January 2020 Moms

Multiples Check-in September

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Size of babies:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Concerns/Rants/Raves:

Questions?:

GTKY: When it comes to having multiples, what do you feel the biggest hurdle will be? 

Re: Multiples Check-in September

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8th January / 21+5

Size of babies:Pirahana's

Upcoming Appointments:nothing for a few weeks thankfully, i feel like i never leave the hospital at the minute with all the appointments i have.

How are you feeling?: mostly good but massive and tired. Feeling a lot of movement now too.

Concerns/Rants/Raves: How the hell am i going to manage getting so much bigger having another 3 and a bit months to go? this links to my rant - on 2 separate occasions last week at the same supermarket the checkout lady (2 different ones) ask when i was due and then comment on my size. the initial look of shock on their faces when i say january amuses me but when they feel the need to comment further its significantly less amusing & just downright rude & makes me kinda ragey!

Raves - we went to a parents to be event yesterday (purely for the discounts, i didnt hang around for any of the talks) and ordered all our new bits and pieces for the babies. So our pram, all the accessories we need for it, extra car seat & base, extra snuzpod & extra bouncer. I'm glad to have them on order and not have to worry about them but my eyes watered more than a little at the small fortune we had to pay for everything!

Questions?: Will you ladies finish up work for maternity leave any earlier than you had initially planned before you knew it was twins or will you take longer after the birth?
    I had initially thought i would work up to the christmas holidays but now am thinking i'll finish up at the end of november.

GTKY: When it comes to having multiples, what do you feel the biggest hurdle will be?  trying to get out of the house initially. Getting everything organised & having 2 babies, a toddler & myself presentable & to leave on time if we need to be somewhere! Also, entertaining DD when DH goes back to work. He is taking a month off to begin with but it will be a tough adjustment when he returns to work and suddenly it's just me & 3 kiddos. We are intending to keep DD in her daycare for 2 days a week which will help but still!
  • @leprechaunlady how exciting you got so much this weekend! The thought of spending so much on some things makes me a little sick lol. As for your question, no answer but I admire all of
    you who work while super pregnant. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Jan 22, 18+5

Size of babies: bowl or cereal

Upcoming Appointments: MFM w/ amnio (🤞) wednesday 

How are you feeling?:huge. I’ve got the waddle going on already. I had to order a belly band because the round ligament pain gets to be intense after walking for a little while. 

Concerns/Rants/Raves: Yesterday we went to the local theme park. Ds is big enough to ride the family rides now and he had a blast! I could hear him cackling and screaming with excitement on each ride. We lasted 4 hours before I had to throw in the towel. We walked very slowly to the car because of the rlp I had going on. Thankfully we paid the extra for preferred parking lol. 

My friend from back home posted she was getting rid of all her baby stuff so I scored another high chair, a swing, a baby tub, baby toys and girl clothes for free! So excited to pick it all up in October when we head up there! 

We also bought a chest freezer so I’m looking forward to filling it with freezer meals the closer we get to baby time. I also want to start looking at local butchers to see if we can get a good deal on buying in bulk. 

Questions?: Anyone having heart palpitations? They aren’t terrible and I know it’s a possibility because of increased blood flow but its definitely annoying. 

GTKY: When it comes to having multiples, what do you feel the biggest hurdle will be? I agree with getting out of the house. My main concern is how DS will handle everything. It’s going to be a shock to his system and I don’t want him to feel pushed to the back or left out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 that's great that you're able to get so much stuff from your friend! Amazing that you can save so much by not having to buy those things!
  • @leprechaunlady I was so excited. We still have to figure out the stroller situation 😬. I don’t think I’ll get around spending the money on that. 
  • I remembered my real question. Anyone started thinking of take home outfits or hospital swaddles? Are you going matching or coordinating? I’ve been looking at sets online and I just want to get cute swaddles for the hospital and cute take home outfits. I’m having a hard time deciding and want all the things. 
  • @kbrown2385 i didnt swaddle dd at all but i had the most adorable little babygro for her which was white with pink hearts on it, with a matching hat from jojo maman bebe. They do other versions so i think i might get whatever the blue version is and have them coordinate. there was also a little yellow duck one which could be gender neutral but i dont think i'll do matching. 

yeah on the pram there is literally no way of avoiding the big spend on that unless you score a really good deal on a second hand one. But given you have managed to save so much on other stuff then it makes it a little easier to justify?
  • @leprechaunlady those are so cute 😍. I found they have a US warehouse so now I’m finding too much stuff on that site lol. Baby clothes are my weakness. 

Getting all that stuff for free does make it a little easier to spend the money. We are just hardcore budgeters and working on becoming debt free so I just see all the other stuff we can put that money towards. I’m really considering just using the single stroller we have and babywear the other one in the beginning since they will be so tiny. 
  • @kbrown2385 @leprechaunlady I was enjoying Labor Day Weekend at the beach before a very busy time for me at work, so sorry I missed the beginning of this thread! I seem to be having somewhat of the opposite experience of you both. I'm almost 20 weeks, so obviously more than halfway there with two, and I swear if you didn't know I was pregnant, I just look like I'm getting a little muffin top. I'm super self conscious about it actually, and I'm just so nervous that these babies are going to be super tiny. Like- I can still fit in my pre-pregnant stretchy jeans and all of my work dresses at this point. I guess I should be happy, but sometimes I want random people to be like "OMG- WHEN ARE YOU DUE?!" rather than having to actually tell people I'm pregnant at this point. The grass is always greener, right? LOL 

In regards to work, I am very very lucky to work for a company with 16 week family leave plus lots of PTO that I'm carrying over from prior year and this year, so I officially put in my maternity leave. Last day of work will be Dec 6th at 33 weeks, and I'll be returning July 9th after the holiday in the US.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due 01/23- 19w5d

Size of babies: cereal bowl

Upcoming Appointments: 09/10 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: mostly great! I just switched to a body pillow and ironically @kbrown2385 I felt heart palpitations last night as I tried to get comfortable on this new pillow. Otherwise, still fatigue and some headaches, but overall 2nd trimester has been really good. 

Concerns/Rants/Raves: see above =)

Questions?: I'm still trying to ask everyone I know with multiples on the sleep situation. One bassinet? Two bassinets? two rock and plays/swings? too many options and I know we all discussed it, I just keep tossing around ideas 

GTKY: When it comes to having multiples, what do you feel the biggest hurdle will be? I don't know if this is a FTM concern or multiple hurdle, but there's two things. Breast feeding- in general. Will I make enough milk to feed 2? How do you pump in the middle of the day? What if one or both babies don't take? And then the second, I'm petrified to be alone with this babies and doubting my abilities to be able to take care of two newborns at once. 

• @amb0924 those are all valid concerns which every ftm goes through! With dd the approach i took with feeding was that i would try and if it didnt happen then i wouldnt beat myself up about it. As it happened, my milk didnt come in at all and i wasnt able to breastfeed, so dd was eff. I did beat myself up a little but ultimately she is a healthy, happy 2.5yo. This time round i dont think i'm even going to attempt it due to the similar issues during pregancy and i am much happpier with the decision. That being said, many woman breastfeed multiples and there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to, your body will kick into know what it needs to produce but if it doesnt, there is no shame in formula.

im petrified of being alone with 2 & a toddler in the same way i was with just 1 with dd. You will be amazing & those 2 babies will be great! i think it will take us all a bit of time to adjust but we'll get there!