December 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/1

anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
edited September 2019 in December 2019 Moms
what's shakin' ladies?

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/1

• Options
    @blueskychicago12  do they make you sit there for an hour or what do you mean? I guess I'm confused on all these glucose tests. I have my first one coming up and they're making me drink the drink an hour before I go in for bloodwork, is that what you are referring to? Congrats on passing the long one tho!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ktmaesim I had to drink it in the office, wait an hour, then get my blood drawn.  They scheduled my doctor visit in between.  If you don't pass the 1 hour, which is fairly common, you have to sit in the office for 3 hours and get 4 blood draws.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 my practice does it the same way
  • Options
    @ktmaesim Your practice may be like mine in that I was given the Glucola at my last appt with instructions for the next appt/screening. I drank it at home and had to be there exactly an hour later for my lab work. My appt was afterwards.
  • Options
    I like the gif in the first post :)
  • Options
    yep mine has me drink at home then come in for blood draw!
  • Options
    The first time around on my one hour I drank it at home (or on the way since by doctor was like 45 minutes away at the time), then tested when I got there.  For the three hour I went to the office and drink it and tested 4 times over three hours.  The second time around, I drank it in the office because I was already there when they decided to go ahead and do it (I was tested way early due to a history of gestational diabetes).  So for the one hour I drank it, finished my OB appt, then went downstairs to the lab and waited the remainder of the hour to get my blood drawn. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @k_mama91 I sympathize- my in-laws and I have a weird relationship, too...honestly extending to their relationship with our whole little family.  I don’t even care to have a shower this time, so I can see where this whole thing is already kind of awkward for you.  My in-laws always think we’re leaving them out of something, which is never true, we’re just busy and don’t have much spare time.  In fact, I can almost tell you for certain that my MIL thinks I’m having a party that I haven’t invited her to.  Her and my SIL are insane party planners, which I totally am not, so I know it drives her crazy not to be having a party, or not to be invited to one (that’s not even happening).  I’m sure I’ll hear about it through the grapevine very soon 😒
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I wish our dynamic was like that but dh frequently sees his parents and they talk daily. So it’s just me that’s the odd man out. It’s uncomfortable and things like this make it even worse. She pestered me for two weeks for a total number of people so I told her I would list her as point of contact so she could get what she needed. I’m not sure why she’s acting annoyed/dumb about it now. That’s odd your mil thinks you would have a full blown shower and try to do it behind her back. Mine would probably think the same of me though. Im not sure what her problem with me is 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @k_mama91 Ugh, it sucks to be the odd man out- over the years, I’ve been in that position, too, more courtesy of my SIL though.  That’s one good thing that came from a couple of extended family (both sides) blow-ups we had about a year ago- our little family of three became much tighter and had to learn to put extended family stuff on the back burner for our sanity.  It actually de-stressed me a lot.  The fights came around the time of our miscarriage, so that wasn’t great... I hope your DH comes more to your side on some of this stuff.  We can all love our parents, but at the end of the day, our immediate little family is our real team that we need to support the most, especially right now ❤️
  • Options
    Ok let me just piggy back off this shower rant theme we have going: sent my invites last week, my “friend” text me this am and goes “if Brandon (her longtime bf) can’t go can I bring a friend?” She literally knows like 15 other ppl that have already RSVP’d to the shower. What ?! So you just wouldn’t come celebrate the baby if you can’t hang with the right ppl? And the girl she wants to bring I HAVE MET TWICE and only reason I even met her is bc she comes to like clubbing with us. I am not friends with her! WTF? If I wanted you to bring a guest I would’ve written “& Guest” but no, you and your boyfriends names were on the envelope. Not your random ass friend. WTF
  • Options
    @ktmaesim WTF? What did you say to her? And why would someone even want to go to a baby shower for someone they hardly know? 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea GRRR... I told her I obviously wouldn’t care if this girl shows up but it’ll be a bit awkward because she wasn’t officially invited because we had to draw the line. I’m now regretting not being more mean about it. She’s a friend that’s only mutual for me, but the rest of the group of our friends sort of knows her a bit better. But she’s not an OG. 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 We’ve had that happen on my side of the family and I’ve become content with just the three of us in our own little bubble. I definitely don’t expect him to shut his side out but man I dream of there being significant distance between us ha!

@ktmaesim Sorry but that’s tacky on your friends part. It’s social etiquette to show up solo to a party unless the invite specifically says “Plus One”. 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim that's so strange... also, i mean i'm sure your shower will be lovely and fun... but it's a baby shower not a rager, weird thing to want to invite yourself to.
  • Options
    ninrmsninrms member
    edited September 2019
    Edit: Wrong thread.  :D

Hello, pregnancy brain.
  • Options
    So I saw baby move when I was in the shower a couple of days ago. I thought I would be all crying happy tears and gushing. Nope! I was creeped out 100%. It looked so weird and I felt like a vessel for an alien lifeform. My husband gets it and my mom thinks I'm crazy and insensitive. But it is what it is.

Anyone else get the creeps about normal pregnancy stuff or am I just a bad person?
  • Options
    @mrszoobear nope, I can see it move every day.  It's freaking weird lol.  I think it's just going to bust out the front like the kool aid man. Last night it had violent hiccups that only stopped when I held my stomach and rocked it.  I can tell where it's head is by touch and where it's feet must therefore be. 

My mom thinks it's weird I don't want more ultrasound images (I don't NEED them,  this is just to see the baby). 1. The baby practices drum solos daily.  I know it's in there.  2. I'm gonna be seeing it every day for 18 years in about 15 weeks,  let me have my peace lol. 
  • Options
    @jandawg lol!! No joke---this is what I'm planning on having for my Halloween costume this year!!  :D
  • Options
    I’m trying to make myself a costume to look like I have Bo Peep’s sheep on my tummy to go with my DD’s Bo Peep costume from Toy Story.  Trying to decide how heavy I want to go- any good ideas?  I’m not a masterful seamstress, but I’m pretty crafty and industrious 😊
  • Options
    @cpk3535 you could cut it out of felt maybe and use a hot glue gun to assemble it and attach it to a t-shirt. Pretty quick and easy.  I've made a few costumes that way.  
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I think cotton balls hot glued to your belly with maybe some pink Dixie cups cut in half lengthwise and glued for the feet. Felt for the ears, googly eyes. Black leggings. That’s a super cute costume idea!
  • Options
    @jandawg and @ninrms That's exactly what I'm planning for this year too! 
  • Options
    I've been trying to come up with a cute costume to bring focus to my bump. Our baby shower is Halloween themed. But the only cute thing I'm finding is the Jack-o-lantern tee shirts. Which seems lame. At least I have about a month to come up with something. 
  • Options
    My daughter keeps saying she wants to be a scary pumpkin (not really sure what that means yet) for Halloween. I'm thinking I'll go simple and make my belly one too. But now I'm thinking my husband could go as Charlie Brown, so maybe I can figure out how to go as a different character... 
  • Options
    I seriously am considering being a Handmaid and my husband being a Commander, thats if we even get invited anywhere LOL
  • Options
    DS came home from daycare last Thursday with a stomach bug, and I got it almost a full week later. My body was so conflicted between being so nauseous and throwing up yet so hungry and thirsty but even a sip of water made me sick. Luckily it only lasted 24 hours and after many warm showers and lots of rest I feel much better but I think a stomach bug while pregnant has to be the worst thing ever. 
  • Options
    As freaked out as I am by seeing baby move it is completely the opposite feeling her kick from the outside. I felt it for the first time last night! It helped get me through a rough night of nausea and other nastiness. 

Also, on the Halloween costume note: Motherhood maternity has some cute costumes. Nothing fancy and only a few choices. But if you can't make your own super cool outfit, it's a good alternative. I got a witch outfit that says "Something's Brewing" right over the baby bump.