Ask your questions here!
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Weekly Question Thread w/o 9/9

• Ugh I feel like a had a question but 🤰🏻🧠 has made me forget! I’ll be back to post it when I remember 
  • Just had my monthly checkup with my OB. She suggested that I start taking baby aspirin because of my history of asthma and my weight. She said it can help minimize my risk for preeclampsia. Anyone else taking baby aspirin? Any side effects? Kinda freaked me out honestly. Doctor didn't seem concerned and said it's just a precaution. 
  • Loading the player...
  • lemonlove86lemonlove86 member
    edited September 2019
    I feel silly asking this question but here it goes...

My teeth have shifted a lot already in this pregnancy- I have retainers from my braces days that I typically pop in every few months when I see my teeth shift, I'll wear them for a bit, then forget about it until I need them again. Think my teeth will be okay being moved around by retainers during pregnancy with all the weird dental stuff that happens to our bodies?
  • I'm 14 wks today and I don't know if I'm overthinking it but I feel like I'm feeling baby move already, and it's definitely not gas that I'm feeling. It's unexplainable and just feels like somethings pushing/moving from the inside. I felt it a lot last night.

Is anyone feeling baby move yet?
  • @stacey6689 My Dr. also has me taking 1 baby aspirin a day to prevent any clotting due to my blood pressure being elevated. I've been taking it for about 2 wks now along with my blood pressure meds and I haven't felt any side effects. Hopefully that eases your worry a little :) 
  • @lemonlove86 my dentist was fine with my invisilign treatment while preg - I think gum health is big though so keep up with brushing and flossing!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• I remember my question - it may be more appropriate for symptoms thread but is anyone else experiencing headaches? I was trying to figure out the source and I felt my headaches were more my sinuses and after reading a bit, the increase in mucous can increase sinus pressure and pain. Anyone experiencing this? Any remedies or suggestions? I can post in symptoms if it’s better suited for that thread. 
  • @dunder_mifflin I have some here and there, usually related to poor water intake or not enough carbs. I take tylenol for them and it usually helps!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin thank you so much! Took Tylenol and it did help! I was worried maybe it was a sinus infection but it’s subsided a bit. 
  • @stacey6689 Im taking baby aspirin now and I did last pregnancy, both recommended by my doctors. I have chronic high BP. No side effects though! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @dunder_mifflin I've been getting headaches for the past few weeks. Most of the time it's because I need to eat. I usually just take a Tylenol and it helps. 
  • @lizp1229 and @MrsVP614 Thanks for sharing. I am going to pick up some after work. My OB told me to avoid the chewable version because they taste horrible lol 
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited September 2019
    @dunder_mifflin I have been having headaches more frequently lately, too.  I try to drink more water, maybe a Diet Coke if I think it's caffeine-related.  If it gets worse, I'll take a Tylenol.

@lemonlove86 Do teeth normally shift during pregnancy?!  I had braces for 7 years when I was a kid/teenager and I have a permanent retainer on the back of my bottom front teeth.  I swear my teeth have been feeling sensitive and I'm paranoid they're going to move.  Eek! 

@lizp1229 I'll be 14 weeks on Friday and I have not felt the baby move at all yet.  I'm a FTM though, so I've heard it takes a while longer.  Ladies who have had a baby before tend to feel the baby move earlier, I've heard.  :) 
  • My question this week is in regards to taking antidepressants during pregnancy.  For more than a decade (pre-pregnancy), I was on Prozac for clinical depression.  Sometime around Christmas last year, I stopped taking it because my ex was completely against it and he flushed them all down the toilet.  It was a whole ordeal, but I never did start taking them again... and all was going okay until a few months ago, when my depression crept back in.  I'm not sure if it's situational sadness mixed with pregnancy hormones (I'm finally nearing the end of a divorce that has been going on for way, way too long), or if it really is my clinical depression just re-emerging, but my dad and my sister are both doctors at a family clinic (my sister is actually my general practitioner) and they are adamant that I need to start taking Zoloft.

I was totally on board with this decision until I asked the OB I was seeing a month ago about it and she freaked out, saying I really should abstain from antidepressants if I could, despite the fact that there was no evidence that Zoloft was harmful to an unborn baby.  She did say that if I absolutely had to take it, I needed to stay on it at least 6 months postpartum (which would be fine); but her initial reaction was so negative, it really threw me for a loop.  So naturally, I made the mistake of Googling Zoloft and there were horror stories about heart defects, etc. 

Anybody have experience with Zoloft (or other antidepressants) during pregnancy? I feel like @stassischroeder has said positive things about Zoloft, but my memory is god-awful now.  Sorry for sounding like a broken record..... I just don't want to risk anything if I don't need to; but I also don't want to cry multiple times a day and be anxious 24/7 if that is going to hurt the baby either.  Sigh.
  • @Malidocious idk if teeth necessarily shift but pregnancy can cause a lot of gum issues. Last time I ended up which a huge pregnancy gum tumor that had to be lasered off bc it got so big and uncomfortable. I wasn’t good at flossing then. Since then I floss every day and I’m sad to say that it’s already returning 😢 I was totally bummed when I first noticed it bc I was hoping flossing would help me avoid it but no such luck. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama Aw, what a bummer!!  I'm sorry to hear that.  Pregnancy continues to surprise me!
  • @Malidocious I don’t have experience with Zoloft (DH takes it) but I also recommend what @dunder_mifflin said about finding someone well educated about it. Mental health is so important during this time of stress and hormones, especially through postpartum. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @Malidocious all of these ladies hit the nail on the head - it may be time to shop for an alternative OB because this isn't something she should dismiss. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @Malidocious - Do not suffer silently. Keep speaking up for yourself, and get the help you need without any judgment. <3
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• @Malidocious I’m so glad you found a healthcare provider who actually listens, validates, and addresses your concerns! And as a result you are getting the care you need. I’m sorry you were feeling that way and I’m hopeful that Zoloft will work for you! Stay well and keep us updated :)
  • @Malidocious I’ll be thinking of you!

@lizp1229 I feel something that I think is maybe my uterus stretching? If that makes sense? Idk. Hard to say what’s what but there is definitely stuff moving around in there. Haha. Side note: is the 1229 in your username significant? 12/29 is my birthday. :)
  • @Malidocious I’m currently taking Zoloft and was pre-pregnancy. My OB actually recommended it to be because it is safe (relatively) for pregnancy and also breastfeeding. I have had such a positive experience with it before pregnancy and during! If you have any questions I’m more than happy to answer them if I can! ☺️
  • @Malidocious so glad OB1 was supportive and has your back! Been thinking about you today 💛
  • I am too.  I read up on it and it’s nothing to worry about.  Preeclampsia is way scarier!
  • Ok I hava a question.  I am 13w and I feel soooooo much better than i did in the first trimester.  So much so that it freaks me out because I don’t have those annoyances that remind me I’m pregnant.  I just had an ultrasound and saw the baby but then that night I went to yoga and ended with a migraine.  I’m worried that maybe I hurt the baby and I that’s why I’m feeling so much better.  Am I crazy?
  • @lynnmarie1513 You aren't crazy! But that said, you did NOT hurt the baby. I run 4-7 miles a day and do yoga-light things all the time (I'm not skilled enough to REALLY do yoga haha). I started feeling way WAY better around 13 weeks too, that is totally normal! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @lynnmarie1513 you’re not gonna hurt the baby from yoga. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I have a bump question. Currently I’m in the check in group 3 bc my due date is 3/18 but I’m having a scheduled c section on 3/13. Should I switch to the group 2 check in? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AAAG13 I don’t think it really matters, it’s up to you. I mean most babies aren’t born on their due date some are born a couple weeks early, some a couple late, due dates are just a guess
    EDD 11/24/23

• @AAAG13 your anatomy scan and gestational diabetes test and all that stuff will be on track with group 3 since it’s based on weeks not due date. But it honestly doesn’t matter, so whatever group you prefer

• Re: hurting the baby from exercise, my Bump articles regularly say things about safe vs. non-safe exercises but haven't said anything about strength training machines. My usual workout includes inverted leg presses and back extensions, both of which require you to lean back and crunch the abdomen but which are saving my spine and pelvic floor during this time of great shifting; are those kinds of thing bad? Should I switch to bodyweight exercises?
  • Is anyone else losing hair? I’ve heard of postpartum hair loss, and I had a little but not too much with DD, but right now I’m losing tons of hair in the shower and more throughout the day. It’s so weird! I thought my hair was supposed to grow thicker during pregnancy. My hair is quite thick so it doesn’t really bother me, but it’s annoying to keep pulling out hairs.
  • @kantobean me!! With DS I had beautiful thick hair, and this time it’s falling out in chunks. Boo. Same with DD. So not fun. I swear I lose half a head every time I brush my hair. 
  • @miss.sally good to know it’s not just me! So sad. I’ve also found my first few gray hairs in the last two weeks. I probably can’t blame that on pregnancy, but like WTF.
  • Lol @kantobean when it rains it pours, amirite? 
  • @mauvelousone last pregnancy I kept doing all my normal exercises (including crunches) until it was uncomfortable for me. There is a point (20 wks or so) when you shouldn’t be on your back for prolonged periods and when doing crunch-like exercises will not feel right. Your doctor can probably also refer you to pregnancy-safe exercises, but I didn’t modify what I was doing until past 20 weeks (I didn’t have a bump until this point though so I found most exercises to be comfortable). Trust your body, and don’t push it.

• @kantobean 12/29 is my birthday! :) hi birthday twin!!