Weekly Check-in Groups 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 9/16

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? 

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 9/16

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 8th January / 23+5

Babies are the size of a(n): barbie dolls or nunchucks 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Purple

Upcoming Appointments: I have endocrine clinic tomorrow and twin clinic on wednesday so a lot this week.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): generally pretty good but massive & waddley, random waking in the middle of the night for an hour or 2 last week but not over the weekend so hoping that doesnt continue. Still in a buffalo chicken craving phase, having it every day for lunch and its still so good, really hits the spot.

Rants/Raves: work is hectic atm and i could really do without having to be out for 2 full afternoons for hospital appointments.

Questions: For those mamas who arent sahm's, when do you intend to finish up for maternity leave?

GTKY: If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? i did french, german & italian in school & stil have a basic grasp on them and can half get by if i need to but i would love to be able to speak spanish. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 24+5 (1/1)

Baby is the size of a(n): Demi-baguette

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Upcoming Appointments: first doula meeting next tuesday, then midwife one month from today

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Right now i'm craving cake (so bad I know), feeling pretty good as well, mild heartburn compared to last time and just my hips at night which won't change.

Rants/Raves: I have so much to get done at work before I go on mat leave I'm already getting worried

Questions: @leprechaunlady I want to be done everything that needs to be done by the end of November. Since who know's how the end of pregnancy will go. Also I was sick a couple weeks ago and missed almost a week of work, if that happens again it will put me really behind so the goal is end of November I'm done major projects and work and have hired myself a replacement. December I plan on doing odd's and ends  and plan to start potentially mat leave the week of the 15th at latest to end work Friday the 20th (our christmas party day haha) This give's me 3 months from today  :#

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I speak an additional language already fluently, and I would say my French is really good.  I always liked German, Arabic or Mandarin would be really useful to be honest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k when i thought this pregnancy was a single initially, i had intended to finish up work when we finished up for the christmas holidays too, but since theyre likely to be here by that stage now i've had to rethink it. I'm now thinking that i'll finish at the end of november which should hopefully give me a couple of weeks to get myself organised but im now starting to panic a little about my work projects that i have on site and how things will be left when i finish as i'm intending to take off til september/october next year, despite it being totally out of my control.
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I get it, you should definitely plan to be more or less done near mid/end of November and take the last week to wrap up loose ends. Panic is definitely starting to set in for me too since I will be off for 1 year if not 15-18 months. 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady
    I plan on working right up until I deliver. I don't get much time off, so I want to save as much as possible for after baby is born. With DD, I went into labor over the weekend, so it worked out ok. 
    If I had more time, I would probably would take off starting December 23rd. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: January 7th, 23+6 

Baby is the size of a(n): almost as big as a waffle iron?

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday morning for 24 week appointment. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Craving sugar--donuts and cupcakes and chocolate. 
    Starting to get some heartburn and aches/pains. 

Rants/Raves: I totoally forgot to check in last week. I feel like I don't have time for anything lately.

Questions: nothing right now.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish for sure. It would have helped a lot during med school and residency. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23 Weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: I'm on a bit of a wonky schedule due to my chage in providers, so my next appointment is in less than 3 weeks, October 3.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):Feeling great!  Baby is kicking all the time and DH got to feel him over the weekend.  Baby likes to be way down in my pelvis so its kind of awkward having anybody else try to feel him...lol!

Rants/Raves: @jaceru I'm completely with you regarding missing last week.  It just flew by!

Questions: None today.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish or Karen.  These are the two languages I come across most in my law practice.  I keep promising my staff that whoever learns all the different dialects of Burmese will become my favorite employee...lol!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @breweber2010 I have the same situation with low kicks in the pelvis hahaha they're light to the touch but feel so weird for me. DD still hasn't been able to feel a kick since she doesn't have the patience yet to wait. I';ll need to wait till their stronger with this anterior placenta 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady My last day at work with DD was my due date, but she didn’t arrive for another week. Unless I get activity restrictions later on I am planning on work til at least close to my due date with this one. We have a winter shutdown between Christmas and New Years so things will just be starting to wind back up at work. 
    @jaceru I completely forgot to check in last week, too. 
    @breweber2010 I didn’t know you were a lawyer, too!
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Same here! Little one is kicking super low. Getting lots of hits to the bladder. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 15/22w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Nurse appt 9/25

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I pretty much constantly want Thai, Indian, or Chinese food. Symptoms-wise, the raging heartburn continues, along with getting winded really fast, especially climbing stairs. 

Rants/Raves: Well, today was a horrible day. My sweet old kitty spent the weekend at the emergency vet with renal failure trying to get her levels stabilized with 24/7 IV and care. After improving a bit Saturday night, she continued to decline, and I got the call today at work that her systems were basically shutting down. I drove straight to the vet and DH met me there so we could be there for her, and we had to put her to sleep this afternoon. I am heartbroken and miss her tremendously. 

Questions: Has anyone here had to gently explain death/losing a pet to a toddler? I may post this in the randoms thread too. DD has been saying  “Jezebel’s sick” and that she’s at the doctor to feel better, so I’m just bracing myself for how to talk to her about it. 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I studied Spanish and am pretty good conversationally but I’d like to be closer to fluent. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit?

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Upcoming Appointments: had a quick appt today, learned I have an anterior placenta last month but she reassured my fears today that since I’m a prescheduled csection (4th) they just want to have more information before delivery? I’m still confused about it, she mentioned that if they can’t see what they need to see on ultrasound down the road I might have to do an MRI?  Not going to stress just going to take it day by day. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Craving all the spicy things! The spicy lime Cheetos are killing me lol. I find myself adding red pepper flakes to my fish bc my kids can’t handle much spice at all. 

Rants/Raves: Excited that my husband got to feel clear movement this last week, my oldest did too - the younger two aren’t patient enough just yet. Seems like every time I tell them to feel baby stops moving lol

Questions: Did you see all the posts about it being 100 days until Christmas? These babies are going to be here before we know it! Anybody else buying diapers yet? I picked up two boxes. Probably too soon but they were on sale. 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish - just for the practical use!
  • Options
    have any of you been told yet when to go in for your glucose test? Just wondering if you're doing it at 24 weeks or waiting until closer to 28 weeks?
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I did it at 28ish weeks with dd but since I did have gd with her, I was monitored from 12 weeks this time & diagnosed gd at about 15 weeks.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k scheduled mine for next month, right around 27 weeks. 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’m scheduled for GD test at 28 week too. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 3 / 24w+4d

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow- checkup with doctor. @c1kc1kpol1cn1k   I think im going to have to take the glucose test.

How are you feeling (Cravings/Symptoms): feeling ok overall. Still love burgers. I could eat one every day. Kicks are getting pretty obvious to me now (anterior placenta) and it's so weird! Takes me by surprise haha.

Rants/Raves: So nice a friend of mine said my bump was so cute it made her want to get pregnant again. She has a super cute 9 month old girl.

Questions: Anyone a SAHM now, but was working full time before? I'm currently a professional, 14 years into my career of choice.. but really wouldn't mind a change. @leprechaunlady We are thinking I won't go back to work (so blessed that we have that choice!), but I'm scared about changing my life that much. Would love any tips to keep my sanity.

• Options
    @Limes030 that's really great that you're able to do that. It will be a big adjustment for sure!
    With dd i took a full year off when i had her and i really struggled with a number of things; the lack of mental stimulation, not earning my own money (dh would never have told me that i couldnt have anything but ive been working full time since i was 17 and to suddenly go to not having my own income was mentally hard for me), lack of adult company, losing my own identity or struggling to find what my new one was. My job is quite demanding and i really enjoy it so i did a night course from 9-12 months because i felt like my brain was turning to mush! This time round, im going to take 9-10 months and will definitely be going back to work after. I did reduce to a 4 day week which i find is a great balance for me as i have that extra day off with dd.
    Could you put the baby in daycare a day a week to allow you a little time to yourself, to do adult things like a part time course etc? 
    I have the upmost respect for SAHMs cause that shit is hard!!

• Options
    @Limes030 The hardest part for me when I became a sahm was getting enough mental stimulation and adult interaction. The one piece of advice I can give you is get out of the house. You’ll find it much easier to stay home in the beginning, but seriously, get out. Do something. Do story time at the library or find a MOPS group or something attached to a your church. Even if it’s a friend to go on a walk with, anything. We moved 6 states away thanks to the military when I was 6 months pregnant with ds. I had zero friends and being home was very isolating. I probably ended up with ppd from it. I reached out to a girl I had met in birthing class around 2.5 months after ds was born and it was the best thing I could have done for either of us. We both needed that mental stimulation and just an adult to be around, even if it was for an hour or two.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit? - this can't be right @crf4

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Fine.  It feels like my skin is stretching a lot. 

Rants/Raves: I cant stand those illustrated pictures of what a woman is supposed to look like at a certain number of weeks pregnant.  The woman's belly never sticks out that far.  It just seems so unrealistic.

I got my first "Oh I thought you were due next month" comment!  Wtf -  have you really never been around someone that is pregnant.  I honestly look like an average 23w pregnant woman.

Questions:  I have to go back to work in August because I am a teacher.  

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I love languages!  Outside of the ones I know I would like to speak mandarin or Japanese. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing for another 2 weeks. I had my anatomy scan part 2 on Monday. Luckly the were able to see everything they needed.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Chocolate and I am loving spicy foods

Rants/Raves: I am happy, for the most part, to be done traveling. We have basically been gone the last 2 weeks so it is nice to be at home.

Questions: Still none.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish. I will need it sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun ive been getting the “when are you due?” Then shock & no filter comments for a while now & it makes me want to smack people so hard! What makes anyone think its ok to comment on a random strangers size in any situation?! 😡
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady so true, I have people at work just noticing now that I'm pregnant and I definitely have a noticeable bump, it's bizarre to me

ps thank you all for the feedback! I think I will do the test at 27 weeks so at my 28 week apt my midwife can share the results. She also said if there was a concern it's better to catch it early

@Limes030 that's awesome that you are going for this change! A lot has already been said, but again try and find the mom groups /story time/  community events. 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I am so with you that it is never ok to comment, pregnant or not.  

@chelscreates So glad things went well!

• Options
    @ponyoisfun @leprechaunlady yea the bump is definitely out so Im getting a lot more unsolicited comments as well, "oo you really popped this week" :o  and then " oo you cant even really tell your pregnant yet."  I think a lot of it is due to what I'm wearing that can make it look bigger or not, but thanks for the comments (NOT!)

DD/Weeks + Days: 25 w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: waiting to find out! 

Upcoming Appointments: GD test in 2 weeks

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling great aside from some stretching pains occasionally.  No real cravings, just eating carbs without guilt!

Rants/Raves:  Since I got back from vacation, a lot of my co workers have just started noticing the bump as well; everyone has been real supportive and kind so I am grateful for a positive work environment. 

Questions:  none 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?  Spanish  for sure, I have a mixed family.  
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 8, 24w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: level 2 ultrasound a week from yesterday 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Good! All I really want to eat is pasta but that's been going on for awhile. 

Rants/Raves: Nesting is real... My poor Amazon credit card 🤦the couch in our living is old and one of the dogs "dug" a hole in the cushion so in looking for a slipcover for the time being I decided the whole living room needed a makeover. In fairness it needs it, I moved into H's bachelor pad and we haven't changed anything in there since being together. 

Questions: anyone else doing maternity pictures and if so when? I have a friend at work who took our engagement pictures for next to nothing and she offered maternity then newborn too. We originally said late Sept but since I still don't have much of a bump we're going to try for later in October (around 28 weeks). Hoping I look a bit more pregnant then and the weather should still be ok. 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish or sign language. Not so much with my current job but when I worked retail pharmacy the tiny bit I know of both really came in handy so it'd be nice to be fluent. I did take 4 years of Spanish in high school but of course don't remember a ton.
  • Options
    @brimarie91 we have our maternity shoot scheduled for last weekend in Oct. I'm hoping the weather holds up by then as it can be so unpredictable here.  I was thinking the same about my bump, I thought Sept would be too early. That's so great your friend can take those pics! I always feel so awkward with an unknown photographer.