May 2020 Moms

Hcg levels

i had my blood drawn yesterday at 4w2d. I’m not exactly sure when I ovulated. Somewhere between cd 16-19 I believe. I’m on cd 33. My number was 33. I go in tomorrow to get another test. My lines have been very faint but today it was much darker than it has been. I’m nervous this number is way too low. Anyone else have a story like this for encouragement or know your numbers?

Re: Hcg levels

• Hi. First of all, you should read the Knottie Usernames thread and change your username. Second of all, this question would probably be MUCH better suited in the Weekly Randoms thread because a lot of one-off questions bog down the board. And third of all, an hCG level of 33 at 14-17 DPO is usually considered low (assuming that you KNOW you ovulated during that timeframe of day 16-19 by either temping or ultrasound and bloodwork...but I’m assuming you don’t since it’s a 4 day window). My doctors have always wanted a level above 50 at 14 DPO. 

Good luck and hopefully your ovulation date is off!
  • What PP said. 1 HCG doesn’t tell you much.

Anecdotally, my only successful pregnancy my first HCG was 18, then rose appropriately from there. I was 9 DPO when the HCG was drawn.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • The number iteself can vary widely, what is much more important is the rate at which it is rising.  This helps to determine if it is a viable pregnancy.  Fingers crossed your next test comes back with a sufficient rise!
  • Thanks everyone! I’m going in for my next lab draw tomorrow