March 2020 Moms

TTGP Check-In 9.19

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: TTGP Check-In 9.19

• What's going on this week? I have my NT scan in like, 2 hours. so that's pretty big! I also want to start thinking of social media announcement ideas. 

How far along are you? 12+1

Upcoming appointments? today! ha

Cravings/Symptoms? just tired. but I do really love Cerignola olives right now. I get them every time I'm at a grocery with a good olive bar and eat about 10 in one setting. Apparently olives are really good though for pregnant women - who knew!

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm finally starting to see the joys in this pregnancy. I'm buying things for the room, and for baby, so that makes me happy. 

Questions? nah 

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? oh boy... toss up between Little Women (1994 version) or Legally Blonde lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin I am both glad and sad I can't announce on social because of the patriarchy. Like, I made something I might send to fam about our rainbow baby--like, via email or something, but it's not as elaborate as it might have been if we were announcing to the whole world. So there's less pressure in coming up with something good, but also less fun. Are you going to show us what you come up with? I hope so! Also, now I want to eat some olives, but I am afraid they will be "too flavorful" for me, though that lingering taste thing I had going on is slowly going away, I think? I am still being cautious...

What's going on this week? I am telling my dad and bro this weekend, and then DH will tell his fam, and then we'll tell extended fam etc. I am being superstitious and waiting til the end of first tri/beginning of second (Sat.) to tell them. This week, not much. I can't believe it's already week 4 of the school year and we're like 25% through. I'm getting worried about graduating and not having a job, so I am making a list of people I am going to email to see if I can't get a job through them somehow next spring, even though I'll be super pregnant/ a new mom. 

How far along are you? 13w5d

Upcoming appointments? Not til 16w6d (!!!) for anatomy scan.

Cravings/Symptoms? I was craving strawberry ice cream, so I made myself this strawberry ice cream waffle w/ strawberries on top for dessert last night. I wanted it to be, like, a diner Belgian waffle, but it was just a freezer waffle lol. See spoiler for pic.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I already have a rant below, lol, so I will rave that one of my students came up to me after class today and said she liked my lecture on Emily Dickinson today! That's always nice, when a student says a nice thing.

Questions? My bonjesta runs out this weekend--I am just going to stop taking it, and I am super afraid this is a bad choice, but the smallest amount they can send to me is more than I need, and my ob said only to take it through week 16, and, like--$60 is a lot to us right now (like, I do not have $60 and I'm saving room on credit cards for bills that are already late so they don't go over 30 days late -_- in case DH never gets paid bc it feels like he already never gets paid and all my $ went to last month's bills and then some of this month's already), so I just--I feel like I can't afford it. Am I making a really bad decision? I'm 14w on Saturday, and still feeling on and off sick, but haven't thrown up at all & have felt better lately for the most part than I did like two weeks ago.

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? God this is an impossible question. It would either be something really complicated I didn't understand the first time, like maybe a David Lynch movie--or, like, something I know I love, like... Empire Records.
  • Loading the player...
  • @chichiphin so glad you're starting to find joy in this pregnancy  :)  And I'm jealous that you're craving something healthy. The only upside to my cravings/aversions is that sometimes I can't stand the thought of something sugary. 

@kagesstarshroom did you ever try Unisom? Obviously my nausea hasn't been as bad as yours, but I tried Unisom for a few nights and it made a WORLD of difference. 

What's going on this week? Not much. We've announced to family and on social media, so the cat is officially out of the bag! 

How far along are you? 14+5

Upcoming appointments? Tuesday for a regular checkup

Cravings/Symptoms? I've felt pretty good the last two days (aside from puking after brushing my teeth this morning. Again.), but prior to today was having some gnarly days full of nausea, headaches, and exhaustion. But that's probably because I was in Colorado and having an adverse reaction to the altitude. Cravings have included lemonade and nachos. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? It was so nice to visit Colorado and see my family (I want to move baaaaccccckkkkk!), but it's also been SO nice to get home and sleep in our own bed. Are there actually any couples who happily sleep together in a full-size bed??? Man, that was rough!

Questions? all set

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably something mindless like Two Weeks Notice. Although I'd much rather watch one TV show for the rest of my life - like The Office!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder girl please. I also want junk too haha. and MH and I are the same way. the full size bed at his parent's house is torture for us. 
    @kagesstarshroom I second stassi's suggestion of trying OTC unisom or b6 at night to see if you can cope with that. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Ok im going to try again, I had everything typed in and when I hit reply it erased. 

@kagesstarshroom I was going to recommend Unisom and B6 too! I hope it helps you!

@chichiphin I hope your NT scan went well! I love olives but idk if I’ve tried that kind, I’ll have to see if I can find some!

@stassischroeder brushing my teeth makes me gag and sometimes even puke too! I don’t get it but same thing happened last pregnancy. My parents only have a full bed and I’ve never understood how! Since being on my own I’ve had a Queen and then DH and I finally upgraded to a King and won’t go back. 

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• What's going on this week? DS and I had a back to back appointment with our PCP. I’m glad our dr is understanding of a toddler being crazy while trying to do exams lol. It mostly went well but he recommended I get DS into preschool ASAP. The only problem is I can’t seem to find one near us that takes kids under 3 who aren’t potty trained that is also in our budget. There are some places but they are Montessori or Waldorf and they are $$$. We had planned on starting him next fall when he will be 3.5. 

How far along are you? 15+4 weeks 

Upcoming appointments? Elective U/S Saturday where we’ll hopefully find out the sex! Then normal OB appt Thursday!

Cravings/Symptoms? No real cravings but lots of aversions, mostly sweets... Still battling nausea and exhaustion but sometimes I’ve been getting brief periods of nausea relief this week so I hope it continues to get better 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Well I guess my rant is above. I’m feeling like a pretty crappy mom bc I thought our preschool at 3.5 plan was pretty good enough before but now I feel like I’m failing him because we can’t afford the nicer preschools that start earlier. 

Questions? Not now 

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably Lord of the Rings and if I can’t have the whole trilogy then I’d pick Fellowship because I love the Shire and Rivendell. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

•  What's going on this week? Not much! Just getting bigger! 

How far along are you? 15w+3d

Upcoming appointments? Another checkup Oct 8, then anatomy scan Oct 24. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Thanks to @stassischroeder I now want nachos, but I think I've always wanted nachos, before pregnancy too.  :D As far as symptoms go, it's just shitty sleep. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? RAVE Y'ALL!!! For those who have kept up with my IL BS, they got word yesterday that they can go home Tuesday! When MIL told us last night, DH said "Hallelujah!" Then MIL started crying, because he made her feel bad. *eye roll* It was awkward for me. I understand that she has hesitations because she will be the sole caregiver for FIL and probably feel more isolated, and I know she'll miss DS. But like, after 9 weeks, it's time to go! They'll be back for an appointment next month, so we won't get much of a break. We're just waiting to see if they actually go home next week.  :#

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's my all time fave! 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @varimama it did! Nice and thin nuchal!! Don’t beat yourself up too much about daycare. A doctor isn’t always focused on your monetary needs and gives advice without regard to it.

@mrsvp614 HOORAY so glad they’re packing up! haha you need the peace. 

btw we announced last night social media. MH made the announcement in photoshop: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Love it! Congrats!
    @varimama I also agree, that your plan for daycare is absolutely fine. Ours will be a second mortgage, plus some, when #2 shows up, and if we had any option to avoid that, we would. 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @varimama I don't think we even have the option for preschool prior to 3.5-4. Of course DS is in daycare now, but that's NOT anything like a preschool. So, +2 to thinking your plan for waiting a year for preschool is just fine. And, no way we could afford anything like Montessori or Waldorf either. 

@mrsvp614 Ha, I cooked some chicken last night so that I can make chicken nachos whenever I want  :D Right now it's 9:18am and I could totally eat nachos. And giant eyeroll to your MIL. Who wouldn't be excited to get rid of their parents or ILs after that long????? And you'd think she'd at least be a little happy to get to go home. She sounds more and more like a treat every time you talk about her!

@chichiphin aaaaaaaaaaawwww, LOVE the announcement   :)<3

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder That's a good suggestion! I ran out last night, so I think I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow--and if it's nottttt good, I shall get some unisom. I have a bottle ofextra b6 vitamins i'd bought, but they're too many mg each--bc before i started the bonjesta i was trying the b6 & gingerale. I burp too much to do any bubbly right now tho lol. but yeah--thanks! or maye i'll just get the unisom tonight in case i'm a mess tomorrow lol. Anyway. We were wondering where you were, and I hope despite the altitude you enjoyed yourself in CO. Sorry about the recent bad days. The good days are coming soon for us all, right? BETTER BE.

@mrsvp614 HALLELUJAH indeed! FX it's a reality & not just words. Also eye roll at her getting upset. 

@chichiphin <3 love the announcement! 

@varimama Aw don't feel bad! I know me saying that won't actually make you not feel bad, but you REALLY shouldn't. You're doing great.

DH & I want a Queen bed so bad, but--yall know the $ is bad. It's like #1 on our "when we had the $" list. 

• @kagesstarshroom I hope the unisom helps! Actually, I hope you don't need it! And just a note about B vitamins - most B vitamins (including B6) are water soluble, which means that, if you take in more than you body can use, you just pee it out. So there's no risk of overdosing :)  

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @kagesstarshroom my RE nurse said the cocktail of half a b6 and half a unisom before bed helps some women 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @kagesstarshroom, lurking, but you can cut the b6 tabs pretty easily. I have 100mg tabs and just cut them in half and then break them into quarters. I’m down to x2 a day now, but my OB’s office recommended 25mg B6 and 1/2 tab of unisom (whole tab in the evening) and it worked really, really well for me. B6 on its own did nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️ And pretty cheap! Still working on the same bottle of B6. Hope it works for you! Or you don’t need it!