March 2020 Moms

Ten Things Tuesday 9/3/19

Haven't done one of these in a while! What are ten things you want to celebrate for existing today?

Re: Ten Things Tuesday 9/3/19

• Loading the player...
  • 1. DS, he’s my whole world and even when he is making me crazy I love him so much
    2. DH who works so hard and is so understanding that I’m not feeling great right now
    3. My crockpot, I love throwing food in it in the morning and having something delicious by dinner time! 
    4. Story time started back up at the library today
    5. My friend with a little girl close in age to DS who goes to things like story time with us and is understanding of DS’s large size
    6. My doppler which is helping to reduce my anxiety of this baby this time around
    7. The long weekend was so nice to have a couple extra days with DH
    8. WoW classic was so much fun to play this weekend when DS was in bed
    9. Fruit snacks, nothing gets DS to listen like a pack of fruit snacks 🤣
    10. Leggings, so comfy, I pretty much live in them now
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @varimama yes on the crockpot!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• 1) Husband! He’s the best. Honestly, he does more of the emotional labor in our partnership than I do. 
    2) My office. We have a bring your baby to work policy, $1/minute massages, flextime,  lactation suite, and a nap room. 
    3) Just found out the nearest daycare to my house (4 min bike ride) is French immersion and not more expensive! 
    4) My bike 🚲 and great public transit 
    5) Football weekends and great snacks 
    6) Friends, who have been so amazing in their responses as we finally start spreading the good news 
    7) My OB, who is totally down with sushi, chai, and kombucha 🤤 And due the same day as me! 
    8) The library 📚 And particularly Ruth Ware’s new book 
    9) Honestly, Taylor Swift’s new album 
    10) Bonfires and fizzy ginger mocktails 
  • @pdx2020 Holy cow, your office sounds great!
  • @Malidocious, It is! It’s also 90% women, so the policies are super family-friendly. I wish more offices centered women and families creating policies! The workplace would look a lot different. 
  • Oh man, had a very frustrating meeting today that wrecked my mood for the rest of it. I needed to read these and recenter my own gratitude! 

1. DH, who has been very supportive and putting up with lots of pregnancy moods/symptoms/cravings/emotions 
    2. Our dog. We got him after our loss (and losing our first dog) and he has been such a light in my life since. I truly think rescuing him at the time we did kept me out of an even darker hole 
    3. Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream 
    4. My parents! They live close and are very supportive in whatever ways they can be. 
    5. Fall weather approaching 
    6. Good books (got Where the Crawdads Sing off hold from my library today, can’t wait to start)
    7. Stretchy waistband pants 
    8. Interactive puzzle toys for the dog that keep him entertained while I have to get work done
    9. Meal delivery kits to keep me cooking interesting/healthy meals when I have no energy to plan on my own 
    10. Pumpkin spice lattes (no shame) 

@pdx2020 I love Ruth Ware! Also, I wish I worked where you do!
  • @kantobean +1 for dresses that don't cling to my midsection! i wore one that i bought at ross the other day and it was perfect. THOUGH it did make my growing boobs look huge but--little i can do about that.

@pdx2020 french immersion is a big deal around where i live in louisiana. congrats on that, wherever you're coming from. and YAY that someone else is excited for football weekends! 

@hmjensen this has ALWAYS been my fave thread on TB bc it really makes you think about what is GOOD in your life right now, which... isn't always where my mind is.
  • 1. My super fun, smart, kind, adorable class of new Pre-K kids.
    2. The wonderful and supportive people that I have met over the past year moving to a new state.
    3. My bed. It's so comfy. I wish I was there now.
    4. I get an ultrasound on Thursday!
    5. My husband for putting this baby in me.
    6. My instantpot. 
    7. Cardigan weather is upon us.
    8. Cat snuggles.
    9. Being pregnant = not having to clean the litter box.
    10. I got a new locking cabinet in my classroom today and it was super exciting.
  • 1. DH - even though he doesn't always 'get' it, he's been there for me through thick and thin. (and he's my best friend.)
    2. DD and DS - love both my kids and their uniqueness.  they keep life interesting.
    3. My dog - a good snuggle from him is all a person needs to recover from a bad day.
    4. My home - it's nothing fancy, but I always miss it when we leave.  
    5. Upcoming fall - I love the holidays, the cooler weather, and everything else about the season.  
    6. A healthy baby - so grateful that everything has been looking on track for this LO.
    7.  Working from home - I love the flexibility it affords and being able to be there more for my kids.  Not having to commute every day is nice too.
    8.  This one may be strange, but.. the inlaws.  :)  I love DH's mom, she is very supportive and I definitely got lucky.
    9.  Nausea that's letting up - I can finally get through a day without being miserable. 
    10. A good laugh.  
  • 1. Finally telling our kids and family about the baby!  Love how excited they are and I feel happier finally being able to speak of this little one openly.
    2. My husband is feeling better, and dare I say excited, about the baby finally (sharing the news helped the adjustment so much)
    3. My home.  Our house needs a lot of work but it’s come a long way and feels cozy.
    4. My grandparents making it through a tough health year and being so adorable and thrilled about their 4th great grandchild
    5. My kids’ schools.  The year is off to a great start and I’m thankful for such dedicated teachers
    6. Fall ball- can’t wait to be at the field again watching my son play baseball
    7. NFL- DH and DS are stoked about their fantasy teams and I appreciate their chatter and am looking forward to nachos and everyone sitting around together during the games
    8. My crockpot (I’ll join the club😍). Making sausage and kale cassoulet  tomorrow from budgetbytes.com sooooo good
    9. Sweater season
    10. Walking the dog in the morning. It’s been peaceful and makes me feel better about all the snacking 

• A couple days late, but reading everyone’s answers made me so happy I thought I’d join in! Love this thread.

1. DH. I couldn’t do this without him and his patience and compassion for me and our growing little girl has made me love him more ever. (Even though the days get long, tough and exhausting on both of us.)
    2. My mom. She’s been a huge support. Her openness about her pregnancy and losses has brought us closer, too. 
    3. The change in season. I love how so many people said this is their favorite time of year too!
    4. I have an OB appointment today and hope to get a peek at the baby!
    5. First trimester being over. My nausea is less constant than it was and food is starting to sound appetizing (sometimes!). 
    6. My sisters in law. They have both been through this before and are a great resource. Plus, we’re getting tons of hand me downs!!
    7. Our home. We’re renovating and the end is in sight for some projects. Plus, we are so close to having a kitchen again!
    8. Decaf lattes. Tastes great and settles my stomach during my coffee aversion.
    9. My dog. He’s been extra cuddly lately while I’ve been stuck in bed most of the summer.
    10. Massage. I treated myself to one yesterday and woke up without a headache today for the first time in 6 mornings!