Group 3: (May 17-23) check in - week of 9/16

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? 

Re: Group 3: (May 17-23) check in - week of 9/16

• Options
    EDD: May 23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green for now

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed I think?

Upcoming appointments: Oct 4th will be my first

How are you feeling? Oddly symptomless, but I keep peeing on sticks and they are getting darker so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Raves/Rants: Rave: I came to the realization that I’m not going to be pregnant through the heat of the summer! Rant: I also came to the realization that I have to pack away my few new jeans I recently bought which took me 21 months post baby #2 to buy/fit in too 😭

Questions: none

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity?: probably corn mazes or apple cider donuts. 
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu I still wear some of my previous nursing tops so I’m happy that I get to use them more appropriately 😂 but also not excited to have to pack away my flattering jeans during pant season!

EDD: May 23rd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Braille dot

Upcoming appointments: I did bloodwork today and will again tomorrow. Pending those results, I’ll schedule my first actual appointment 

How are you feeling?  Nausea started yesterday. I haven’t thrown up yet but I have that constant hungover feeling. Otherwise, just a ball of nerves!

Raves/Rants:  I’m crazy and I want to keep testing but I don’t have pregnancy tests so I took an OPK haha it was very very very positive... which is a good sign for me... I hope!

Questions:  not yet

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Sitting outside on a brisk morning bundled up in a large blanket and drinking coffee or tea
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: 5/18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We will find out when it is time.

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange seed

Upcoming appointments: Next week. Just a nurses visit to confirm what 6 hpts have shown. 

How are you feeling? So tired. I slept most of the weekend. Nausea comes and goes. Definitely gassy and bloat too.

Raves/Rants: My mom straight up asked at dinner last night if I was KU because I didn't have a drink. I couldn't lie! 

Questions: Nothing really.

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Apple picking and pumpkin carving. Also baking. 

@mamaqdubu I also finally lost DD's baby weight! Hoping to get a few more weeks out of my pants but I was in maternity pretty quickly with DD due to blump. I love cider donuts!!
  • Options
    EDD: 5/22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Upcoming appointments: U/S on 10/11 and intake appointment on 10/16 

How are you feeling? Pretty normal. A little breathless. With my first I started getting sick around 6 weeks. 

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Apple picking? Sweater-wearing? 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    EDD: 5/23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: Not until early November. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted 

Raves/Rants: Someone asked me at work last Wednesday is I was pregnant because I had got so much done ahead that day. "Are you pregnant? This is like nesting on steroids!" At that point I didn't even know and hadn't tested yet. 

Questions: Nothing at this point.

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Halloween 
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I think my sister knows for the same reason- she was befuddled when I turned down a drink at a college football tailgate this weekend. I'm not a heavy drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but I think the cat will be out of the bag for my side of the family before 2nd trimester with no social drinks!

EDD: May 19 based on LMP

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: definitely finding out. I did the NIPT blood test with DS1, and will do the same this time. Will admit that I'm kind of hoping for a girl.

Upcoming appointments: The receptionist at my OBGYN scheduled my first appointment for 10 weeks- October 24. With my first pregnancy, I went in early to confirm a date (as I hadn't had a period in months) and to check light bleeding (which was fine), so 10 weeks feels super late.

How are you feeling?: Fine for now. I felt super sick and threw up for most the first tri with my last pregnancy, and it started around week 6, so I'm a little anxious that will start up again.

Raves/Rants: Just the waiting another 5 weeks to see a doctor. Longer than I was expecting!

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? - I love fall in probably the most basic girl way. Sweaters and pumpkins and college football and colorful leaves-- I'm here for all of it!
  • Options
    @catem07 It was around 6 weeks I started getting sick with DD too. I've been mildly off and on nauseous already so I'm thinking next week will be a change to being more sick.

@gh515 I had a feeling my mom was going to figure it out right away. I'm not a huge drinker either but we were out belatedly celebrating my bday. FX you won't be as sick this time around!

@modoodles We love Halloween at my house. DD is obsessed!
  • Options
    EDD: May 20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out eventually

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed/end of shoelace

Upcoming appointments: October 21

How are you feeling? Sore boobs and tired. Nothing too bad yet, except the never ending anxiety.

Raves/Rants: rant - it’s monday and my students are being extra lazy. Raves - we only have a 4 day week this week, so I’m trying to stay positive! 

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Pumpkin patches with all the extras! I LOVE fall and can’t wait for some nice 60 degree days!
  • Options
    EDD: May 18th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): BB

Upcoming appointments: Oct 14th is my first appt

How are you feeling? Allergies in full swing. 

Raves/Rants: the fast food taco place messed up my order today and it made me irrationally upset. 

Questions: 

Sweaters, diffusing yummy essential oil blends, and bonfires. 
  • Options
    @jrouge12 we hosted my SILs baby shower this weekend and I was so thankful that no one asked why I wasn’t having wine! My parents know that we were doing fertility treatment though so maybe they know and just knew no to ask 😂

@modoodles @TattoosandLace  I’m always happy to see other people on Team Green! I feel like it’s getting smaller ☺️
  • Options
    @mokay19 I’m really hoping to go Mrs-free during labor and since this will be the last addition to our family I feel like we should wait to find out. :)
  • Options
    @mokay19 we’re doing team green too! I did it for my first, not my second, but going back to it for my third!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I've never been team green. I'm excited about it but I know it's still going to kill me. I am not a patient person!
  • Options
    EDD:  May 23rd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out 

Upcoming appointments: October 22nd

How are you feeling: fine so far. Tired but not as tired as with my DD. I think symptoms started around 6 weeks for me last time so still early. But no symptoms make me so nervous. 

Raves/Rants: wishing I had waited a bit to test. My period was supposed to come today. I had a bfp on Saturday and more on Sunday. I’ll be nervous until the first ultrasound. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Corn maze and pumpkin picking with DD and DH 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD: 5/21? Still too early to know as LMP was 7/16 but u/s today looked about 5 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: definitely finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): my apps say apple seed and peppercorn?

Upcoming appointments: October 4th to hopefully see a heartbeat and get a good EDD. Had second blood work today so hopefully hcg is rising properly

How are you feeling? Really good. only symptom has been uterus discomfort until two days ago when my breasts started getting tender. Another reason I knew I was probably not actually that far along.

Raves/Rants: Happy I was right about ovulating later but not looking forward to the possibility of more symptoms coming. Also waiting is the worst.

Questions: Can I have fresh apple cider if it's boiled? I love mulled cider.

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Football games. I'm a big Eagles fan. Also just enjoying the cool weather, comfy clothes, and changing leaves.
  • Options
    @lisush Are you sure the cider isn't pasteurized? I just had a glass from the orchard near me but the bottle says flash pasteurized. If your in the US I'd bet your cider was pasteurized too, small chance it's not. If it was, no need to boil (unless you want it mulled).
  • Options
    @lisush agree with @jrouge12, most orchards around me, even the small ones, pasteurize their cider. My guess is that for it to be sold commercially it needs to be for safety reasons? But I’m not sure if it’s an actual law. 
  • Options
    EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Can’t wait to find out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed 

Upcoming appointments: First OB apt will be 10/14

How are you feeling? Symptoms aren’t too bad yet. Nausea two days this week, some minor cramping& lower abdominal pain. Mostly just nerves’ 

Raves/Rants: Every morning since I found out I wake up in the middle of the night with my stomach flip flopping when I remember OMG I’m pregnant! 
    I’m already annoyed with my mom lol. Each time I say “I’m nervous about...” She just says “Well there’s no way of knowing or point of worrying so...”
    AND I can’t WAIT to learn gender. I want one pretty bad, but am convinced I won’t get it. 
    Mostly just already want to safely through the first trimester so I can feel okay. 

Questions: 
    Any tips on how to calm the nerves at week 5 while WAITING for my 8 week apt to see that heartbeat?! 

I enjoy it all! I love to just start fall by decorating the whole house and lighting all the fall candles:)
  • Options
    You can buy unpasteurized cider in the US. It will be sold cold, but not all cider sold cold is unpasteurized. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    EDD: May 22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple Seed

Upcoming appointments: Oct 9

How are you feeling? Scared (told HCG levels are low at 539 on 4w3d and I’m 36) dizzy, tired, super bloated and occasional nausea

Raves/Rants: love to hate these symptoms!! While they suck.....I can’t help but feel comforted that I’m feeling something right now!! This first trimester is the scariest 

Questions: anyone think HCG 4w - 235 then 4w3d - 539 .. is low ??? I thought it just needed to double 

GTKY: what’s your favorite fall activity? Cuddling up inside by fire watching movies with my family 😊
  • Options
    @jaclynnb24 the hCG should double every 48ish hours. Where those tests 3 days apart or 2 days apart? Were they at different times of the day?  Did they check progesterone?  Are you going back for a third check?
  • Options
    @jrouge12 @mamaqdubu @catem07 - good to know! I'll have to check next time to see if my favorite is pasteurized.