January 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 9/20: Formula/Feeding items

This week we are discussing formula/feeding items. 

Please feel free to use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed.  

For S+TMs:
  • Favorite formula/feeding items:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • Additional thoughts:

For FTMs:
  • Formula/feeding items you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?

Re: Product Spotlight 9/20: Formula/Feeding items

• Options
    Formula/feeding items you're interested in: The Bottle Box from Babylist
    Link/picture: https://www.babylist.com/gp/babylist-bottle-box-2/15248/239255
    Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $29.99
    Any questions about it/them for S+TMs? The biggest thing I've heard is that every baby is different and try a bunch of different bottles before settling on a stash. I feel like this box helps do that with 5 different bottle types at a convenient price, but what do you STMs think?
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Dd was eff due to issues with my milk coming in. We used the phillips avent bottles & aptamil formula, never had an issue with either so theyre the only ones we tried & stuck with.
    i always carried a bottle of the premixed formula in my changing bag for when we were out & about as they were so handy.
    we also had a tommy tippe perfect prep machine which was an absolute godsend! Anyone who is formula feeding - this is an absolute must have! Makes up the bottle to the right temp in seconds!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • Favorite formula/feeding items: Philips Avent Classic bottles
    • Link/picture: https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Anti-colic-Bottles-Clear/dp/B01LRVDX90/ref=sr_1_31?keywords=philips+avent+bottle&qid=1568984930&sr=8-31
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $
    • What you like about it: I bought these bottles because they were the only wide-mouthed ones that fit my pump. Thankfully DD liked them! We started out with the natural nipple, which is shorter and wider, and then switched to the classic size 1 around 2 months. She never moved up passed the size 1 (1 hole) because she was used to BFing.
    • Additional thoughts: Not all babies are picky, some are just go with the flow. It's good to be prepared for a picky baby, but you may end up lucky!
  • Options
    @stashattack I'd say that box is a pretty good deal.  That Comotomo one individually can be $10/15.  I definitely recognize 75% of those bottles since we tried them.  My first after months of trying finally took the Dr. Brown Wide neck bottle.  My second took the Comotomo for two weeks and then denied every single bottle after that.  If you're going right to formula baby might not be as picky with the bottle/nipple.  I think since I nursed the girls and didn't do bottles right away is why we struggled (I'm also a SAHM).  Thankfully my first took a bottle because she also eventually went to formula around 10 months.  Also if you can find a bottle that works without a million parts (Like The Dr. Brown bottles) stick with that.  I hated cleaning all the small parts!!!
  • Options
    • Favorite formula/feeding items: Dr Brown with preemie nipple
    • Link/picture:https://www.target.com/p/dr-brown-s-natural-flow-preemie-baby-bottle-2pk/-/A-17303135
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $
    • What you like about it: I breastfed but DD had to have supplemental formula for the first few days. She also then used a bottle during the day when I went back to work at 6 weeks. She had some difficulty taking a bottle without coughing/gagging in the beginning, so we used super slow flow preemie nipples and pace fed her. We basically used these bottles only because of the nipple and I am pretty sure she was using the preemie nipple for a while. They leaked sometimes due to the valve which I didn't really like. 
    • Additional thoughts: We had a bunch of random bottles that we got free from registrys etc. I would recommend not buying stock in one type of bottle until you know what your baby will take. I have heard good things about comotomo for breasfed babies that won't take any other bottle. However, not all babies are like that. DD was not picky and did not have any "nipple confusion", she went back and forth from breast to bottle pretty easily. 
  • Options
    • Favorite formula/feeding items: LifeFactory bottles/nipples
    • Link/picture: https://www.lifefactory.com/baby-kids
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $$
    • What you like about it: Loved how easily the nipples/bottles cleaned up. Stuck it all in the dishwasher in a storage basket and no extra scrubbing needed. This was with breast milk. Don't know about formula.
    • Additional thoughts: DD didn't have a preference for the bottle or nipple, but did have one for temperature. She'd refuse to take it, if it wasn't warm enough. I pumped into storage bags and filled the bottles as needed.
    Love this storage basket for the dishwasher: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/boon-clutch-dishwasher-basket-in-white-green/1041681053?keyword=baby-bottle-dishwasher-basket