December 2019 Moms

Re: weekly randoms 9/16

• Super deep convo this morning with my biological father who hasn’t said a word to me since I’ve been pregnant. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • oooof @ktmaesim that hurts. my MIL hasn't reached out to ask or check on me at all. thankfully my actual parents are over the moon. people are so strange.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ktmaesim My MIL has asked maybe 3 times? and that was after ignoring it for months. Now she's back on the ignore train. My mom, hasn't said more than 3 sentences to me since I told her back in May. And that was a late b-day text and then reminding me on her b-day that she forgot my b-day the month prior. Nothing for her only granddaughters birthday...  Sorry your bio dad is being lame. 
  • I don't even hear from my mil unless we're visiting face to face and that's ALRIGHTY with me! 🤣 but we have dinner plans with them Thursday,  blah. 
  • @ashorkey  @anniemarie887  well geez...sorry to hear that for both of you....so weird! I don't get it. Soooooooo weird and rude and he's such a disaster. I will never understand it. He's also a drinker so that explains the most of it but still... this is his first grandchild. You basically have a chance to sort of start over since you really ruined it with me. 
  • @ktmaesim I'm sorry to hear all that :(
  • @ktmaesim it doesn't fix it, or make it better, but just know you're not alone. not to get all knitty gritty in your personal life, but if your mom is remarried I hope you have an awesome bonus dad. I've got a crazy blended fam (half sister, adopted sisters, we're close with my half sisters half siblings) and one thing I've learned is that blood means nothing when it comes to people loving you and making an effort to be in your life. I'm closer to my half sister's half sister (follow that one!) than I am my female cousin who is blood related.
  • What is up with Miley Cyrus and her bangs? They really bug me and I’m also not digging her fresh from the shower wet hair look she’s trying to make happen. 
  • They never restock the vending machine at the office so I just had to pay $2 for a small bag of m&m’s and it made me so mad that the little store downstairs was inflating it’s prices that bad. 
  • @k_mama91  I wanna like her still...but I can't imagine that games she's been playin with my boy Liam.
  • Not sure the best place to put this. But I found this article and actually liked it so I wanted to share. https://www.baby-chick.com/what-not-to-do-during-labor/
  • @ashorkey Thank you for posting that! I especially like that last point...surrendering yourself to the labor. We were told in our birthing class not to think of labor as painful or contractions as pain, because pain signals that something is wrong with your body. Labor and contractions are not something going wrong (like a stubbed toe or a cut)--they're signals that your body is doing what it's supposed to. Love it!
  • @ktmaesim He must have some horrible hidden secret bc I cannot imagine what would make anyone give all that up. What an idiot.
  • @ninrms yes! That was one that I really appreciated hearing and is a good reminder as a STM I just have to let my body do what it knows how to do and trust it. 
  • @ninrms and @ashorkey As a STM, I'm actually kind of excited to give labor another go.  Last time, I felt like I was way more paranoid about how things would go down, and this time, I'm looking forward to using some of my breathing and meditative techniques to kind of stay calm and in the zone (as much as possible).  If we can keep our minds a little more out of the picture and let our bodies do the work, I truly believe we can make it through labor with our adrenaline and endorphins on our side!  
  • @ninrms @cpk3535 both of
    your posts made me smile: let’s stay positive and watch how amazing our bodies are!!!
  • Coworker this morning commented that I'm "starting to waddle."

At least she followed it up with, "You're so cute!"

But yeah. Great for my self esteem. 😝
  • @nerdmom0013 I’m dreading common core math!!! Godspeed to you. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @ktmaesim @anniemarie887 - just want to echo the you are not alone with blended family madness. ❤️ 

@nerdmom0013 - this baby has taken my grammar skills and I'm not happy about it.
  • Lol, I feel like I've been mostly sheltered from rude pregnancy comments since I've been off for the summer, but now that I'm back at work (aka, a school) I'm getting all sorts of fun comments.

My most recent favorite: A fellow teacher approached me a couple days ago. I teach her (junior) son. She told me that her son said to her, "So we all thought Mrs. -- was just putting on some weight, but I guess she's pregnant! That explains a lot." (Keep in mind, I've obnoxiously made pregnancy jokes at least once a class...)  :o I also have several former students (current middle schoolers) asking to touch my belly, or begging to babysit. I'm sure it'll get worse the more visibly pregnant I get!
  • My ds is a social kid and total class clown. He was in the spring school play with a lot of his friends as part of a group role and he wanted to be in the Christmas play as well. I tried to prepare him that he would probably get another group role (he’s out of his element with this stuff) and assumed he would get one being that this is his second go. The play is open to grades 2-5. He didn’t get a role and he wasn’t crushed but you could tell he thought he deserved a spot. He keeps saying he thinks they misspelled his name on the list or put the wrong last name 😂 I’m a jerk for finding this funny and I promise he hasn’t cried over it but he is convinced they made a mistake. There are two other kids in the entire school with his name and they’re in kindergarten and first grade 😂
  • ktmaesimktmaesim member
    edited September 2019
    I refer to you guys as “My Bump Friends” to my husband. I’m always relaying tons of information and babygear ideas and I’m like “yeah, my friends on the bump said to do it💁🏼‍♀️” 😂   anyone else???

also: anyone else invested in 90 Day Fiance The Other Way? I cannot believe the combo of Aladin + blonde lady that likes sex toys (can’t think of her name) ! What a duo!!
  • @ktmaesim
    100% invested in all branches of 90 day. i haven't watched the most recent ep yet. i'm dying to know more about Sumit being married
  • @ktmaesim I call this the "mom board," lol. Same thing. I'm constantly telling my husband, "So, the girls on the mom board said..."

It's been pretty great. :-)
  • @anniemarie887 my god!!! What an insane season.  Did you watch the girl give birth on basically a metal hospital bed? It looked awful. And then how pathetic it was when Corey had to bring HIS MOM to get shots!!!! 😂 and every time the blonde sex toy lady says “jiggy jiggy” I die a little inside
  • @ktmaesim yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. Karine seemed terrible in that hospital, instagram tells me they are in the US currently. Corey is a dummy, that girl wants nothing to do w/him besides $$$$. As for Aladin and whats her face, the jiggy jiggy really makes me laugh.
  • We need a specific thread just for the 90 Day shows. I’m 110% invested and i think my poor husband gets tired of me wanting to talk about the episodes every week. Also, pillow talk is back and colt-y and his mom are on it which I’m totally living for!!
  • @k_mama91 yaaaaaaaas colteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :D
  • @anniemarie887  @k_mama91  we had a show similar to that in Aus called GoggleBox...probably one of my fav shows ever! Just watching people watch other ppl on tv! hilarious. Coltteeeeeeeeeee LOLOL . And omg I have to watch these shows while I drink my morning coffee. my husband absolutely cannot stand them haha. We should totally start a 90day thread when we go to PG! Any suggestions on what seasons are best? I've only seen like 2 so far 90DayTheOtherWay and then the most recent 90DayFiance with Colteeeeeee
  • @ktmaesim ahhh i know about GoggleBox, haven't seen it tho, i don't think there's any way to watch it here. my bestie has been living in Sydney for a decade. and yes, def a thread. i sadly subject my husband to this crap, same w/Bachelor franchise. his commentary for the BIP finale last night was great. i feel like you need to go back a couple of seasons on before the 90 days - nicole and azan, the start of paul and karine, darcy. darcy is one of my faves.
  • I love 90 day fiance.... whenever I find out someone I know I watches the shows I get so excited!!! 
  • @Spartanrd4 i feel like it has really gained popularity, when it started i was kinda always embarrassed to tell people... but now i get a lot of "omg i watch it, too!"

i also HIGHLY recommend Unexpected on TLC - it's about teen moms. there is a 34 yo grandma - my husbands age. 
  • Omg Darcy!!!! What a train wreck! @ktmaesim you absolutely must follow her from the beginning! Also Paul and Karine, basically bc it’s hilarious watching him navigate life in her country during his first trip and they KILL ME with that phone translator 😂 
  • @anniemarie887 I've watched it from the very beginning where some of the couple's I feel like were for real and not all train wrecks- like that cute Brazilian girl that married the Mormon guy. They are adorable- I follow them on IG. 
  • @Spartanrd4 I loved them, they both seemed like normal, sane people. 
  • yesssss @Spartanrd4 i know who you are talking about. i'm also happy to see Russ and Paola make it work, there's also the mormon guy and the Ukranian girl that have worked our and have a baby.
  • @rjgmcmanus omg same and by the time I get to bed and am trying to get comfortable I am just flopping my body any way it will go like a dying walrus, my husband and I die! 
  • Soo, this is a little TMI, but I just tried to shave my bikini line in the shower and it’s just . . . gone. Like no amount of bending over or sideways will allow me to see what I’m shaving. I feel a little bad for my doctors in the future! 😂