May 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 9/19

2»

Re: UO Thursday 9/19

• Options
    I greatly prefer actual swaddling over Velcro swaddles. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    catem07 said:
    I greatly prefer actual swaddling over Velcro swaddles. 
    They don’t even teach that in the classes anymore! My nurse friend said now they’re supposed to recommend the Velcro ones so babies don’t bust out of them. I always thought the Velcro ones were easier but not as cute. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catem07 I don’t know how that’s possible. H and I both sucked at swaddling DD.
  • Options
    pirateduck  Thank you so much.   I totally get what you're saying.  This is my first pregnancy ever.  Every step of the way has been very stressful even though we conceived relatively quickly.  ***TW***  There's technically no proof that I will have trouble carrying, but I can't stop thinking about my first month TTC.  I think I had a chemical my first month of TTC.  I had some strong pregnancy symptoms and my period was very late (longest cycle I've ever had in 2 years worth of data).  I took a test at 17 DPO (because my app had been telling me to for days) and it was negative.  AF showed up later that day.  It was also a strange flow. Even if it was a chemical, I knew there was nothing that could be done so I just vowed to try again.  We got lucky the next month.  Having a possible chemical is nothing compared to women who have had a loss.  It's just something that sticks in the back of my mind and worries me.  That combined with that fact that I'm a woman with "advanced maternal age" has me very nervous.  The logical part of me knows that there is very little that can be done right now, but the emotional part of me just feels in the dark.  

Linsbins Thank you very much.  I didn't realize that only RE share HCG levels.  It seemed like everyone else was told their levels.  That's good to know.

ruby696 Thanks.  I guess the fact that they offered me a next appointment is confirmation of my pregnancy.  The nurse technically never said you're pregnant (or any variation).  She literally was like the doctor will see you on this day and this time.  I'm assuming they don't make appointments just to tell you that you are not pregnant.  

Thank you to everyone.  I was diagnosed with anxiety years ago.  However, when I told me doctor I wanted to TTC, he weaned me off all medication.  It's scary and quite an adjustment.  I appreciate the patience and understanding.  

• Options
    lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    The nausea debate is interesting.  It reminds me of the first of many pregnancy rumors I heard about myself.  I was 16 years old and working.  I had to leave my post to vomit and went home sick. I had my regular two days off and returned to work.  I found out everyone was talking about how I was pregnant.  I just laughed and didn't even bother to deny anything.  I had never even had sex at that point in my life.  It's so strange how people think vomiting = pregnancy, but it's ingrained in society.  

I don't like to vomit myself because I always get petechia on my face and sometimes neck and chest.  Not only is the act of vomiting unpleasant, but I get to wear the evidence for at least 5 days.  However, since they say 80% of women experience nausea or MS, I can see how an absence of it would be concerning.   It's a weird love/hate relationship between expecting moms and MS.  
  • Options
    Nausea is a hard thing to battle with my circumstances. DS1 has leukemia. He spends a lot of time throwing up and I’m a gagger normally. However, now that I’m nauseated all the time, it leads to me puking. He had chemo this past week and ended up throwing up in the car on our hour journey home. I had to pull over and threw up three times trying to get him cleaned up. I ended up having to drive DH’s car for a few days because the sent lingered even after DH shampooed it. 

I knew getting pregnant before his treatment ended could present challenges, but 3.5 Years is a long time to wait especially when you’ve had 2 HR pregnancies and a history of loss. I’m not getting any younger and we didn’t want to wait too long.

i didn’t expect to be sick. I’ve never had this issue before. I spend most of my day in the bathroom or bed. I feel bad for both my boys because I’m barely functional and DS1 especially can have crappy days himself. It was a miscalculation on my part to assume I wouldn’t deal with MS again. BUT I do cringe over MS because it is causing a lot of disfunction in my life currently. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. We all experience pregnancy differently and use different things to reassure ourselves. Plenty of moms wished for MS that weren’t loss moms too. It’s a symptom most people learn to trust, but that happens to not be the case for me.
  • Options
    @catem07 agreed. For some reason, I could swaddle better with a blanket than the Velcro ones haha
  • Options
    @lizm1234 I’m currently off my anxiety meds too. So far I’ve been fine except on a field trip to the firehouse with dd. They guy said his mask was going to make a loud sound and it was all I could do not to bolt out of there. 

I haven’t seen it quoted this time around, but last time I was pregnant, I kept seeing a statistic that women with morning sickness were more likely to have a successful pregnancy. I know that influences this same conversation a few years ago. And I wonder if it’s true or not.
  • Options
    rox7777  hugs to you and your son.  Hopefully all is well with your pregnancy and any unwanted symptoms are manageable.

Linsbins Bolting was definitely my thing too.  I can so relate.  It's been a long time since my anxiety was bad, so I'm hoping to get through this pregnancy ok.  But my doctor has a backup plan in case things get bad.  
  • Options
    I love my mom, I do, but she always makes everything about her. We were at their place for dinner yesterday, and we were saying how we have been given a ton of free stuff from friends. All basically new. Like crib, stroller, etc. My mom got my brothers their cribs for their firsts. So when we told her, she said, “Oh, so I guess I just won’t get this baby anything” really? We are reusing perfectly good, really good quality things. Like the stroller was $600 brand new 2yrs ago. There’s always things we could need I’m sure. How about contribute to the RESP? Just be there and help out. Spend time with the kid. Maybe I’m being shitty. I dunno. 
  • Options
    @smashley09 that was a rude comment of her.  She should be happy you have so many generous friends helping you out.  That being said, moms want to feel needed, she wants to help you.  I went through this with my mom and wedding planning.  Anyways...  I recommend finding something new baby related that you actually need help with, something you aren’t worried about her messing up, and assign her the task.  She will be over the moon to be in charge of something!  For instance if you need a car seat and searching for the best one is overwhelming, have her search.  Or set her up with a girlfriend to plan your shower, something.  I want my parents to come help me work on the house and put together a nursery.  I want to do less than glamorous things before the baby arrives, install a sprayer on the toilet for diapers, relocate the electric for the dog fence, paint, etc.
  • Options
    @smashley09 I'd find something obnoxiously expensive and unnecessary for her to buy, that you would never ordinarily spend money on. I mean, if she wants to buy large items...🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    I don’t I don’t know how to tag you guys, lol. But good suggestions. Car seat was something we were thinking about. They can be pricey, which she seems to want, and we need a new one. Maybe I’ll also take her along nice when I pick out nursery decor. Maybe she can buy somethings for that. Sheet sets or curtains or something. We are renovating, so we have a total blank slate. 
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    My mom lives across the country but I totally plan on taking her for a baby shopping day.  I think she will appreciate this more than anything.
  • Options
    @smashley09 I always send my list of things I need to my mom so I don't get random shit I don't need and she feels important. It's been a great system. If I go to visit her she usually takes me shopping for clothes for the kid and I get to pick out what I like and tell her no to things I don't like.... My MIL on the other hand mails is random shit we don't want our need or is completely not something we'd have or kid wear, she also pulls the tags off but leaves the plastic piece that holds them on so we can't return them. Yesterday we recieved a used lady bug costume that she paid $10 to ship to us that is definitely 2 dress too large for our daughter. Last Easter she bought our daughter summer rompers in 18-24 months. My daughter will be 18 months in November and has always worn clothes true to age. I suggest working with your mom before you get random shit you don't want or need. 
  • Options
    @smashley09 car seat/stroller system or what about paying for newborn pictures? Those can be expensive.