May 2020 Moms

How do I delete this ?

Re: How do I delete this ?

• The reason for your confusion is there is a difference between how many weeks it's been since your LMP, and your gestational age. So, you are 8 weeks 5 days pregnant (since your LMP), but your gestational age is 6 weeks 5 days pregnant, because conception typically happens about two weeks from your LMP (when you ovulate). This puts your EDD at April 19, 2020, based on a typical 28-day cycle with a 14-day luteal phase. You are not due in May 2020, but in April 2020.

This EDD calculator is pretty helpful for explaining how everything is broken down: https://www.yourduedate.com.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Okay. Thank you so much. I've been freaking out for no reason lol I actually just called my doctor cause I was losing it and she told me If something was off she would have told me. Thank you for breaking it down for me definitely helped. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello.  We do things a little bit differently than other boards here.  We discourage one-off posts that are specific only to you, and instead encourage you to introduce yourself and become a part of the community - give and take.  Please start off by reading the thread titled *** read this first *** board organization and then head over to Introduce Yourself Here to introduce yourself.  Then you may feel free to post on one of the existing threads.  There is one specifically for ultrasounds, and lots of other threads have spots for questions.

To answer your question, LMP is not the most accurate way to estimate your due date.  To do so, you would need to track your ovulation closely by basal body temperature and/or OPKs, and not just by feel.  Even that can be off by a couple of days.  An ultrasound is the most accurate way to estimate due date at this stage, and your doctor should be able to answer your question about dating, and should be able to give you an estimated due date.  Also, you may also want to edit out personal info shown in your ultrasound image, such as part of your last name, your first name, and your date of birth.  Creepers be creepin!  Good luck with your pregnancy!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Hello.  We do things a little bit differently than other boards here.  We discourage one-off posts that are specific only to you, and instead encourage you to introduce yourself and become a part of the community - give and take.  Please start off by reading the thread titled *** read this first *** board organization and then head over to Introduce Yourself Here to introduce yourself.  Then you may feel free to post on one of the existing threads.  There is one specifically for ultrasounds, and lots of other threads have spots for questions.

To answer your question, LMP is not the most accurate way to estimate your due date.  To do so, you would need to track your ovulation closely by basal body temperature and/or OPKs, and not just by feel.  Even that can be off by a couple of days.  An ultrasound is the most accurate way to estimate due date at this stage, and your doctor should be able to answer your question about dating, and should be able to give you an estimated due date.  Also, you may also want to edit out personal info shown in your ultrasound image, such as part of your last name, your first name, and your date of birth.  Creepers be creepin!  Good luck with your pregnancy!
    What she said ^^. Just by your screen name plus the info in your u/s photo, we now know your full name and DOB. Not very good practice of internet safety. We're just looking out for you (and your family's) safety.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Gotcha. How do I delete this post entirely? 
  • You can’t 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2019

Maybe someone can help me out lol I suck at math but I used a couple caculators trying to find out when I concieved. I thought I had all my dates on track, when I ovulated and when I could test blah blah blah. So I got my BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) Aug. 7 and my LMP was July 14th and i went for my first U/S (ultrasound) on Sep 10 and measured at 6 weeks 3 days. I'm currently 7 weeks. But that would mean by estimate I concieved around Aug 9th which makes no sense. Cause I tested August 7th...what am I mixing up here...I literally spotted the day I ovulated and had cramping as well. And then took my first test 8dpo on Aug.7

*minus ultrasound pic*
    QFP

Link to same question on First Tri Board

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12746898/something-isnt-adding-up#latest
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Well done @m6agua. Well done.