November 2019 Moms

September Randoms

So i know most conversation has moved over to the PG but for anyone still checking in over here.  Hello! Happy September!

Re: September Randoms

• I either cant sleep lately or want to sleep nonstop. Any one else struggling with pregnancy insomnia?
  • @purplefan1 100% me too. I’ve given up and am just tired all the time
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplefan1 sort of! Falling asleep is hard these days, but I've always had issues with that. But I wake up so much, either to pee or because I'm just not comfortable anymore. I lost track of how many times I woke up last night. The broken sleep I get is good, theres just not enough of it so I've got huge bags under my eyes these days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lots of trouble sleeping all of a sudden for sure! Pillow position that worked great during 2nd trimester has stopped working. I'm having to experiment now. Last night putting a pillow between my knees did the trick, hopefully that's the ticket for at least a little bit, last night was the best night's sleep I've gotten in a week or two. 
  • edited September 2019
    I'm right there with all of you. Right now I'm awake and out of bed at 3am for the 3rd time tonight. This time was back pains and bathroom. The last two times I woke just because of bathroom needs. (What other symptom will add in for the 4th time, I wonder?...)

Insomnia is a frequent reality for me, as is exhaustion. 
  • I can relate. I even got the okay from my doctor to use sleep aids (not the full dose). DH has started sleeping less and less just because I toss and turn all night. And it makes it even worse when even if I do get sleep I wake up with a massive headache that doesn’t seem to go away. 
  • Same here. Usually because of hip pain and then I can't get back to sleep. A pillow between the knees helps some, but not enough.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• @emmac99 I know how that is, I am constantly worried about waking my hubby up repeatedly in the middle of the night. I think he is slowly becoming a deeper sleeper as a result of nighttime interruptions, but I am not sure that is a good thing.

@meeshybee I have come to the conclusion that my mattress is too soft and not supportive enough. I wonder if that might be the case for you, too? 
  • @meeshybee I have come to the conclusion that my mattress is too soft and not supportive enough. I wonder if that might be the case for you, too? 
    Maybe, but I don't think so. I get the same pain when I walk for too long (and "too long" can be 3 hours one day and 1 hour another). After comparing notes with DH, I think it's a nerve that's being pinched somehow. It doesn't feel muscular and it's in the joint itself. OB just kind of shrugged and said I could google some stretches. *side-eye*

@emmac99 The main reason I get out of bed id because I know my tossing and turning wakes DH. Although I seem to get just as much/little sleep on the couch so *shrug*
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• @meeshybee - that's a shame that your OB isn't very empathetic or helpful about it. I wonder if you're having sciatic nerve pain. 
  • @SunnySkiesToday - Maybe. The stretches that are recommended for sciatica are similar to the positions I've found help me. I've always heard sciatica described as radiating down the leg, but mine is only in my hip. Maybe my nerves are just weird. Wouldn't be the first thing medically weird about me, heh.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Anyone dealing with SPD? My pelvic seperation has been really painful and annoying to deal with. Feeling like a 90 year old most days!
  • The SPD is awful. It has remarkably gotten slightly better for me in the last few weeks but I anticipate it continuing to flare up. I literally have to keep moving and be very aware of my posture. Still waiting for a call from PT to get more tips. There are times I can not stand up from a sitting position and have to just stand there for a minute and then limp. I swear I can feel the separation at the front of my pelvis. Gross.
  • @meeshybee I have hip pain as well. I described it to my OB and she new exactly where it was right away and identified the joint but I can't recall what she called it. She referred me to physical therapy.  I am sorry your OB isn't being sympathetic about it, it is very painful.  I get it the most first thing in the AM, after walking a lot,  or after I teach (on my feet for 3 hour lecture).
  • This is a rant. sorry! My older sister came up to visit. We used to be close so I didn’t mind (I even looked forward to it). But she gets up here and then starts whining about her period starting. Now don’t get me wrong I understand period problems and I’m not upset about that. But she wanted me to cater to her every need and I’M the one who is currently 31 weeks. 
    Anyways, I’m a push over and give her what she wants. But it’s starting to really piss me off because she asked for food last night so I got up and made some chicken. Then she says she feels sick from the cramps so she doesn’t want to eat hers. Then she ate 3 cheese sticks out of my fridge.
     So this morning I’m up making breakfast and I offer to make her some (of pretty much whatever she wants). She tells me she doesn’t want to throw up so she doesn’t want any. I make some for DH and I and we sit to eat. Then while We’re eating she comes in a grabs apple juice out of the fridge and pours a big glass (she still has a glass in the fridge from the night before). Then she grabs two more cheese sticks and walks into the living room. 
    I cant tell if I’m just being hormonal and crazy or not. But she’s seriously annoying me. Luckily she was only here for one night so she’s leaving later today. But am I justified in being mad?
  • Sounds like a younger sibling who does not have any one to worry about aside from herself.  My baby brother is like that. Comes in, doesn't give warning and changes plans at a whim, eats WHATEVER out of the fridge and then leaves without helping clean up or offer to help with a meal or treat a meal.  

I would be upset but I also set boundaries now.  He came one time quite a few years ago and ate my leftovers that had MY NAME ON THEM since it was literally my favorite food ever.  He got an earful that day.

• emmac99emmac99 member
    edited September 2019
    I feel like so far my pregnancy has been fairly easy. Nothing crazy or big has happened until recently. But now I feel like everything is happening and idk how to cope half the time. Just with my third trimester DH lost his job, my family decided that they’re all coming to visit when baby comes, I’ve gotten in some pretty heated arguments with my parents about boundaries, my husband decided to go back to school (which I’m happy about but it’s still a big decision), He now has some medical issues that have popped up, and now He decided that we need to move before the end of the year for his schooling. He wants to move before or after the baby comes but prefers moving before. The area he’s looking in has a really run down hospital and there is only one doctor in the whole county that is qualified for labor. My MIL told me not to have the baby there because it’s so bad. So if we end up moving I’m gonna just drive the 3 hours to keep my current doctor but it’s frustrating that everything is happening now when I’m already stressed and nervous. 
    ps. Sorry for what is technically my second rant in the past month 😅