today which is super late for me, I guess I needed it so that's good. Also went to a great/hard exercise class and cleaned the house so I guess the day is going pretty well! Now I'm trying to get motivated to get outside b/c it's like 85 degrees out...on the first day of fall!

CS/Q: nope

• Options
    @bows22 I do toss and turn a lot... as well as wake up at least once or twice a night.

@singing_koala it is my first cycle temping (and honestly, I'm only really doing it because I'm curious, I really don't want to stress about the whole ordeal).

@whitealbum29 friend, enjoy this day off! I'm glad you're being productive, but you should be sure to schedule in a nap! ;)
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @whitealbum29 since FF is predicting FW to be this week, I started doing 2x/day - once before I leave for work but not with FMU and once when I get home at 5:30. FX they start to turn! @mindyb2019 I use/do exactly what whitealbum29 said! 
  • Options

@mindyb2019 glad you had a relaxing weekend! Watch anything good? 

@bows22 hopefully he won’t! That’s the worst. DH is pretty hard to shop for, so I hope I can find him something good. 

@whitealbum29 I’m glad you’re having a good day off! It sounds like you deserved to sleep in! It’s warm here today too, hopefully cool weather is on the way!

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2019
    @bluetickgal so glad you had a fun weekend! If my ILs noticed mess, they were kind enough to not say anything which is all I ask in life 😂. I'm fortunate to have a good relationship with my ILs so I really have no cause for complaint.

@kpearse99 thanks! I'm really looking forward to it! Go you for being so productive yesterday! That's awesome and I bet it looks amazing!

@photographerwife glad you had a nice weekend. It sounds like it was fun.

@mindyb2019 sounds like my kind of weekend. Glad it was chill and relaxing.

@singing_koala haha I think we might be the same person 😂. I've had the open a bakery thought a bunch but I love teaching music too much. Plus I'm sitting on $120k of student loan debt between my bachelor's and masters degrees so it can't be for nothing.

@whitealbum29 it's in Newburgh, near the airport and West Point. I've only ever really been to the Hudson Valley area once or twice but I remember it being gorgeous. I can't wait! It should be peak fall foliage! Glad you got to sleep in today. I'm definitely jealous!

Edited for a random autocorrect
  • Options
    @photographerwife I'm temping orally. Is lube not sperm-friendly? Cus we just used regular lube last cycle, and the Google was like "eh, you're fine"

• Options
    guess I'm going to Walgreens for the preseed

• Options
    @saladflambe I don’t think so, I’m no expert but I know some of them can have spermicide or just be volatile to sperm because ingredients can mess with motility and ph and all kinds of stuff. 
  • Options
    @kpearse99 thanks! Wow, sounds like you had a super productive day...sorry for the sliced toe though! 😕 That is kind of odd about your temps...I know RHR is supposed to be lower while sleeping, and I’m pretty sure temp is supposed to be that way too. But it sounds like it’s normal for you to be hot while sleeping...sorry I know none of that helped. 

@photographerwife sounds like you had a very nice weekend! Yeah, I wish it had been a bit cooler for camping, but it wasn’t too bad. Hope you can go camping soon! 

@mindyb2019 sounds like you had a very nice weekend! Hope you’ve enjoyed your day off! 

@bows22 thanks, hopefully so! Did you end up getting to wear jeans today? The “dress for your day” sounds like a pretty cool policy!

@singing_koala thanks! We mostly just hung around the campsite, which was nice. The rest of the family went to an amusement part, but we skipped out on that. 

@whitealbum29 glad you were able to sleep in after such a long work stretch! Sounds like you’ve had a nice & productive day too! 

@beckylookatherbump glad you had such a good weekend! Hope you had a good day as well! Bummer on the thermometer dying! 

@gingermama29 glad they didn’t say anything...and also glad you have a good relationship with them! I have a great relationship with my IL’s too, and it’s so nice!! 
  • Options
    @saladflambe most lube is NOT sperm friendly!! Saliva isn't sperm friendly either - I would seriously invest in preseed!!  They give directions on how to use it two differently ways - you can use it as regular lube (that's what I do - a little goes a LONG way) or you can use the syringes and inject it vaginally but I think that's waaaaaaaaaay too much, in my opinion - also I'm not about to stop HIO just so I can shoot up some lube  :D
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    @bluetickgal thank you 😁 I am enjoying my day off.

@photographerwife ya I did actually. Me and my DH started watching this new show called The righteous Gemstones”. So good and funny, 😁 it’s on HBO/Crave. It has John Goodman in it and Danny McBride. 

@whitealbum29 thank you. I bought some Clearblue digital OPK’s today. I’ll see how these work out and go from there. 
  • Options
    $23 freaking dollars, but I have it.