Elemental formula? Anyone ?? — The Bump
July 2019 Moms

Elemental formula? Anyone ??

My daughter is on puramino by enfamil because she cannot tolerate any dairy or milk protein. I found out through a hell of a time with 6 different formulas all trial and error and finally a stool test confirmed. She is amazing now but it is so hard to find and so expensive. Waiting to hear from insurance about a medically necessary coverage from her doctor. Until then I have recieved state assistance through wic for 8 cans for free at any approved stores which is great except I've had to drive all over the state for them. Literally.  I've had to buy it from a walgreens that doesn't take wic and go to a different walgreens that does accept it, just to return and repurchase it with my wic card. I even contacted enfamil and got 4 cans as a sample for free. This formula is straight amino acid and the highest priced. It is all my baby can tolerate so I'm doing everything I can! She did try the elecare and could not tolerate it at all it was a nightmare! I heard there is another called neocate but I have only seen it once in a store and seems even harder to find than puramino. I also read the neocate can lead to rickets which is scary. Puramino has been working and I'm so happy. Just wish it wasn't such a hassle to get. Going to try to contact the store manager to see if they can order in bulk until I hear from my insurance!! I even joined a facebook group for elemental formulas but have seen people get scammed on there and am not even fully comfortable with it. Mostly joined to read about others journeys with this, it is a small group and google doesn't offer much research. Is anyone else going through these struggles?! 

Re: Elemental formula? Anyone ??

• ME!!! Holy crap it’s us to a T! I just logged in to see if any other moms or I guess babies were having these issues!! If I give you my cell do you want to talk 😫😫 I literally have no one else to talk to that understands this!!! 
  • We go back to the GI tomorrow bc we are still having screaming fits on puramino 😫😫😫
  • Loading the player...
  • We go back to the GI tomorrow bc we are still having screaming fits on puramino 😫😫😫