May 2020 Moms

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • @LuLiLaEv So many why's! And who would actually wear all those giant clips? Maybe I'm old too.... IDK.

I despise the fact that 90's fashion is cool again. It didn't look good then and it doesn't look good now. And there's no such thing as a "bag belt." It's a fanny pack and it's not cute. I don't care if Louis Vuitton has decided to make them. Although I am fully on board with boot cut jeans being a thing again. 
  • rachelg777rachelg777 member
    edited September 2019
    So on board with all the coffee. I will drink it as long as it doesn’t make me want to vomit.

speaking of 90’s fashion @ruby696 @LuLiLaEv .. have you guys seen that these are apparently in style right now...? Whaaaaat. And not only that but $462!!!. 

Edited- pic escaped the spoiler

• I want flare jeans back! Not like the outrageously big ones, but the ones that were slightly bigger than boot cut!

@rachelg777

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @rachelg777 Oh no. No, no, no. 
  • @LuLiLaEv ummm those are so ugly. Why. 

@ruby696 yes! No fanny packs. I don’t care who makes them. :dizzy:

@rachelg777 someone is messing with us right? :anguished:

• Fanny packs are only for old men with CCW permits.

Boot cut jeans can always be found at the ranch store, whether they are trendy or not!

It's kinda strange, but I live in a resort town which is like a fashion isolation bubble.  We have no sense of fashion outside of ski/snowboard industry outerwear.  I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

This has nothing to do with my political views one way or the other (not here to debate politics), but my neighbor loves Hillary, I do not like my neighbor, we fly a Trump 2020 flag from our house just to upset her.  I'm still not sure if that makes the other neighbors like us more or less (we live in a swing state).
  • @mdfarmchick I don’t give up coffee during pregnancy either. Giving up alcohol is bad enough, don’t make me give up coffee too.

@ruby696 all my high school students are obsessed with 90s fashion and I hate it. It reminds me of how unfashionable and thoroughly uncool I was throughout elementary and middle school, lol.
  • @soprano19 I wonder if the kids into 90s fashion now will look back at their high school photos and also think they were so uncool and unfashionable
  • I can’t stomach hot coffee while pregnant which literally kills me because my normal diet is coffee from 6am-12pm, hold the food. 

I do 24oz of half decaf/half reg iced coffee around after school pick up or else I wouldn’t make it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Also. The only thing I want from the 90s is my Steve Madden platform sandals with the stretchy black tops. You can have the rest. And I don’t want to pay $90 like they want now.
  • soprano19soprano19 member
    edited September 2019
    @pirateduck part of me hopes they will regret it, lol.
  • Another vote for the still drinking coffee campaign. Also 2 of my keurig cups which equals one yeti tumbler which usually doesn’t get fully consumed because it still gets cold and I don’t do “enda” drinks still counts as “one cup” in my book! (It’s light roast so that helps right 🤷‍♀️) 
  • @JStill0603 I’ve known people who cut their six cups a day back to three and everyone was fine. I think you are good 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Today I am taking my daughter to a theme park and don’t want to wear a backpack or jeans with pockets, so I’m wearing a fanny pack! 🤷‍♀️ I’m firmly function over fashion any day. 
  • @ieles2531 - I'm going to an outdoor concert tomorrow and will be rocking the fanny pack.

Also, I just bought some overalls on Amazon and am considering rocking those instead of jeans, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Another vote for the still drinking coffee campaign. Also 2 of my keurig cups which equals one yeti tumbler which usually doesn’t get fully consumed because it still gets cold and I don’t do “enda” drinks still counts as “one cup” in my book! (It’s light roast so that helps right 🤷‍♀️) 
    I believe light roast have more caffeine than dark...  something about the roasting process takes some of the caffeine out
  • @pirateduck thanks for ruining that thought lol!!! Eek. Dark roast gives me heartburn even when I’m not pregnant so that’s no good for me. 

@ieles2531 I love the fanny pack idea but am a little bit bigger around the middle and I’m afraid to try one. I recently discovered the cross body purse though and it’s been a godsend at museums and playgrounds and on vacation. So much more room than the wristlet from my cool days!