October 2019 IVF — The Bump
Infertility

October 2019 IVF

ladyp0tterladyp0tter
25 Love Its 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
edited September 9 in Infertility
I wanted to get this thread going for those of us anticipating retrievals in October. I have my consult with my RE this Friday the 13th after my first failed FET from August. In my first retrieval, I had 24R, 21M, 20F, 15d3, 7d6 which after PGS resulted in 6 abnormal, 1 indeterminate. We transferred on 8/23 the indeterminate and 1 abnormal (trisomy 11) after genetic counseling consult. BFN at 14dpt. Assuming at this point the indeterminate was abnormal as well.

My hope this round is to change up my protocol and see if the doctor will recommend fewer stimulation meds in hopes to entice better QUALITY eggs vs. QUANTITY since my high numbers still did not result in any viable embryos. My best "looking" embryo from my batch ended up being the most abnormal (with multiple trisomies). So looks aren't everything, unfortunately. My protocol this cycle was 225 (3 vials) GONAL F, 225 (3 vials) MENOPUR, Estradiol 3x a day. Stimmed for 12 days. Two-stage Trigger w/ Lupron (to avoid OHSS).

I will be asking about the likelihood of a 3dt as well as freeze and PGS test any remaining 5-6 day embryos in hopes to give me 2 chances at pregnancy from one more retrieval. It is highly unlikely at my age (44) that I will end up with more than 1-2 normal embryos at all regardless of the number I start with. I will also inquire about a potential ERA (to determine the progesterone needs). My AMH last check was 0.794 which isn't bad for my age.

Looking forward to connecting with others for October!!
Me: 44yo, DH: 46yo
3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID Twins @34yo)
Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder) 
4 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC genetically normal boy-D&C @ 9wks
Tubes were tied after my Twins. Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
FET#1 August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy)
BETA 9/6/19 - BFN
IVF#2 October 2019