Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 9/2

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 9/2

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/14, 16 weeks and 4 days!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out September 22nd!

Baby is the size of a(n): Can of soda!

Upcoming appts: September 18th for OB visit, September 28th for AS!

How are you feeling?: Hungover mostly haha. 

Rants/Raves: DH and I got a lot done for our gender reveal yesterday so feeling accomplished!

Questions: Belly bands... anyone suggest anything? I have this one saved on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZNYCV7/?coliid=I6QHGSVKVY31I&colid=15ESIMN9P6YZQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Classic rock and I really like reggae because it makes me think of Jamaica :).
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @craftywitch That's so good to know! Thank you!!! So sorry about the gout! Hope you heal up quickly! That's so cute you got to make some clothes for baby boy!!! 
    TW
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe The sciatic pain is the worst which is making me want one, stat! Glad you got the second offer on the house!!! Also super exciting you’re feeling baby kicks!!! ❤️

@noxacanthus Hope that maternity pillow gives you relief! Also wishing that you can get the flights and have safe travels!!! 

@clee5711 Hope you’re able to get some rest, soon!!!
    TW
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe big NPR geek here too! It's my go to on the drive home. My commute is 25 miles each way (roughly 40 minutes) and it's nice to feel like it's productive and not wasted time. 
  • Options
    burr1371burr1371 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: 2/9 - 17+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Weighs as much as a hockey puck!

Upcoming appts: Anatomy scan - 9/30

How are you feeling?: My allergies have killed me this weekend! I never had allergies before pregnancy and it kicked my butt this weekend!

Rants/Raves: Maternity bras are the best thing ever! Who would ever wear anything else?!?! EDIT: I felt the baby yesterday! I can't wait to feel it again!

Questions: Does anyone have experience with a water birth? I am intrigued!

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Mostly Alternative, Rock, Top 40, a mix :)
  • Options
    @craftywitch DH gets gout too. He drinks cherry juice to help keep it at bay!
  • Options
    @burr1371 Bummer! Allergies are the worst! Maternity bras are pretty amazing haha! And so awesome on feeling baby!!! 
    TW
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2-12-20/17w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): A folder up pair of sunglasses

Upcoming appts: October 1st. Anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Nausea beginning to subside, but the headaches keep coming

Rants/Raves: I'm ready to feel consistent flutters 😁

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I can pretty much listen to anything, save for screaming metal and old country.
  • Options
    @burr1371 I labored in a birth tub last time, although had to get out for the actual birth because my water broke and there was meconium. I am kind of hoping to give birth in the tub this time, although last time I had no tearing at all and the midwives told me that side-lying birth is the gentlest with least tears and that tearing is more likely in the water... Still considering it! I'm sure it'll be decided in the moment, but I plan to labor in water 100% of the time.
  • Options
    @burr1371 I had a water birth with my last baby. I do think it helped with the contractions, and MH was able to catch the baby in the tub. I would recommend it for sure, especially if it’s your first. I think that could have helped me a lot with labor pains with my first, since everything took much longer. 
  • Options
    @craftywitch @therealbitts Thanks for the positive vibes about the water birth/laboring. I know I can labor in a tub where I deliver, I am not sure about the birth. I am going to ask at my next appt :)

• Options
    I wish my hospital had tubs, even just for laboring. We only have showers. I sat in my tub at home in hot water when my water broke and contractions started. It helped so much, I didn’t want to get out! But I also fully plan on getting an epidural so a water birth would obviously be a  no-go.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe hell yes to the epidural. Things moved way too quickly with my 2nd for it to work and I would really really like it this time around.  

The hospital ill deliver at has amazing birthing rooms that all have a tub and big shower. The tub is suppose to be just for laboring but my nurse last time said she’s had a few deliver in it.