January 2020 Moms

TTT 9/3

Happy Tuesday!  Tell us your 10 things!

Re: TTT 9/3

• 1. Baby wiggles! He really isn't impressed by the way I'm sitting and keeps kicking me.They're getting strong enough that SO got to feel it Saturday. Watching the emotions cross his face was one of coolest things I've experienced in life. 
    2. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition tomorrow night! I'm so excited!
    3. The train to Hogwarts has departed as I start my annual re-read, augmented by Stephen Fry's narration while I'm at work. 
    4.  That my big baby is no where near Hong Kong, and we have an escape plan in place if she needs to get out of China fast. 
    5. Pictures my parents keep sending from AAAAAFFFRRRRIIICAAAAAAAA. (Do doot doo d'doot do doooo)
    6. My little man is back instead of the crazy alien that was in his place during summer break...even if he did cut his hair right before family dinner Sat. 
    7. As much as I hate the heat, I'm thankful for the endless summer sun, as it means Dorian's not in the gulf. While it's unusual for SA to be directly hit by a hurricane, one parked off the coast of Corpus Cristi will soak us pretty good.And all the Californians that migrated here don't know what flooding is, or how to drive in the rain.
    8.  The weird twists of fate that brought SO and I together again...and again.
    9. Whataburger Double w/Cheese and onion rings and a lemon pie.
    10. IKEA's cool gel memory foam mattress. 
  • 1. Miraculously getting DD to her first day at a new school on time 
    2. Thankful that I didn’t noticeably cry or make a scene dropping her off hahah 
    3. Got my fall coloured nails done today!
    4. Happy to be back at work after being sick all of last week 
    5. Thankful for DH being supportive in every way 
    6. Loving the cool evenings so I can sleep normally again
    7. Happy that the season is changing (though I love summer) I definitely love fall and what it brings
    8. Feeling a ton of kicks and movements all day 
    9. Pumpkin spice season is here  ;) 
    10. My meal delivery service. Saves me on thinking what to make two days a week and is super tasty 
  • Loading the player...
  • @biolprof happy anniversary! 

1. White nectarines are my current craving. They are so good. 
    2. Ds starts preschool tomorrow and I couldn’t be more excited for 3 hours of quiet.
    3. I bought a cat food called fat cat for my giant cat named Elvis. Let’s hope it helps him lose a little weight.
    4. My patience is wearing thin with our kitten. 
    5. I’m pretty sure our tomato plants died. They’ve been on the struggle base since our heat wave and I don’t think they will recover.
    6. I found 5 leather-bound Rudyard Kipling books for 50 cents a piece at a local bookstore. Excited to use them for my nursery project.
    7. Can it just be fall weather already? Like real fall where I get to wear sweaters and boots and drink pumpkin spice things and eat apple cider donuts.
    8. Keeping my fingers crossed baby girl was able to stretch out and we can finally get this amnio done tomorrow. 
    9. I need to start working on bridal party gifts for my sisters wedding in October. If I could only get her to make a couple decisions it would certainly move things along.
    10. The maternity dresses I ordered for the wedding would be here tomorrow. Let’s hope one looks at least decent! 
  • 1.  I'm perpetually late and it drives me bonkers.  No matter what I try to do to be on time, I fail and just generally suck.
    2.  Harper started daycare up again today.  She does "school year" daycare but we registered her for full year daycare this time because I'm being proactive about a potential job.  I took her "first day" pic and it was so adorable and hilarious I started cry laughing. (I'll attach it because it's so freaking adorable)

3.  I have my 2nd interview tomorrow and I'm anxious/nervous/excited.  Assuming I get it, I feel like things will move really quickly because I'll likely start beginning of October. 
    4.  I really hope it comes with a decent pay increase from what I'm currently making. 🤞
    5.  I need to buy a study guide for my social work boards. 😬  I'm struggling to bite the bullet on one.
    6.  I was reading results from my anatomy scan, vs my OB just saying "everything looked great!", and he's measuring big so they gave him a gestational age of 20w1d with an EDD of 12/30. 😳  I was 18w6d when I went and my current EDD is 1/8.  So we'll see what happens. 🤷‍♀️
    7.  I wouldn't mind the tax write off. 
    8.  No movement on the boy name front...still stuck between two.
    9.  Little man's movements are still pretty sporadic, I feel him often but if I'm moving a lot or busy I don't notice as much.  He's been most active at night lately.
    10.  Ughh hoping I find out about this job tomorrow!!!
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I need to get my nails done so bad!  I'm ready to start decorating for fall!

@biolprof happy anniversary!!

@kbrown238 I finally just planted a rose bush yesterday evening that I let sit in the pot for like 3 weeks and I'm worried it may not make it.  All the roses had dried up but the shrub itself was still very green.  I'm really hoping I didn't kill it but I probably bought it at the wrong timing because I'd just been to busy to plant. 😬
  • @valerie4786 I feel you on doing everything wrong in the garden. I definitely trimmed a bush probably too late in the season. Oh well! Also good luck on the new job!
  • 1) cooker nights and temperate days!!
    2) baby kicks every dang day
    3) 7/11 by my garage to grab a snack after work 
    4) my online communities and group chats that I hang out in everyday. 
    5) my business coaches
    6) my awesome job
    7) Harry Potter and the sacred text podcast
    8) awesome drs at penn
    9) my husband 
    10) hot showers
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23