Do Your Kegels — The Bump
April 2020 Moms

Do Your Kegels

This is a friendly reminder that it’s never too early to prepare your body for birth. Drop any questions or advice below. Or Bump it up every once in a while to keep the reminder going. Now get to those kegels!

KFrobmflowers929ruby_love

Re: Do Your Kegels

• haha thank you for this!!!  
    ruby_loveemsned
  • Anytime I see the word kegel I have to do them. Ha. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    ruby_loveKFrobemsnedmflowers929
  • Loading the player...
  • I was doing them while reading your post! thanks for the reminder. I'm terrible at keeping track. 
    emsned
  • Which product do you use for it? I have not done them before
  • Which product do you use for it? I have not done them before
    You can but don't usually use anything lol. Just squeeze your pelvic muscles like you're trying to hold in a pee and voila, kegels!
    Married November 19, 2010
    BFP April 18, 2014 (EDD December 2014) - MMC
    BFP #2 January 2015 - NMC
    BFP #3 October 2017 - F born June 13, 2018
    BFP #4 July 2019 - NMC
    BFP #5 August 2019 - EDD April 2020

KFrobsunnyside89sanpelligrino
  • @sunnyside89 You don’t need any equipment to do kegels. It is an exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor and you can do it any time of the day. You just use the same muscles that you would use to stop peeing mid-stream. Imagine there’s a string attached to your perineum and your muscles are pulling the string upwards. 
    Kegels can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which in turn can reduce tearing during birth and make birth less straining on that area. Kegels also make recovery after birth better. 
    One other benefit is that kegels help with bladder control. Pregnancy and giving birth can really mess with your ability to hold your pee.
    KFrobsunnyside89
  • Last pregnancy I set an alarm during my 3rd tri to remind me to do them if I hadn’t done them yet that day.  That alarm was the only thing that reminded me to do them!!  Thanks for the reminder - setting the alarm now!! 😊
    mflowers929emsned
  • how many do you have to do per day?
  • Thanks ladies, truly appreciate this! 
    emsned
  • Thank you for this thread! I think about it every time I got pee, which is a great time to do kettle. 
    emsned