March 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 9/16

1. Status/EDD

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is your dream job? (And let us know if you are living it already!)

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 9/16

• 1. Status/EDD: March 15, 2020

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 losses

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? Still emotionally numb, can't feel the baby so I don't really feel pregnant. I am miserable though most of the time. 
    I have craved steak or a wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing and tomatoes a couple times and that's about it. I have food aversions to dang near everything, so it's a real struggle to come up with anything to eat each day. 

4. Any appointment updates? Going tomorrow for my checkup. I think I get one every 4 weeks. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I just wish I could eat normally and have energy again. :(

6. Any milestones coming up? I passed my last one at 12 weeks. 

7. GTKY: What is your dream job? (And let us know if you are living it already!) Working as a jeweler, on my own terms, working with private clients. I wanted to do this since I was about 11-12 years old, and I regret not getting my schooling before I started having children. 
    I had a golden opportunity to work for a well known jeweler in the midwest, and travel the world but I was an idiot who got distracted by a boy....
  • 1. Status/EDD March 13, 14w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? I am alright. I've started basically allowing myself to start some level of planning. I'm in that weird stage where my crappy first trimester symptoms have leveled off, so I just don't feel that pregnant, but I did see baby last week, so I'm kinda holding on to that. 

4. Any appointment updates? My OB called this morning with my NIPT results and everything was good there. She also told me that they transferred my paperwork to the hospital, so I need to call the MFM department to make my anatomy scan appointment soon (I'm AMA). Next appointment is the second week of October. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm trying to decide if I can handle traveling to Texas for my cousin's baby shower on top of going to the UK in October. I haven't seen her since before she had her son (he's 3) and we were best friends as kids, so I really want to. 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is your dream job? (And let us know if you are living it already!) Theater stage manager. And no, I just did a lot of theater in school and loved it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Status/EDD almost 15 weeks. Crazy. 

2. Previous loss(es)? Two 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions? Eh. Still not great physically. I generally have a few hours in the morning where I can eat, so I take advantage and then I’m full the rest of the day so I won’t have to eat/throw up. Emotionally alright for now. Being in second tri helps, and so does my Doppler. The only constant cravings I have are salads and Klondike bars. I could live off those two. That’s balanced, right? 

4. Any appointment updates? Nope! I think my next one is in two weeks. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I don’t think so. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Anatomy scan is in a few weeks. Can not wait to FINALLY have an ultrasound. I’ve had multiple dreams that I’m having twins (only saw one baby at 6w so nothing to actually back that up), but it’s making me extra anxious for my anatomy scan. I’d pass out. 

7. GTKY: What is your dream job? (And let us know if you are living it already!) hmmmm. Probably designing shoes. For Christian Leboutin. Like super amazing high fashion things. I’m not currently doing that, but I did go to school for industrial design/engineering and shoe design was something we did. More like... tennis shoes and boots and stuff. But still. I’d love that. Or even being a stylist!! If I could figure out how to be a stylist from home and go shopping for other people I’d freaking love it. 
  • Hi all!  I've been so absent on the board the last two weeks... chiming in late to all the neat conversations is a bummer, but I'd rather be late than not comment at all, lol.

1. Status/EDD: 15 weeks today, due March 13!

2. Previous loss(es)? Two

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Cravings/Aversions?  I'm feeling okay.  I have more energy than I did and have been slowly getting back into an exercise routine, which has been amazing for my mental health.  I crave cheese from the moment I wake up to the minute I go to bed, with some cravings for roast beef sandwiches from Arby's thrown in (but not the beef and cheddars for some reason?? LOL).  I'm still super nervous that something is going to go wrong but I try to keep those thoughts to myself and focus on positive things.  My mom bought us a crib, so that's making things seem real -- seeing that thing in the hall every day.  I need my partner to move it into the nursery, but neither of us are in a super rush to do that.  I'm tired by the time I'm home from work, and he's picking up the slack at home with cooking and cleaning, so neither of us have any energy to devote to putting the crib together yet.  Oh well!

4. Any appointment updates?  We are going for an elective US and gender determination on Wednesday next week!  I'm so excited!!  I hope the baby cooperates this time, unlike during the NT scan... rude baby!  But if the baby doesn't cooperate, we get to come back as many times as it takes, free of charge.  So that's neat!  I have an actual check up the next day with my OB, so next week is busy-busy with appointments.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nothing right now, really.

6. Any milestones coming up?  I've passed them all, so I guess the next milestone is just finding out the gender.  Hopefully the pregnancy will feel more real at that point and I can start buying all the things!

7. GTKY: What is your dream job? (And let us know if you are living it already!)  I would love to work for a gossip magazine and just write bullshit articles all day about celebrities and/or fashion and/or current events.  Ideally, I'd like to work from home.  If I could legitimately make a living off of my cross-stitches, then that would be the ultimate dream!!  Unfortunately, I am a budget analyst and I don't really get to do anything fun or creative at work... but I was a math major in college (nerd alert) so I don't dislike my job by any means.  I'm not cut out for an 8-5 office schedule, but that's okay.

--------------

@projectalice I feel you on the emotional numbness.  I'm really trying to embrace the pregnancy, but it's so scary still.  I feel like at any second, the rug is going to be ripped from under me and everything I've been so happy about is going to go away.  I'm hoping once my bump gets bigger and I start to feel the baby move around, I'll calm down... but I'm sure I'll just move on to new worries. 

@aerie_star So happy your NIPT results are good!

@miss.sally I can't believe you're still not feeling better.  What a bummer!  I second the Doppler bringing peace of mind.  I use mine at least once a week just to make sure the baby is still alive in there.  It brings me so much peace just to hear that.  As for your cravings, at least they weigh each other out with one being healthy and the other maybe a bit less healthy, but still absolutely okay!  :-P  I crave cheese 24/7 (and roast beefs from Arby's).  Usually cottage cheese or the cheese sauce from Steak n Shake, but almost always, I want to be eating cheese.

@treetop19 YES TO THE ROAST BEEF!  I'm going to need one today, I can already tell. 
  • @Malidocious I’m super jealous of your elective ultrasound this week!!! I’ve been working on H but he’s not interested. Boo.

So I have 4.5 weeks to wait until my anatomy scan. It seems far away but also like omg I’m going to be halfway through the pregnancy in only 4ish weeks?!? What the what? How??? 

Also don’t feel pressured to put the crib together yet. You’re way ahead of the game by even having one at this point! I think I ordered DS’s crib when I was like 33 weeks. 
  • @kagesstarshroom twins do run in my family. I highly doubt I’m having twins. But it just weirded me out with the dreams. 😂
  • @kagesstarshroom More to do with the labor of actually going and the planning of going. We’re by Chicago and she lives outside of Dallas, so it’s a bit of distance. Definitely flying if we go because I do not think I can take that drive while pregnant. 

Less worried about it now though because the U.K. trip is not happening anymore (DH is extremely sad).